PDA

View Full Version : VICTOR FORD SHOW / Wauconda, Illinois


winddy1
02-23-2002, 12:26 PM
We have the date for the Victor Ford Show -

it will be July 14th !!

More information coming later !!

Hope y'all can come.

Remember -
this isn't a show show,
it's actually just a day to show off your Cobra, relax and be with friends !!

No competition - just friendship & fun ..

and maybe some killer stories being whispered about in the background !!:bounce: :bounce:

Cobra-R
02-23-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by winddy1
We have the date for the Victor Ford Show -

it will be July 14th !!

More information coming later !!

Hope y'all can come.

Remember -
this isn't a show show,
it's actually just a day to show off your Cobra, relax and be with friends !!

No competition - just friendship & fun ..

and maybe some killer stories being whispered about in the background !!:bounce: :bounce:

I might come down to bug you if they allow cars without splashguards in????;) ;) ;) ;)

winddy1
02-23-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R


I might come down to bug you if they allow cars without splashguards in????;) ;) ;) ;)


-----------


Brian:

Yup - everyone is allowed.

Long as it is a Ford k?

And, Tim and I are going to be relying on you -
we need support !!

They get allot of people going in and out of there, and it is a busy highway .. it would be nice to give SCMC some "publicity" here ..!!

You know, show 'em what we've got !!

:burnout: :burnout: :run: :run:

:bounce: :bounce:

Cobra-R
02-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by winddy1



-----------


Brian:

Yup - everyone is allowed.

Long as it is a Ford k?

And, Tim and I are going to be relying on you -
we need support !!

They get allot of people going in and out of there, and it is a busy highway .. it would be nice to give SCMC some "publicity" here ..!!

You know, show 'em what we've got !!

:burnout: :burnout: :run: :run:

:bounce: :bounce:

Where is the show from Rockford? Is it closer or farther for me?

Dean95CobraR
02-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Count Annette and I in!
Although the R really won't be looking show worthy by then.:(

winddy1
02-24-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R


Where is the show from Rockford? Is it closer or farther for me?


-------


I do not know exactly -

but I'm guessing about another hour or two east ??

winddy1
02-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR
Count Annette and I in!
Although the R really won't be looking show worthy by then.:(


---------



that would be really cool Dean !!

Hey, if you decide not to bring the R -
you can show Bully !! She'll be ready !!

Were going to bring Trigger and Flash -
and it seems kind of a shame to leave her (Bully) at home -
she is an SVT ya know !!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce:

tgentry
02-27-2002, 04:14 PM
July 14 looks like a good date for us! We'll be there!

BTW, two years ago a Camaro pulled in to see what all the fuss was about. My daughter, Kira, pointed it out and said "Look, prey!" :rotf:

winddy1
02-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by tgentry
July 14 looks like a good date for us! We'll be there!

BTW, two years ago a Camaro pulled in to see what all the fuss was about. My daughter, Kira, pointed it out and said "Look, prey!" :rotf:




---------



I remember that ... !!

Hopefully, we'll all get to park together again this year -
and talk about our kill stories !!

Hopefully, this year the heat index won't be 105 degrees!:eek: :eek:

Dean95CobraR
02-28-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by winddy1
Hopefully, this year the heat index won't be 105 degrees!:eek: :eek:


Amen to that! Don't forget the monsoon afterwards. :D

STU
02-28-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR
Count Annette and I in!
Although the R really won't be looking show worthy by then.:(

We might give you a little company on the drive over.

Dean95CobraR
02-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by STU


We might give you a little company on the drive over.


:thumbsup: Sounds great Dave!

winddy1
03-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR



Amen to that! Don't forget the monsoon afterwards. :D


------



oh yea,

you had to remind me didn't you ???

Actually - it was probably worse for you..

Tim and I waited it out at the restaurant after we got back with the trailer ..

then it calmed down just enough for us to load Trigger on the trailer -

we drove home slowly ..

but I could just imagine how awful it was for you....

:eek:


We do have allot of good memories don't we?:D

winddy1
03-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by STU


We might give you a little company on the drive over.


------------


Cool Dave - glad your coming too!

