PDA

View Full Version : supercharger sound

cobrawannabe
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
hey guys, I have a question. I very rarely hear my supercharger whine like I hear in vidoes. I have long tube headers, exhaust, and intake. Are the headers the reason why? I do hear it somtimes but just a hint of it. Any help is appreciated. Is there something wrong with it?

93KingCobra
09-11-2007, 10:34 PM
What other mods do you have? Back when I had mine I had full exhaust minus headers and a CAI I only heard mine at WOT...

blk04cobra1
09-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I'd suggest porting it, then you'll hear the blower a little more...or just upgrade to a KB, then you'll really scream :thumbsup:

blueblazes
09-12-2007, 12:54 AM
kb's will definately make your ears bleed lol

like torrey said port that bad boy and she'll sing for you;)

cobrawannabe
09-12-2007, 01:15 AM
can i just port it? or do i need pulleys and tune, i'm a new guy. thanks in advance.

blueblazes
09-12-2007, 02:07 AM
well if you put a pulley on it you will increase boost and that will definately require a tune if you do so.

You can just port it. Dyno-Bob at Steigmeier swears up and down that porting the blower does not require a retune simply because your not adding "volume of air" your just increasing the efficiency of the blower.

stocklx
09-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Have A Friend Drive It And Listen As They Go By, You'll Hear It.

puzzle13
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
When I had my long tube headers installed I noticed that my supercharger whine was less noticable. Could it have been from the increased volume of the exhaust as the headers make the car roar at wot? Anyway ... that is probably what you are getting ... not to worry, the power is still there. :D

03cobra
09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I have long tube headers and shorty H pipe no cats and nobody here's my supercharger either. I only here it when ive shifter into third at the drag strip and it is still faint.

Big T
09-12-2007, 11:11 PM
hey guys, I have a question. I very rarely hear my supercharger whine like I hear in vidoes. I have long tube headers, exhaust, and intake. Are the headers the reason why? I do hear it somtimes but just a hint of it. Any help is appreciated. Is there something wrong with it?
I'm assuming that you have a smaller upper pulley? The stock pulley is not too loud. I had a 2# lower and a 2.7 upper on my eaton and it was very loud (louder than my whipple). I also removed my hood blanket to remove any sound restriction and let the heat out.

Shane361
09-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Before you get crazy doing this or that look at your long term goal and build towards that. Do you want to port or eventually get whipple or KB? If 500RWHP is enough for you grab you a 2.8 upper/4lb lower, Steig port and the associated goodies to go with it. But as mentioned...the port will make it louder, kill that blanket for sure and the flaps. Might have to paint the underside. Keep in mind when you change pullies and port a tune is mandatory-Shane