PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 245/45ZR17 Stock Tires for a Cobra -- NOT G-FORCE

Cross
09-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Guys,

I put a piece of glass through one of my stock 245/45zr17 tires and its pissing me off. I can't find one cause those were discontinued in 2004. Does anyone know where I can get one? I live in Ontario, Canada, so that might help a bit. I'm totally clueless. I've called around, even called BF Goodrich and they can't find one. SOS, my baby is down...:(:( Any ideas would be appreciated. I've already called all major suppliers. Thanks.

Cross
09-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Nevermind, I took my car to a shop after calling 20 places in my town and they fixed it. Turns out it was small enough to fix but other places were trying to gouge me. Anyways, baby's all fixed, so if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get a few speeding tickets! :bounce:

cobrabitn
09-21-2007, 02:35 AM
Have you tried calling the Ford dealership for that type tire?

Cross
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah, and the only thing they would tell me is call a tire shop, they would know. On top of that, they could only tell me the tire was discontinued. Upsetting but hey, life goes on. Which reminds me..I'm looking for headers. Suggestions?

cobrabitn
09-22-2007, 02:21 AM
The problem is Ford usually uses a tire size no one carries and they make you have to use them for replacements.

Can't help you with the headers... :( Maybe someone else will chime in here? :doubt:

Cross
09-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Well the tire problem is fixed for now, so I'm not going to worry about it. When my tires wear out, then I'll look at some other tires that won't get discontinued right after I buy them. As for headers, I'm not really sure what I want, but lets just say I'm looking for something that will kick my cars performance in the ass. And don't worry about pollution control. What's pollution? lol. :rotf:

bolt-on
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Well the tire problem is fixed for now, so I'm not going to worry about it. When my tires wear out, then I'll look at some other tires that won't get discontinued right after I buy them. As for headers, I'm not really sure what I want, but lets just say I'm looking for something that will kick my cars performance in the ass. And don't worry about pollution control. What's pollution? lol. :rotf:

I would suggest mid-length headers. If you use long tube headers they must be removed to replace the clutch. Installation or removal of headers on Cobras is not fun because of the tight clearances. I would also suggest ceramic coating on the headers. I removed the headers on our 1965 fastback last year and had them Jet Hot coated. The reduction in heat in the engine bay was remarkable.