Sorry that I no longer have a Rio red Cobra for you to park right next too..

but then again ..

think about it
between Dean and us -
we could have


RED WHITE AND BLUE !!!!

Let's park together k?

With Flash on the other side of Trigger ofcourse...

making it - RED, White, Blue & Black ...

hmmmm, too bad we can't bring Bully ..

ADD silver to the collection ..

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

STU
03-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Good idea Bonny. We'll go with the flow.

Or we could do the "What's white and black and red all over" thing. :D

winddy1
03-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by STU
Good idea Bonny. We'll go with the flow.

Or we could do the "What's white and black and red all over" thing. :D

-----------

Yup, sounds good! :thumbsup:


At this current moment,
I am definitely black and blue all over ..

long stressful weekend ....

phew ....

stickboy96
03-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Maybe I'll bring up the rear behind Dean & Dave, try to keep them out of trouble...:)

STU
03-06-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by stickboy96
Maybe I'll bring up the rear behind Dean & Dave, try to keep them out of trouble...:)

Cool! We got ourselves a CONVOY....:thumbsup:

winddy1
03-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by STU


Cool! We got ourselves a CONVOY....:thumbsup:


---------


we will probably be getting a block of rooms at a hotel just like we always do -

everybody could meet there on Sunday morning, and then we'll really have a convoy !!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dean95CobraR
03-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by stickboy96
Maybe I'll bring up the rear behind Dean & Dave, try to keep them out of trouble...:)


Hi Rob. That would be great if you could make it. :thumbsup:

Dean95CobraR
03-06-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by STU


Cool! We got ourselves a CONVOY....:thumbsup:


10-4 Rubber Ducky! :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

winddy1
03-27-2002, 04:45 PM
anybody else coming???

tgentry
03-27-2002, 05:50 PM
Christa and I plan to attend. So far the only year we missed was last year, when it conflicted with my annual bike ride across Iowa.

It's one event we really hate to miss! :thumbsup:

winddy1
03-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by tgentry
Christa and I plan to attend. So far the only year we missed was last year, when it conflicted with my annual bike ride across Iowa.

It's one event we really hate to miss! :thumbsup:
---------------------



hey,
the heat index was over 100 degrees that day ...

how was your bike ride?:confused: :eek:

tgentry
03-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Bonny, it was HOT! Last year we had heat and headwinds for most of the week. Still, a bad day on the bike (or in the Cobra) is better than a good day at work.:D

winddy1
03-29-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by tgentry
Bonny, it was HOT! Last year we had heat and headwinds for most of the week. Still, a bad day on the bike (or in the Cobra) is better than a good day at work.:D




------------


all I know is I had a problem with the heat.
I was sick for two days afterward. If it is that hot this year - I'm stayin' inside.
:( :(

I'd rather be by the cars and the people, but I tried roughing it out there and that didn't work for me. I just can't take the heat anymore. At least - not that type of heat !!

You know what I thought was absolutely ridiculous?
Heat index approx. 105 degrees, and there were still people crazy enough to pull out onto the highway and give the poor car all it's got ....

Tim and I didn't do that with our engines. We don't like the heat, and neither do they. Pushing your engine to extremes on a day like that is asking for trouble...

oh well.

Hopefully, this year will be 80 degrees instead:thumbsup: :bounce:


well, 75 would be better ...:rolleyes:

tgentry
03-29-2002, 01:26 PM
The heat was probably harder to take standing around in a parking lot than moving on a bike. At least we create our own breeze.

As for punishing the car in the heat, I've often wondered if my engine problems are related to running at Tulsa in the heat. The car never overheated but it was getting close a couple of times.

Forged internals now, I just need to sell my TR6 and buy a blower :burnout:

winddy1
03-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by tgentry
buy a blower :burnout: [/B]


-----------



yup definitely !!

You need to buy a blower ..

I just love it on Trigger - at first, I was a little nervous about it, but we didn't go overboard with it. We just did what was necessary and no more. We are very careful with it - and I have allot to learn in driving it ...

but WOW !!!!!


what a car !!

what a difference !!

winddy1
05-11-2002, 05:44 PM
Here is the flyer for the Victor Ford show ..

I will be calling hotels to see if we can block some room's for us ...

any suggestions ..??

definitely not the hotel we chose last year, right Dean?

Dean95CobraR
05-12-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by winddy1
Here is the flyer for the Victor Ford show ..

I will be calling hotels to see if we can block some room's for us ...

any suggestions ..??

definitely not the hotel we chose last year, right Dean?


:eek: :eek: You got that right.

winddy1
05-24-2002, 03:36 PM
Do we have enough interest yet to reserve a block of rooms at hotels?

Or,
is everyone planning on just showing up on Sunday?

....xcept you Dean !!



anyone else need me to find a hotel?

STU
05-24-2002, 08:21 PM
Where is everyone staying?

Dean?

winddy1
05-25-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by STU
Where is everyone staying?

Dean?


-------------------


I will search for a hotel next week -

hopefully, I will be able to find a group rate ...

I'll keep you posted !!

Glad to hear your coming -
it's allot of fun - (yup, the show if fun -
but we have a nice afternoon the day before ..
a little cruise - dinner somewhere ..
clean up our cars together ... laugh and just relax by the pool !!



:thumbsup: :bounce:

winddy1
06-06-2002, 11:35 AM
anyone else coming?

I need to know how many rooms to reserve ..

winddy1
06-11-2002, 03:17 PM
Here is the flyer again:

STU
06-11-2002, 05:18 PM
How come Lewis got pictures of his cars on that poster?;)

winddy1
06-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by STU
How come Lewis got pictures of his cars on that poster?;)

=====================





um,

well,

ah,


sorry ???


:rolleyes: ;) ;) :doubt:

winddy1
06-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by STU
How come Lewis got pictures of his cars on that poster?;)

==============================



are you and Edith coming on Saturday Dave ??


:confused: :confused: hope so !!

STU
06-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by winddy1


==============================



are you and Edith coming on Saturday Dave ??


:confused: :confused: hope so !!

Yes. We are planning on it. Need to call in the next couple days and make a room reservation.

winddy1
06-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by STU


Yes. We are planning on it. Need to call in the next couple days and make a room reservation.


------------------------



great !!

Were excited about that ....

now we can get to know you and Edith better !!

Track events are hectic and you don't always have the time to sit around and chat ...

now,
we can !!:thumbsup: :bounce:

vrtical
07-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey guys see you there. I will be up there with my club. We are bringing a couple of cars should be great.

winddy1
07-11-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by vrtical
Hey guys see you there. I will be up there with my club. We are bringing a couple of cars should be great.


==========================


are you coming to the cruise/dinner on Saturday?

Or, will we just see you at Victor Ford on Sunday ?

I need to know who is all coming for the cruise so that we don't leave anybody behind ......

and, how many are coming for dinner!

Thx
Bonny

winddy1
07-12-2002, 11:19 AM
OK FINAL plans !!


We are meeting in the front parking lot of the hotel Saturday at 3:00 p.m......

From there - were just gonna "cruise", in other words do what everybody agrees upon...

Were going to end up at a restaurant on our route , somewhere around 5:00 before the crowds get in.

If anybody wants to meet up with us at the restaurant, let me know (email) and I will give you everyone's cell phone numbers so that you can meet up with us!!




ON SUNDAY !!!


Tim and I have to leave out at 7:45.

Everyone is welcome to come with us -
however, if you do not want to leave this early, you can continue with the plans to meet up at 8:15 as originally planned.

Let us know what you decide.

See you there!!!





:flash:

winddy1
07-12-2002, 11:26 AM
:bounce:

vrtical
07-12-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by winddy1
are you coming to the cruise/dinner on Saturday?

Or, will we just see you at Victor Ford on Sunday ?

Thx
Bonny

Just the show on Sunday :bounce:

winddy1
07-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by vrtical


Just the show on Sunday :bounce:

======================



ok --

see you there !!

one of the problems is,
everywhere we go, they are working on the roads !!

It's road construction season !!

:eek:

winddy1
07-13-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by winddy1


======================



ok --

see you there !!

one of the problems is,
everywhere we go, they are working on the roads !!

It's road construction season !!
:eek:

==========================



they are working on 290 - in the Schaumburg area ...

down to one lane in some sections !!

Avoid it at all costs !!

Mystic544
07-14-2002, 12:52 AM
Hello
New here...Vrtical told me about you guys after the track event from last month.
I'll be out there too, might have both my SVT's with me. The Mystic will be there for sure:thumbsup:
Stop by and say hi! See you there.
Tim

winddy1
07-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mystic544
Hello
New here...Vrtical told me about you guys after the track event from last month.
I'll be out there too, might have both my SVT's with me. The Mystic will be there for sure:thumbsup:
Stop by and say hi! See you there.
Tim

-------------------------------------



I didn't get your message until today -

were you there?

I saw two Mystic Cobra's, however, one was Jeff Carlson's and the other was Tom Gentry's.

There were three SVT Contours there -

sheesh there were allot of people and allot of cars !!

I noticed your from Elgin -

want to come and cruise with all of us one night?

We could put together our own cruise night -- !!

:bounce: :bounce:

winddy1
07-15-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mystic544
Hello
New here...Vrtical told me about you guys after the track event from last month.
I'll be out there too, might have both my SVT's with me. The Mystic will be there for sure:thumbsup:
Stop by and say hi! See you there.
Tim


===========================



by the way ----

nice car !!!

Mystic544
07-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Thanks! Yours looked great...love that blue!
I was there with just the Mystic, parked next to Doug. I saw the other two Mystic's, but never saw the owners by them? Wanted to say hi and find out what nuber they were.
Very good show...lots of eye candy!!!
I'm always up for a cruise!
Where do you guys meet up and go?
FYI...on Sat nights a bunch of cars meet up at the Beef Villa off of Randall Road in South Elgin. That is about five blocks from me, nice cars and a good number of Stangs show up there too.
:thumbsup:

winddy1
07-15-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Mystic544
Thanks! Yours looked great...love that blue!
I was there with just the Mystic, parked next to Doug. I saw the other two Mystic's, but never saw the owners by them? Wanted to say hi and find out what nuber they were.
Very good show...lots of eye candy!!!
I'm always up for a cruise!
Where do you guys meet up and go?
FYI...on Sat nights a bunch of cars meet up at the Beef Villa off of Randall Road in South Elgin. That is about five blocks from me, nice cars and a good number of Stangs show up there too.
:thumbsup:


=========================


well - we just go wherever ....

South Elgin on a Sat. night sounds great !!

on July 1st - Tim and I headed west on North Avenue - we went down Route 31 (I kind of sort of grew up there at my friends house on their farm) .... then we went to
Silver Glen Road to 47 - then went back to 64 ..... then headed west again..

no traffic !!

Wow !!

I'm gonna see if we can get another forum started called "cruise nights"....

I'll check with you later and let you know what happens...

vrtical
07-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by winddy1
were you there?

Parked right behind you :eek:

vrtical
07-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by winddy1
were you there?

Parked right behind you :eek: Thats 0-2 for meeting you :p

winddy1
07-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by vrtical


Parked right behind you :eek:


=====================



parked right behind me was a 65 Mustang convertible....

:confused:

Mystic544
07-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Yep...we were the next 4 cars after the 65 Vert :)
Chris with his 98 Cobra Vert, Larry with the 95 GT, Doug then Me.
Let me know on the crusing and if you are going to Beef Villa some Sat. night. Feel free to drop me a note mystic544@hotmail.com
On the thought of another forum...how about Chicagoland events and information. Could include info on shows, cruses, track days, get togethers in the Chicago/burbs areas....just an idea;)
Tim

winddy1
07-16-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Mystic544
Yep...we were the next 4 cars after the 65 Vert :)
Chris with his 98 Cobra Vert, Larry with the 95 GT, Doug then Me.
Let me know on the crusing and if you are going to Beef Villa some Sat. night. Feel free to drop me a note mystic544@hotmail.com
On the thought of another forum...how about Chicagoland events and information. Could include info on shows, cruses, track days, get togethers in the Chicago/burbs areas....just an idea;)
Tim

===================



What we can do is start a new thread in the SCMC lounge ....

also, if you have any "dates, times, locations" set up you can post them in the upcoming events section.

We will be out of town for about a week -
thx for your email, we will contact you after we get back and meet up for a cruise !!

:bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: