PDA

View Full Version : Official Registration for the SCMC/MGW Fall Drag Day

cobrabitn
09-26-2007, 10:34 PM
The SCMC/MGW Fall Drag Day will be on November 10, 2007. We will have the same format as the Spring Drag day with the bracket races being grouped into 3 groups. The event starts at 10:00 a.m. and concludes at 5:00 p.m. The groups will be as follows:

1. Ladies Open Race (Open to any type vehicle - non-members)
2. Men's/Women's Open Race (Open to any type vehicle - non-member)
3. Terminator King Race (Open to club members only)

Only races number 2 and 3 will be eligible for any cash award. Our goal is to have a $500.00 purse for each category of 2 and 3. Actual purse depends on the number of spectators attending. Fee is $50.00 with a $10.00 discount for early registration for club members and participants who previously attended this event. Registration will begin on September 26, 2007 when the registration forms go up.

Concerning category 2 and 3:

Category 3 is for SVT Cobra Club Members only in which members will be running against each other to see who is left standing. SCMC members who participate in the category 3 race cannot participate in the category 2 race. Club members must be driving a manual transmission SVT Cobra to compete.

Participants in the category 2 race cannot participate in the category 3 race so we do not have the same car in both races taking both purses. This is set up to have a little club rivalry while still keeping the same format and giving both members and their friends an equal chance to win a little spending money.

The format is as follows:

Test and tune - 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

During this time, you can grudge race some of your friends and non-friends.

Afternoon Bracket Competition -

See how good you are on knowing your driving skills and take home the cash to prove it. Once the competition is over, you will go back to test and tune while the awards are being figured out. There will be numerous awards and the ceremony is usually held around 4:00 to 4:30 p.m. Our rental ends at 5:00 p.m., you can stay all night for an extra fee.

We encourage all SVT Cobra owners to join our club and join in on the fun. The SCMC member that wins will be featured on our website and in our quarterly newsletter. (To join SCMC go to www.scmcstore.com (http://www.scmcstore.com/) and sign up on line.) If you pay on line before the cut off date, your fee will show $50.00 but your credit card will show $40.00 or $45.00 depending on if it is your first time running with us. Anyone who registers after November 1, 2007 will pay $50.00 including club members.

You must be a club member in order to run in the "Cobra Club" race. Yes, we know if your membership is current and we hope you don't try to embarrass yourself by running in this race when you shouldn't.

There will be a "Top 25" car show so if some of your friends just want to come out and show their car while watching the competition. The bigger the show turnout we can have at this event, the better the trophies will be to the winners.

Please help spread the word about our track event and car show.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at mrmach@comporium.net, thanks.

Sponsors include:

MGW www.mgwltd.com (http://www.mgwltd.com/)
Pro-Dyno www.pro-dyno.com (http://www.pro-dyno.com/)
Macon-Moore Performance www.badassfast.com (http://www.badassfast.com/)
Boosted Performance www.boostedperformance.net (http://www.boostedperformance.net/)
MV Performance www.mvperformance.com (http://www.mvperformance.com/)
Amazon Racing www.amazonracing.com (http://www.amazonracing.com/)
Palmetto Pony Parts www.palmettoponysales.com (http://www.palmettoponysales.com)

Sponsor Benefits Include:

1. 6 month banner on the forums
2. One sponsor car TBD by your staff (1 free car entry)
3. One driver and two crew people not to pay the spectator fee (anything over three and you'll have to add $5.00 a person.)
4. Logo on trophies which you can now see in this thread
5. Listed as an event sponsor on the website (forums)
6. One free vendor spot for you to set up shop at the site

Official Paid Participant List:

Brent Calliham - 2001 Black Mustang Bullitt +1 guest
Gordon Warren - 1967 Red Camaro SS
Austin Calhoun - 1986 Gray Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe
Tanya Calhoun - 1991 Black Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe
Mike Keziah - 2003 White SVT Cobra Coupe
Bill Johnson - 1993 Red Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe
Robert Wilbanks - 1965 Black Mustang Fastback
Curtis Greer - 1968 Yellow/Black Torino Coupe
Chris Lord - 2004 Redfire SVT Cobra Coupe
John Herring - 2004 DSG Mustang GT Coupe
Kevin McGee - 2003 Black SVT Cobra Coupe :thumbsup:
Spencer Thomas - 2003 Gray SVT Lightning
Joshua Godbee - 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe
Bryan Gable - 2002 Black Firebird Trans Am
Chris Sheltra - 2003 Blue Lightning
Michael Day - 2003 Silver SVT Cobra Coupe
David Moore - 2004 Screaming Yellow SVT Cobra Coupe
Jason Howard - 1993 Vibrant Red SVT Cobra Hatchback
Tim Matherly - 1990 Blue Mustang 5.0 LX
Rob Ranucci - 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe
Stephen Artz - 2007 Tungsten Shelby GT 500 Coupe
Stephen Artz - 2004 Black Saleen SVT Cobra Coupe :eek:

RR03Cobra
10-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Tony,
Is there a way to pay online or will all registrations have to be mailed in? I know several members have Paypal. Thanks!! See ya'll there!

Rocky

cobrabitn
10-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Brent paid on line. It will show $50.00 but your credit card will show the right amount depending on if you paid before the cutoff date and have attended the event before.

Before the cutoff date:

Members and previously attended - $40.00
Never attended before - $45.00

On and After the cutoff date:

Members and non-members - $50.00

Spectators - $5.00

They can pay through the store at www.scmcstore.com

cobrabitn
10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
We are adding "Making More Performance" as a sponsor for this event! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Boosted Performance just came on board with us, too. :thumbsup:

The winner of the Cobra Club bracket race is now guaranteed $500.00 plus a four foot trophy. You must be a SCMC member in good standing to win this money otherwise you are ineligible.

We're working on some more sponsors for the event to get the open bracket race the same first place amount. If everything goes as planned the runner ups for both groups will get $250.00 plus a plaque! This is not guaranteed yet but the Cobra Club winner is guaranteed at least $500.00 for first place. :thumbsup:

Please note the open bracket race is for any make or model so if your friend has a Trans Am, he can run for that $$. :thumbsup:

BadMoFo
10-10-2007, 04:33 AM
sweet, gotta send my money in, that and my membership dues, been slacking. :rolleyes:

cobrabitn
10-10-2007, 07:38 AM
sweet, gotta send my money in, that and my membership dues, been slacking. :thumbsup:

BTW, will you be able to pickup the 4 foot trophies for me again? Also, I'll need your help for this event. :D

BadMoFo
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
:thumbsup:

BTW, will you be able to pickup the 4 foot trophies for me again? Also, I'll need your help for this event. :D

dont know if I will be able to get the trophies or not, I have since moved to greenville. but I will see what I can swing and get back to you asap so you have plenty of time to make a back up plan. still have alot of friends down there so might have to make a trip to see them and get some trophies. let me know when they will be ready. I also still have to get a crown done and the dentist who started the work is in cola town. so I do need to go there. can try to schedual it around the same time if I can.

no problem helping as long as I get some racing in, lol. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Josh,

I didn't know you moved to Greenville...don't sweat it, I'll see if someone local can pick them up. Thanks! :thumbsup:

List Updated!

Linn@Amazon
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Boosted Performance just came on board with us, too. :thumbsup:

The winner of the Cobra Club bracket race is now guaranteed $500.00 plus a four foot trophy. You must be a SCMC member in good standing to win this money otherwise you are ineligible.

We're working on some more sponsors for the event to get the open bracket race the same first place amount. If everything goes as planned the runner ups for both groups will get $250.00 plus a plaque! This is not guaranteed yet but the Cobra Club winner is guaranteed at least $500.00 for first place. :thumbsup:

Please note the open bracket race is for any make or model so if your friend has a Trans Am, he can run for that $$. :thumbsup:
are you contacting the sponsors or do they need to contact you?

cobrabitn
10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
I've got a few more to contact Linn and since I was out of town this past weekend, it put me behind a little. Can I put you down for the same amount as you gave in the Spring?

Let me know, thanks! :D

whitestang04GT
10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Mike at Unique Tuning, can you shoot me an email at mike@uniquetuning.net so i can discuss sponsorship. Thanks! AKA CMIKEGO

cobrabitn
10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
If you post your phone number, I'll give ya a call or you can e-mail it to me at mrmach@comporium.net or you can ring me at your convenience at 803.371.0725. :thumbsup:

stylin99
10-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Looking forward to this one once again. Thanks for putting this event on Tony.

cobrabitn
10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
We now have Amazon Racing and MV Performance as sponsors for the event. We're now guaranteeing $500.00 to the open bracket race winner. :thumbsup:

No problem Steve! Please help spread the word for me, thanks. ;)

cobrabitn
10-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Mike, I went to your website and got the number. Cool site! :thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
10-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Looks like I will be attending this event. Got a few questions though. Is the price the same if you show or run? If I decide to run just to see what the car will do can I do that and show too?

cobrabitn
10-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Drag Day fee is $40.00...the car show is separate and cost $20.00. The best thing to do is show all day and after the awards are given out, go and get a test run before our rental is up. :thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
10-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Drag Day fee is $40.00...the car show is separate and cost $20.00. The best thing to do is show all day and after the awards are given out, go and get a test run before our rental is up. :thumbsup:Will this cost me $60 to do a test run and show or just $20 to show and the test run nothing as long as it is after the competion is over. I guess what I am trying to ask is is a test run the same price as entering the car to compete during drag day? I don't want to compete because I have never run a stick car down the strip before and think I will need some practice before hand. All I want to do is race Kevin!!!!!!! LOL:D

cobrabitn
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
$20.00 for the show and I think we can get you and Kevin hooked up after the test and tune is over. The second half of your sentence but I think if you start seeing everyone else running all day, you'll want to run, too. :D

That's why it is a "test and tune", so you can get practice for the bracket racing. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Top 25 Awards will be in the shape of SC! :thumbsup:

List Updated! :D

kevinflick03
10-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Will this cost me $60 to do a test run and show or just $20 to show and the test run nothing as long as it is after the competion is over. I guess what I am trying to ask is is a test run the same price as entering the car to compete during drag day? I don't want to compete because I have never run a stick car down the strip before and think I will need some practice before hand. All I want to do is race Kevin!!!!!!! LOL:D

Bring it.... :rolleyes: Just be sure and have my money ready when i win..... :D We went to Mooresville Sat. for test and tune....we will be going again this Sat if you're interested..... :baby: lol

red04svtcobra
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Well I would take you upon that offer but Sat I will be doing some detail work to another members car on here. Also need to finish up on mine. If I get it done in time I will call you. What did you run in the 1/8th?

cobrabitn
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
List Updated! :thumbsup:

mkkrs1
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Bring it.... :rolleyes: Just be sure and have my money ready when i win..... :D We went to Mooresville Sat. for test and tune....we will be going again this Sat if you're interested..... :baby: lol

hate to rain on both of yours parade but you've got to get past champ first :D

nice meeting you saturday night also.

kevinflick03
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Well I would take you upon that offer but Sat I will be doing some detail work to another members car on here. Also need to finish up on mine. If I get it done in time I will call you. What did you run in the 1/8th?

Chris at boosted ran 7.601 @ 96mph.....I ran a 7.8 @ 94mph....all runs were made in my car.

autoxstangs
10-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey Tony I just made my payment. I look foward to seeing everyone there.

scrmngdave
10-23-2007, 09:15 PM
We are adding "Making More Performance" as a sponsor for this event! :thumbsup:
Tony,

It's Macon-Moore Performance. It's been crazy in the shop lately, but I'll get our banner images, and everything else out to you this week. Let me know if you need anything from us and we'll see you at the track!!:bounce:

Dave

cobrabitn
10-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry about that Dave...can you give me your business URL, thanks?

List Updated!

cobrabitn
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks to Palmetto Pony Parts for sponsoring the event. :thumbsup:

www.palmettoponysales.com

cobrabitn
10-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Dave I found your URL ... :rotf:

List updated! :thumbsup:

GodStang
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Who is the guy I have to give directions to? Last year I was sitting next to the lead truck at the traffic light next to Mc Donalds and I beat them there by 15 mins.

cobrabitn
10-30-2007, 10:18 PM
That would be me who was at the McDonald's when you were there. We followed one of our member's there which cut off 30 minutes from our old route. 15 minutes more sounds even better but since I won't be there, it would be good if you could meet up with Lisa and Clarence and show them the shortcut, thanks.

List Updated!

Cobra4me
10-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Tony car show only. can I register day of. And like chris and kevin would like to take a trip down the quarter
Robbie

red04svtcobra
10-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Tony car show only. can I register day of. And like chris and kevin would like to take a trip down the quarter
RobbieI was going to ask the same thing if we can register for the car show there. Robbie where do you think would be a good place to meet up at. Would you be coming down I-77, if so I can meet you at exit 36 here and then stop by exit 30 and get Kevin. And if anyone else along the line wants to cruise down with the group please do, the more the meerier!!!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
The best thing to do is meet up with Lisa and Clarence and you all ride down there together as a group since you may not have ever been to the track before??? :doubt:

You can register the day of the event for the car show and if time allows, make a pass down the track after the awards are given out.

List Updated! Last chance to beat "early bird" registration before it goes to the full event price. Go to www.scmcstore.com to sign up on line.

Cobra4me
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
when does registration begin and end?? for car show

97whitevert
11-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Chris, We will be leaving here 5:30- 6:45am. We can meet you guys down that way, better to just make a quick on off once though, and then meet others in Rock Hill, exit 82, McD's. at about 7:00. Decent place to stop and get cheap gas before heading further. Leave there about 7:10.

Lisa:thumbsup:

Cobra4me
11-01-2007, 08:05 PM
I was going to ask the same thing if we can register for the car show there. Robbie where do you think would be a good place to meet up at. Would you be coming down I-77, if so I can meet you at exit 36 here and then stop by exit 30 and get Kevin. And if anyone else along the line wants to cruise down with the group please do, the more the meerier!!!:thumbsup:Lisa and Chris I will meet with you at 600 to 630 at exit 36. OK??

Cobra4me
11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Chris, We will be leaving here 5:30- 6:45am. We can meet you guys down that way, better to just make a quick on off once though, and then meet others in Rock Hill, exit 82, McD's. at about 7:00. Decent place to stop and get cheap gas before heading further. Leave there about 7:10.

Lisa:thumbsup:Lisa see post above ^^^

cobrabitn
11-01-2007, 11:54 PM
The event starts at 10:00 a.m. and concludes at 5:00 p.m. Please do not show up an hour early and try to get in as you will add to the confusion of getting things started.

Try to get there in between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m. so Lisa and Clarence will have time to set up and can get you processed as early and swiftly as possible.

Both car show and drag strip awards are given out around 4:15 to 4:30 p.m. and our rental is over at 5:00 p.m. It's a tough event to put on with just 5 people doing the legwork. Please be helpful and understanding as well as patient with the organizers, thanks. :thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
11-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Lisa:thumbsup:\
Sounds great Lisa, so did you want to meet here at exit 36 at 6:00am? If so then how does that sound Robbie? Then we can make a quick stop on the on ramp at exit 30 to get Kevin. Then we can go to exit 82 and be there by 7am to get the others. Is this what you had planned, Lisa?
Hey Mike, are you going??

red04svtcobra
11-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Lisa and Chris I will meet with you at 600 to 630 at exit 36. OK??Sounds good to me.

BadMoFo
11-02-2007, 05:53 AM
The event starts at 10:00 a.m. and concludes at 5:00 p.m. Please do not show up an hour early and try to get in as you will add to the confusion of getting things started.

Try to get there in between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m. so Lisa and Clarence will have time to set up and can get you processed as early and swiftly as possible.

Both car show and drag strip awards are given out around 4:15 to 4:30 p.m. and our rental is over at 5:00 p.m. It's a tough event to put on with just 5 people doing the legwork. Please be helpful and understanding as well as patient with the organizers, thanks. :thumbsup:

come on thats half the fun setting in line for an hour at the gate with a long line of cobras lol. never did see a cut off date. if I missed it I will just pay at the gate.

Cobra4me
11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
\
Sounds great Lisa, so did you want to meet here at exit 36 at 6:00am? If so then how does that sound Robbie? Then we can make a quick stop on the on ramp at exit 30 to get Kevin. Then we can go to exit 82 and be there by 7am to get the others. Is this what you had planned, Lisa?
Hey Mike, are you going??Ok I will be there at 6am Ok Lisa? And why cant Kevin meet us there??

red04svtcobra
11-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, then Kevin would have to come North and then back South again. Why don't I just be at exit 30 with Kevin at 6am and you all can pick us up there instead of having to make 2 stops.

mkkrs1
11-02-2007, 07:46 PM
is there going to be a group meeting at the rockhill Mc D's.

red04svtcobra
11-02-2007, 10:20 PM
is there going to be a group meeting at the rockhill Mc D's.
I believe so.

cobrabitn
11-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Read back one page where Lisa says they are stopping in Rock Hill on Cherry Road.

Cobra4me
11-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Well, then Kevin would have to come North and then back South again. Why don't I just be at exit 30 with Kevin at 6am and you all can pick us up there instead of having to make 2 stops.I will meet you at exit 30 no problem

97whitevert
11-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I will give one of you guys a call when we get to exit 36,(prob. a little after 6, realistically) so you guys can get ready to roll on down the ramp- because where would you guys meet at 30? Ya know Davidson PD/ NCHP doesn't like people on that ramp..:eek:

I have kevin's #, not chris's though, nor Robbie's. So I guess I'll call him.

My cell: 704 450 2582

97whitevert
11-03-2007, 10:17 AM
is there going to be a group meeting at the rockhill Mc D's.Yup!:thumbsup: That gives us a good place to stop and fill up gas tank. (and empty coffee!!):rotf: and get more coffee!!

Bring 2-way radios!!

Magoo
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Just one more week!! I just noticed that I'm taking a Black Mustang GT and not my Cobra to the drag day.....weir...:D

red04svtcobra
11-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I will give one of you guys a call when we get to exit 36,(prob. a little after 6, realistically) so you guys can get ready to roll on down the ramp- because where would you guys meet at 30? Ya know Davidson PD/ NCHP doesn't like people on that ramp..:eek:

I have kevin's #, not chris's though, nor Robbie's. So I guess I'll call him.

My cell: 704 450 2582Sounds good Lisa. My # is 980-722-5045. Yeah I found out the hard way they don't like people hanging out on that ramp. I was the one morning waiting on Kevin and was shown the blue lights and wasn't even moving!!!! :eek: LOL

97whitevert
11-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Sounds good Lisa. My # is 980-722-5045. Yeah I found out the hard way they don't like people hanging out on that ramp. I was the one morning waiting on Kevin and was shown the blue lights and wasn't even moving!!!! :eek: LOLYeah, I thought I remembered you were 'caught' there:eek:

Robbie, If you come throught Statesville, we can hook up with you here somewhere.

John P- Are you coming?? haven't heard from ya, but - who's gonna save my asp from getting a ticket?:eek::eek:

GodStang
11-03-2007, 07:11 PM
So yall meeting up with anyone in Aiken to cruise the rest of the way??? Lisa if you need to shave 15mins off yalls trips let me know I can give yall great directions once yall get to Aiken.

Cobra4me
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I thought I remembered you were 'caught' there:eek:

Robbie, If you come throught Statesville, we can hook up with you here somewhere.

John P- Are you coming?? haven't heard from ya, but - who's gonna save my asp from getting a ticket?:eek::eek:let ame know when and where Lisa I now that everybody has given out cell numbers mine is 828-320-4253
Robbie

kevinflick03
11-03-2007, 09:21 PM
i thought we were getting rooms?it doesn't matter to me.we can meet at exit 30 if it's good for everyone else.what time are going to meet?

red04svtcobra
11-03-2007, 10:21 PM
kevin I will be at your exit around 6 and then lisa can call you when they get near by and we can meet them on i77.

kevinflick03
11-04-2007, 02:40 PM
kevin I will be at your exit around 6 and then lisa can call you when they get near by and we can meet them on i77.
ok.i'll be there :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
11-04-2007, 07:45 PM
These are what they awards will look like....the picture doesn't do the plaque justice.

Gordon
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Howdy, Tony!

Just curious...my buddy Robert Wilbanks burns C16 and we're curious if it will be available at the track or if he needs to buy enough of it locally to make it through the day.

-gw

Magoo
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Kevin McGee - 2003 Black SVT Cobra Coupe :thumbsup:

Hahahaha!!! I didn't think you were going to change it!!!! :D

97whitevert
11-05-2007, 05:24 PM
i thought we were getting rooms?it doesn't matter to me.we can meet at exit 30 if it's good for everyone else.what time are going to meet?Rooms?? I guess if you want to get a room somewhere, you can. Have fun.:rotf::rotf:The rest of us will be at the track!:D

red04svtcobra
11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Rooms?? I guess if you want to get a room somewhere, you can. Have fun.:rotf::rotf:The rest of us will be at the track!:DHAHA, Yeah Lisa I told him that me, zRobbie and a few others were trying to decide if we were going to leave Fri night and get a room or just leave Sat morning. That was of course before we knew you all had plans to meet up already and leave Sat morn.

cobrabitn
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Kevin, I like to make sure every thing is accurate as much as possible so yep, I changed it.

Gordon, you'd have to call the track on that one because I just don't know the answer but I would be willing to bet if they did have it at the track, it would most likely be higher then if he bought it outside the track.

List Updated! :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Tony is the image of the plaques already done? cause there is a typo.. Dray Day

puzzle13
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Tony is the image of the plaques already done? cause there is a typo.. Dray DayYou know those guys at Data Plates Plus ... they haven't learned to spell yet!

cobrabitn
11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up Linn..I'll have to see what I can do about it. :(

whitestang04GT
11-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up Linn..I'll have to see what I can do about it. :(The last plaques from the spring event said dray day also...Looks like it should be a nice cool day, hopefully we will see some really good runs..see ya guys there..

cobrabitn
11-06-2007, 11:37 PM
I just checked the plaque from the Spring event and it showed "drag day"?? Which plaque are you referring about?

red04svtcobra
11-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I just checked the plaque from the Spring event and it showed "drag day"?? Which plaque are you referring about?The one above in the picture for this event, it says DRAY DAY.:eek:

cobrabitn
11-07-2007, 06:53 AM
No, he was referring about the Spring plaques....again, I just checked them and they have "Drag Day" on them so I thought maybe he was talking about a different one? Either way, we'll get them changed to show the correct spelling! :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
11-07-2007, 10:54 AM
we are really looking forward to this event..as always...

chrisheltra
11-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Sorry if this has been covered alread but I prepaid to race at this event and my name is on the prepayed list that you made. Am I going to recieve something in the mail to present to the person working the gate or am I just going to tell them my name and they will let me in?

Thanks in advance

Chris

mkkrs1
11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
No, he was referring about the Spring plaques....again, I just checked them and they have "Drag Day" on them so I thought maybe he was talking about a different one? Either way, we'll get them changed to show the correct spelling! :thumbsup:
My terminator king trophy from the spring event has Dray Day on it.

cobrabitn
11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
That would be the trophy maker that makes those four foot trophies as they come from a different place. Maybe we should start calling it "Dray Day" instead of Drag Day, hmm? Anyway, we got the SC plaques fixed but I'll call the trophy shop in Lexington and make sure they have the correct wording on the plate. If you want me to get them to send you another plate with the correct wording on it for your Spring award let me know and I'll ask Ted to send you a corrected plate.

Thanks! :D

cobrabitn
11-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Chris,

Lisa will have your form and a list of prepaid people so all you have to do is tell her your name and that you are prepaid. She'll verify it with her list and let you on in the facility.

chrisheltra
11-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Chris,

Lisa will have your form and a list of prepaid people so all you have to do is tell her your name and that you are prepaid. She'll verify it with her list and let you on in the facility.

Thank you:thumbsup:

mkkrs1
11-09-2007, 09:29 PM
see ya'll in rockhill in the morning

whitestang04GT
11-09-2007, 11:18 PM
I just checked the plaque from the Spring event and it showed "drag day"?? Which plaque are you referring about?It was on the trophy for winning the open bracket race...We still get a kick out of it...See ya guys tomorrow..

red04svtcobra
11-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Up and ready to go, see you all there.

BadMoFo
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
wow that was a blast! couldt get my launches down though. had to be a record turn out cause never seen so many cars there in the past 3 years I have been going. so what was the final payout to the winners and runner ups?

97whitevert
11-11-2007, 08:11 AM
GREAT turn out! 89 cars paid to run and I believe 10 to show! The winners in the Open and the Terminator classes each recieved $500!! and the runner up in the open class (got) ONE dollar!:rotf:( I believe he found it on the ground)

Thanks to all the sponsers that certainly help to make it all happen!:bounce:

And Thanks to everyone that helped out and made the day run very smoothly - Binky and Bill Dangerfield
- Kevin Flick and Jessica
- Chris Hull
- Robbie Kiser

Thanks guys! Could you BELIEVE how long the line was?!?!

AND Thanks to everyone that came out- hope to see everyone in the spring!:thumbsup:

BadMoFo
11-11-2007, 08:26 AM
dang I was hoping someone goofed and forgot to give the runners up the 250, lol. :rolleyes:

have a suggestion for the long line though since it seems to happen evertime.

1st option would be since there are 2 lines coming in have one line for those who prepaid to attend and for specatators since they dont have to fill out as much paperwork and the other lane for those who still need to sign in.

or if you want to run 2 lines mixed instead of waiting for the cars to get to the front have a couple of people walking down the line asking if you are racing, showing ect and passing out the paper work and a pen to have the drivers fill them out so when they get to the front of the line they have the paperwork filled out.

you could also do this in the 1st senerio to. just buy a couple of boxes of cheap pens and let them fly. would cut down on the wait time drasticly instead of waiting for them to get to the front of the line and handling each person one on one. :thumbsup:

also was it just me or did they cut down out t&t time? I could have swore the spring event brackets didnt start until 4 ish where this time it started at 2ish. only got to make a couple of passes before they started brackets.

Gordon
11-11-2007, 08:59 AM
I would like to thank Lisa and all the volunteers and sponsors for a great day.

Yesterday was the first day my dad and I have had alone together in about 2 years. My mother is in the final stages of Alzheimer's and requires constant care. That has been his life of late and so it was great that we were able to come out and have fun.

Thanks again, it was an important day for us.

-gw

GodStang
11-11-2007, 09:13 AM

Yesterday was the first day my dad and I have had alone together in about 2 years. My mother is in the final stages of Alzheimer's and requires constant care. That has been his life of late and so it was great that we were able to come out and have fun.

-gw
Was alot of fun. Hopefully the Spring one I will not break the DSS LVL 5s on the very first launch.

BadMoFo
11-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Was alot of fun. Hopefully the Spring one I will not break the DSS LVL 5s on the very first launch.

should have pushed her over into the show after that. glad I didnt need your half shafts buddy. :D hope you get it sorted out.

red04svtcobra
11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
dang I was hoping someone goofed and forgot to give the runners up the 250, lol. :rolleyes:

1st option would be since there are 2 lines coming in have one line for those who prepaid to attend and for specatators since they dont have to fill out as much paperwork and the other lane for those who still need to sign in.

or if you want to run 2 lines mixed instead of waiting for the cars to get to the front have a couple of people walking down the line asking if you are racing, showing ect and passing out the paper work and a pen to have the drivers fill them out so when they get to the front of the line they have the paperwork filled out.

you could also do this in the 1st senerio to. just buy a couple of boxes of cheap pens and let them fly. would cut down on the wait time drasticly instead of waiting for them to get to the front of the line and handling each person one on one. :thumbsup:

also was it just me or did they cut down out t&t time? I could have swore the spring event brackets didnt start until 4 ish where this time it started at 2ish. only got to make a couple of passes before they started brackets.That would have been the best thing to do and would have been alot less confusion, but we were asked not to get ahead of ourselves. Maybe next year it will run alittle smoother although we did start to get a hang of it towards the end.:thumbsup:

ponie1992
11-11-2007, 10:38 AM

also was it just me or did they cut down out t&t time? I could have swore the spring event brackets didnt start until 4 ish where this time it started at 2ish. only got to make a couple of passes before they started brackets.

Good suggestions. I would also like to suggest opening the gates at 8:00 AM. Something does need to be done about the line getting in. It is too slow of a process. I know everyone was working hard, but there could be some improvements. I like the idea of having someone walk down the line of cars to get the paperwork filled out. That would speed things up greatly. I don't want anyone to think I am just bashing anybody, but I would like this event to be more pleasureable for everyone. I enjoy going to this event and I've gone for 2 spring events and 1 fall event. Thanks for putting on the event and see ya'll soon.

97whitevert
11-11-2007, 11:07 AM

-gwHey! Congrats Gordon!! You were awesome out there:bounce::bounce: You and Richard were a blast to watch out there running. consisitency is the key, no doubt!

I am glad you and your dad had a fun time together. You and your family are in my prayers.:)

97whitevert
11-11-2007, 11:15 AM

also was it just me or did they cut down out t&t time? I could have swore the spring event brackets didnt start until 4 ish where this time it started at 2ish. only got to make a couple of passes before they started brackets.Thanks for the ideas- we can always use the thoughts. We would need more volunteers for sure to implement these:thumbsup:

T&T was until 2:30, at whch time the brackets were scheduled to begin. I think this is about the LATEST we have started brackets! I was thinking that it usually started 1:30-2:00.

The T&T may have gotten started later because the persont htat works the computer in the tower, couldn't get past the line fast enough; it was blocked for awhile! I had to get people to move so we could get in!! And we got there 9:45!! Who knew?!?! :eek:

I am sorry you only got a couple of T&T runs in; with so many cars, you get less runs in. Should we put a cap on number of entries?:doubt:

97whitevert
11-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Yesterday was the first for most of the registration workers! I think they did a great job! I know it was difficult, and frustrating, for those waiting in line. I do appreciate everyone's patience!

We are more than open to suggestions, and VOLUNTEERS to help!!

As to an 8am opening, i dunno. We live 4 hours from the track, and get up at 5 as it is to get there! And working on Friday makes it difficult to for me to leave after then. (Read 5-6 hours driving on a Friday evening drive! :eek: :eek: )

red04svtcobra
11-11-2007, 11:36 AM
I am sorry you only got a couple of T&T runs in; with so many cars, you get less runs in. Should we put a cap on number of entries?:doubt:I don't think limiting the # of entries would be beneficial. Why not open the gates up sooner, say like 8:00 as one other suggested and that way it is not a rush to try and get everyone in and get some TNT runs in. Also, my suggestion would be to form 2 lines as someone else stated (1 for spect and the other line for showers and racers) and have 1 person at the gate entrance seperating the lines or a cone stating which line is which. That way you can have 3 people, 1 for the spect line and 2 for the racers and showers, walking down the lines getting all the paperwork filled out and having them sign the waivers. That way when they get to the main entrance where we were at all the would have to do is give you the paperwork and they can be assigned a # and then pay the dues!!! Thats just my suggestion.

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I have no idea how the line process was done but that is the slowest I have ever seen a line move.

I think you should mail all the prepaid a ticket of sort and have them get there @ 9am to enter. Then everyone else pays at the gate @ 10am and let the track attendants do what they do best. I am sure they can handle it since they have quite a bit more experience.

Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion would be to make everyone get in line as a fair practice without letting certain members go to the front of the line after others have been waiting. I see where you listed 5-6 people that helped with the event but more than 15-20 cars zipped up to the front and inside the gate while 15-20 remained in line that were there long before.

It was obvious that they were not part of the helping crew since most of them were all setting up their pit's as you could see them while still sitting in the line. This made several people upset and I told them to tell Tony so if they do you will know. Sorry to send them in your direction but I wasn't sure of who all was there representing the SCMC.

I myself have no complaints, had an awesome time as always and will continue to return. However several spoke their feelings while in the line and in the pit's and none of them seemed to like the way the line strategy went.

I know you can't see facial expressions on here but I assure you that we did have a good time and will continue to return as we have in the past 2-3 years.

See you in the Spring!

Your friend,

Chris

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
PRE REGISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I organized events for the club for several years and "pre registering" helps a ton. Lisa, sounds like you have some new voluteers for next year. :thumbsup: I would hope Tony could send a mass e-mail out about the event to get people to pre register. I know he has the club computer.

We were pre-registered about 10th in line at the track and we still didn't get in the gate until after 10:30 but we saw about 20-25 cars that did. :)

I don't think pre-registering is gonna help at all. When you pre-register they have to look your name up, still have you sign the waiver and still number the cars. Paying cash or a check will be just as fast or faster than having to look for the pre-registered names.

I think having 2 lines like suggested before and getting there a little earlier just may be the trick we need.

Not trying to be a dick so please do not take it in that form. Just a few suggestions and pointing out the obvious so don't get upset.

I am not complaining at all and don't take me the wrong way but pre-registering ain't gonna speed anything up IMO.

P.S. The dyno was awesome but I was expecting to see a lot more people on it. In the spring I am bringing 2 cars that I will have on it. Do they offer any tuning during the dyno session by any chance or offer any upgradable parts while at the track?

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 03:44 PM

-gw

Glad to hear you had a good time and sorry to hear about your mothers conditions. If you don't mind I will add you to our prayers.

mkkrs1
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
the way I can think to speed it up is. give tickets to those preregistered. then give the cars tech cards to fill out later and get their number . this is how its done at rockinham. they only have two people working the gate. you pay,get card, then unload drive over to the gas pumps hand the card in and get a number. a very smooth process.

johnbasf
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
pre register
2 lines
get a ticket when registered

***** more volunteers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RF Cobra
11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
So, what events can we put you down for to help with in 2008?

***** more volunteers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RF Cobra
11-11-2007, 06:22 PM
One thing everyone needs to remember is that the officers and volunteers are donating their time to organize and run theses events. Considering that most of the events in our area are organized and run by the same small group of people, it takes a lot of time and personal money to prepare and put on these events. Opening earlier would be great assuming someone is willing and able to commit to being at the gates early enough to be setup and ready to start. Expecting Lisa to be the one to do it is not fair to Lisa and Clarence due to the distance and her having to work, especially since they help out on multiple events each year. Now, if the participants want to pay higher fees so that overnight lodging can be provided to the volunteers to drive down Friday night (assuming they can) so they can spend the night near the track without having to pay with their own money, that might work.

Or, more people could volunteer to help with the event.

Also need to remember that this weeked was also the SCMC nationals and many of the core group of members that are normally around and helping out here were down in Texas this weekend.

97whitevert
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
So, what events can we put you down for to help with in 2008?John has organizied more that his fair share of events; never mind helping at others! This is the ONLY he has not been to here to my knowledge (BTW, no public safety officers for me this time... LOL , whew!)

And Allan, you are absolutely right about your next post!!

I will re-inforce what John said, and what I didn't explicitly say

MORE VOLUNTEERS!!!

We do appreciate constructive criticism; we would like to see more club members volunteer as well.

20 of 89 were pre-registered.

The ONLY people that passed (to my knowledge) were the 4 of us that came in to work, and track personnel. If others did, they DID NOT PAY!! and I would like to know who they were. And if they did not pay, they did not run, but they should have paid as spectators, that is only right. I guess it will be on their conscience.

97whitevert
11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
My thought- Pre-registered can come around, park, and get through without having to wait in the line. They would need to get out of the car to come and sign, but they would get more T&T time! Perhaps, We could dedicate one person to handle that, and they may not even need to get out of their car!:thumbsup:

too many people wait till the last minute to see if the weather is going to be before they come, and just come the day of. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

kevinflick03
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
bottom line is we all had fun.....we're here to have fun....so have fun.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
The ONLY people that passed (to my knowledge) were the 4 of us that came in to work, and track personnel. If others did, they DID NOT PAY!! and I would like to know who they were. And if they did not pay, they did not run, but they should have paid as spectators, that is only right. I guess it will be on their conscience.[/QUOTE]

Hm I am not one to point out things but I saw the 2 motorcycles ride around everyone and straight into the pits. Not sure if they paid or not. I didn't count all the cars and trucks that passed us to form the other line but I assure you that it was way more than 4 cars and at least 10 cars in the car show area before we ever moved in line.

Like I said before I really don't care. We had fun and will be back every time we can. We haven't missed a Carolina SCMC event in several years and don't plan on starting now.

The Holiday Inn is where we stay at the night before just for convenience sake and they have really good rates. That way anyone that doesn't care to drive early in the am have an option and most of you guy's own a SVT so I know the $50 ain't gonna break ya.

Oh and another suggestion that may help keep the dust off the pretty cars... Don't have it in the middle of the pits where everyone has to drive by, go through or around to get to the staging lanes. Just a suggestion but we have been to tons of events @ Carolina and SCMC is the only one that I have seen put the show cars in the middle of the pit area. Me personally I don't care if you park them in the staging lanes but I did see a few people make faces when the 4 wheelers, bicycles and dyno cars go around the show cars.

I honestly think the pits should be for the pits and the show cars should be in a special area that is clear from any obstruction in the grass area just below the asphalt pit area or straight back from the play ground in the grass where they will still get plenty of recognition. Also If you don't have some flagging tape I will gladly donate some s you can somewhat rope that area off except for foot traffic.

JMO and again I am not by any means trying to start a flame war but help in future planning. If I myself had enough time to get our junk going I would gladly volunteer my time to help out.

Oh and for the pre-registration deal... I think everyone should pre-register so SCMC has an idea of what is coming. Maybe part of the gate issue was because they got caught by a lot of unexpected traffic since only 20 pre-registered. I also have ti agree on having a line for the pre-registered members so they get in quicker and others will see this and follow the example.

Whew hope this helps and I will see everyone in the spring for sure. We love the events regardless of how it works out and we will never complain. Hope you don't think that's what I am doing here. :)

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
bottom line is we all had fun.....we're here to have fun....so have fun.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree 100% and I am by no means complaining. :thumbsup:

Who ever took those pictures posted did an awesome job!

red04svtcobra
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I have no idea how the line process was done but that is the slowest I have ever seen a line move.

I think you should mail all the prepaid a ticket of sort and have them get there @ 9am to enter. Then everyone else pays at the gate @ 10am and let the track attendants do what they do best. I am sure they can handle it since they have quite a bit more experience.

Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion would be to make everyone get in line as a fair practice without letting certain members go to the front of the line after others have been waiting. I see where you listed 5-6 people that helped with the event but more than 15-20 cars zipped up to the front and inside the gate while 15-20 remained in line that were there long before.

It was obvious that they were not part of the helping crew since most of them were all setting up their pit's as you could see them while still sitting in the line. This made several people upset and I told them to tell Tony so if they do you will know. Sorry to send them in your direction but I wasn't sure of who all was there representing the SCMC.

I myself have no complaints, had an awesome time as always and will continue to return. However several spoke their feelings while in the line and in the pit's and none of them seemed to like the way the line strategy went.

I know you can't see facial expressions on here but I assure you that we did have a good time and will continue to return as we have in the past 2-3 years.

See you in the Spring!

Your friend,

ChrisI can tell you that there were not 15-20 cars that drove through as you stated, there were only 5. A red cobra, sonic blue cobra, comp. orange cobra, DSG convert cobra, and a red ford ranger. I know because I was there at the gate!! If anyone else did get through as you stated I believe we would have saw them and stopped them. Maybe the people you saw were the people that worked at the track and maybe had cars there??? I am also not trying to piss anyone off but we did the best we could under the circumstances we had and believe we did a fine job, could be better, but we all had fun right????
Chris

red04svtcobra
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
The ONLY people that passed (to my knowledge) were the 4 of us that came in to work, and track personnel. If others did, they DID NOT PAY!! and I would like to know who they were. And if they did not pay, they did not run, but they should have paid as spectators, that is only right. I guess it will be on their conscience.
Hm I am not one to point out things but I saw the 2 motorcycles ride around everyone and straight into the pits. Not sure if they paid or not. I didn't count all the cars and trucks that passed us to form the other line but I assure you that it was way more than 4 cars and at least 10 cars in the car show area before we ever moved in line.

Like I said before I really don't care. We had fun and will be back every time we can. We haven't missed a Carolina SCMC event in several years and don't plan on starting now.

The Holiday Inn is where we stay at the night before just for convenience sake and they have really good rates. That way anyone that doesn't care to drive early in the am have an option and most of you guy's own a SVT so I know the $50 ain't gonna break ya.

Oh and another suggestion that may help keep the dust off the pretty cars... Don't have it in the middle of the pits where everyone has to drive by, go through or around to get to the staging lanes. Just a suggestion but we have been to tons of events @ Carolina and SCMC is the only one that I have seen put the show cars in the middle of the pit area. Me personally I don't care if you park them in the staging lanes but I did see a few people make faces when the 4 wheelers, bicycles and dyno cars go around the show cars.

I honestly think the pits should be for the pits and the show cars should be in a special area that is clear from any obstruction in the grass area just below the asphalt pit area or straight back from the play ground in the grass where they will still get plenty of recognition. Also If you don't have some flagging tape I will gladly donate some s you can somewhat rope that area off except for foot traffic.

JMO and again I am not by any means trying to start a flame war but help in future planning. If I myself had enough time to get our junk going I would gladly volunteer my time to help out.

Oh and for the pre-registration deal... I think everyone should pre-register so SCMC has an idea of what is coming. Maybe part of the gate issue was because they got caught by a lot of unexpected traffic since only 20 pre-registered. I also have ti agree on having a line for the pre-registered members so they get in quicker and others will see this and follow the example.

Whew hope this helps and I will see everyone in the spring for sure. We love the events regardless of how it works out and we will never complain. Hope you don't think that's what I am doing here. :)Those 2 motorcycles did stop at the gate and pay. As far as forming 2 lines, we did that to speed things up!!
Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the pics I took them.

kevinflick03
11-11-2007, 09:22 PM
I can tell you that there were not 15-20 cars that drove through as you stated, there were only 5. A red cobra, sonic blue cobra, comp. orange cobra, DSG convert cobra, and a red ford ranger. I know because I was there at the gate!! If anyone else did get through as you stated I believe we would have saw them and stopped them. Maybe the people you saw were the people that worked at the track and maybe had cars there??? I am also not trying to piss anyone off but we did the best we could under the circumstances we had and believe we did a fine job, could be better, but we all had fun right????
Chris
One correction Chris,we did a great job.Everyone paid to play. No one got in free!

97whitevert
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM
One correction Chris,we did a great job.Everyone paid to play. No one got in free!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Those 2 motorcycles did stop at the gate and pay. As far as forming 2 lines, we did that to speed things up!!
Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the pics I took them.

I believe ya! I am not the one that suggested anyone went through without paying. I was only pointing out the 2 that I noticed drive by a line of 30+ cars (that had been sitting there waiting patiently) and get in the gate ahead of everyone else. I did not notice how many people went by and really don't care to be honest just defending what I know I saw and informing you guy's of what a few others had to say.

Did we have fun? Well hell yeah we did as always and once again I am not complaining by any means. It was mentioned to us in the pit's and I was only passing on the info.

We love the events and have been for many years and will continue to do so.

I think you guy's got surprised by many unexpected guest (which is a good thing) and they caught ya with your guard down.

Hopefully I haven't pissed anyone off with my suggestions so here is another.

Ask for volunteers in shifts and see if that helps. I know a lot of people wouldn't care to come to the track and not get to see any racing and be stuck at the gate all day. How about trying a few from 9:30 til maybe lunch time and then have a few more from lunch til the end? When we do this for our feed the hungry program and blanket drives we get way more than we need and some of the early ones stay on til early afternoon just to hang out and help a little more. Yes I know we aren't trying to feed hungry people but it has worked for us on several different occasions and may make it easier to find volunteers for the next event.

P.S. Hey Mr. Photographer did ya get any of that slow 93 black hatch with blue flames?

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
I can tell you that there were not 15-20 cars that drove through as you stated, there were only 5. A red cobra, sonic blue cobra, comp. orange cobra, DSG convert cobra, and a red ford ranger. I know because I was there at the gate!! If anyone else did get through as you stated I believe we would have saw them and stopped them. Maybe the people you saw were the people that worked at the track and maybe had cars there??? I am also not trying to piss anyone off but we did the best we could under the circumstances we had and believe we did a fine job, could be better, but we all had fun right????
Chris

You may have seen them and they may have paid but they still went around the entire line to get in.

There were a few before that crowd along with 2 trucks. I wasn't counting but only noticing the 15-20 in the car show area way before the line started moving and that was after it was mentioned to us. I do remember seeing some Cobra's come through so that must be the group you were with? I wasn't counting and really didn't pay much attention myself.

Like I said already several times... I really don't care. We were in way before the TNT started but just passing on some ideas and things that were said.

I don't think it could have been done any better with the crowd vs man power. I think you guy's did a great job and it wasn't your fault that people went around even if they did pay. I know you can't see what is going on before you get there or when your way up at the gate but people did go around the line that were not working there including the motorcycles and my suggestion was to find a way to stop them from doing it. A few people weren't happy after sitting there and watching others ride on by. It had nothing to do with the way you ran the event or if they paid or not. Not sure where that all started at but no where near the point I was trying to make.

P.S. We always have!

P.S.S. If you have a few that want to drive up Friday night so they can get there earlier I will gladly front an additional room to our bill. :thumbsup:

red04svtcobra
11-11-2007, 10:17 PM
You may have seen them and they may have paid but they still went around the entire line to get in.

There were a few before that crowd along with 2 trucks. I wasn't counting but only noticing the 15-20 in the car show area way before the line started moving and that was after it was mentioned to us. I do remember seeing some Cobra's come through so that must be the group you were with? I wasn't counting and really didn't pay much attention myself.

Like I said already several times... I really don't care. We were in way before the TNT started but just passing on some ideas and things that were said.

I don't think it could have been done any better with the crowd vs man power. I think you guy's did a great job and it wasn't your fault that people went around even if they did pay. I know you can't see what is going on before you get there or when your way up at the gate but people did go around the line that were not working there including the motorcycles and my suggestion was to find a way to stop them from doing it. A few people weren't happy after sitting there and watching others ride on by. It had nothing to do with the way you ran the event or if they paid or not. Not sure where that all started at but no where near the point I was trying to make.

P.S. We always have!

P.S.S. If you have a few that want to drive up Friday night so they can get there earlier I will gladly front an additional room to our bill. :thumbsup:It's all cool, btw I don't run the show here I was just a volunteer and helping out some. Glad you are mentioning all this so next time SCMC is aware of it.
Now that you mention it, I bet what happened was before we got there some people probably decided to wonder in for free. Those may have been the 15 people others may have seen drive by the lines. And then when we showed up and drove by people were probably thinking we were sneaking in to. I know alot of us working the gate gave our keys to someone to park our cars down there once we got there.
There are not hard feeling towards me at all bro
I will see if I have a pic of the car, if it was early on I probably missed it since I was a t the gate.
Chris

kevinflick03
11-11-2007, 10:37 PM
it's all good in da hood.....hahaha..lolololol

Cobra4me
11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
As with some events we need to get committments for more volunteers. I too was one of the volunteers and after a slow start we started two lines and everything moved quicker. One suggestion is pre-regristration along with all the required paperwork including the responsibility statement. We should also have the registration forms available at the entrance so car show entrants and drivers can have this filled out before getting to the gate. This process took along time! Also FYI there where no cars in the show areas until my son drove the volunteers cars to the area. I personally didnt get to go over to the track until 1PM. Next event solicit and get committments for volunteers before the event

yelsvt03cobra
11-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I have been racing for 20+ years so I know the routine and that is why we make sure to preregister as soon as we can get the app. This way you guy's know way ahead of time that we will be there. If everyone else did the same thing then it would help out future planning.

If people are worried about their $35 then I can assure you that it will never get lost. Tony and I have been back and forth (mostly Tony) with fee's when we over pay, weather moves the date or what ever the case. Tony/SCMC has always reminded me of what I had and didn't have. I think it was 3 years ago the weather moved the event to a date that we couldn't make it and they credited it to the Fall event for us and even sent me an email to remind us after we paid again for the Fall event.

This group may be under powered at times but as far as being organized I give you all props. Great job and very well done as always!

RF Cobra
11-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Preregistration does make things much easier the day of the event.

John I agree except for the backhanded comment you made about Tony. As you know since you were once one, we (the officers of the club) are already looking at the 2008 event calendar and planning for those events. I figured since you are willing to put out the call then you must be willing to help as well (talk the talk, walk the walk), so my question to you was what events can I put you down for as we look at our 2008 event calendar?

Anyone else can feel free to let us know as well. The more the better. The sooner the better too as that allows more time for planning and more efficient use of the volunteers which equals a better and more enjoyable event for everyone.

We never could have pulled off such a great event at Parkway this year without those of us that got together months before the show to plan and prepare for it and then met with David and kept in contact with him to be sure we were all on the same page. As a result, we knew in advance what we needed in terms of volunteers and the jobs we needed them to do so that the morning of the show we were prepared and were able to quickly assign people to tasks so there wasn't any wasted time standing around guessing at what was needed.

Allan,

I urge you to read my post above again. Would you agree that the bigger an event gets the more volunteers are needed. There are some great suggestions above that will require more people to help out.

RF Cobra
11-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Chris, it sounds like you, Robbie, and everyone else that helped out did a great job. :thumbsup:

kevinflick03
11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
EVERYONE STOP CRYING.......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

yelsvt03cobra
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
EVERYONE STOP CRYING.......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not me man... It's all good here and I really wish I had more time to help out with the events instead of just shooting suggestions out there.

RF Cobra
11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Tony constantly puts in more time and effort than anyone in the club and he is always promoting events and trying to spread the word to try to get people to help. Your comment, like previous comments tries to make him (and the SCMC) look bad and it is getting old. Tony is only one person and others need to step up and help promote events and try to get volunteers. Bill, Binky, Dave, and I did it for the Parkway show and we were successful. Blasting out emails to people who are not SCMC members about working an event they attended is not in good taste. Members are constantly updated and reminded about events through the board and emails that are already being sent to them and they are routinely asked to help out. We can't force people to do it, they have to choose to help out and they aren't going to want to do it if what they see is negative comments.

You are right we need more volunteers. But the solution is to promote the positive and encourage others to want to join in and help. That can only be done by showing others that volunteering at events is fun and enjoyable. When negative comments and trying to pass blame are posted it only turns potential volunteers and members away and makes prior volunteers less likely to volunteer again. If that wasn't the intent in this case then maybe it could have been worded differently so as not to come across that way. :thumbsup:

Allan,

Doesn't the club computer have a database of who attends the event? Doesn't Tony keep this computer with him? Quit reading between the lines. Tony did the mass e-mail for the CMP event every year.

RF Cobra
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Keep shooting out those suggestions! It's easy to get caught up in the details when trying to put events together and someone who has a different perspective can provide very beneficial suggestions.

Not me man... It's all good here and I really wish I had more time to help out with the events instead of just shooting suggestions out there.

cobrabitn
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Wow! You go away for 5 days and look at what happened?? I did go to the SVT Cobra Nationals in TX so therefore I regret I could not make the Drag Day, it was the first one I ever missed. I knew it was going to be a big turnout due to the number of calls I had all last week and I did convey that to Lisa last week.

First, I would like to thank all of the people that came and helped at the event. I give you a big "Kudos" for taking care of all of the participants. I know Lisa, Clarence, Kevin, Bill, Binky, Chris, and Robbie did a great job and worked as a team.

Second, I want to thank all of the sponsors for supporting our event.

Third, I would like to thank all of the participants that came out and spread the word about our event.

fourth, I am not happy about slamming any of the volunteers or the way the event was run so please refrain from it. If you want to make a constructive criticism without getting into the minute details then we welcome that.

Fifth, by reading all of the posts I want you all to know that I think you have some very good suggestions. Here is what we should do for the Spring event. Open the gates at least an hour earlier even though the track will not be ready till 10:00 a.m. with prepping. I usually leave RH at 7:00 a.m. but leaving an hour earlier should not be a problem.

Sixth, preregistration is a tremendous help, it helps move people right along and all of the prepaid names of the participants are usually in the laptop and it's just a matter of keying in a number to send them on their way. My advice to all of you is to preregister..please don't let weather be a factor. We have postponed events in the past or your $$ got credited to a future event. We don't work that way where we take your $$ and tell you "too bad", and I bet there are numerous people who can back that up.

Seventh, as for volunteers at the gate... personally if you have more than 6 people at the gate, it gets confusing. Lisa can tell you that from previous events so I don't think it is a matter of more help there. It's probably a matter of people lining up at 9:00 a.m. only to be complaining about the wait because they showed up an hour early. We'll see about starting registration a little earlier so you can get your cars unloaded and set up for the event.

This line also makes it difficult for the organizers to get through so again I ask that all of you to please be patient. This is not "Fun Ford Weekend" even though some people said they like our event better than FFW. These are all small problems but we have to address them to eliminate them and make the event even more fun for all.

Eighth, As for the runner up payout, I never told Lisa about giving the runner up their payout so whoever the runner ups are for the event, you'll be getting a check for $250.00 as this is what we have done in the past (give a runner up payout), check will be sent out via USPS.

I hope all of you that are reading this thread will see that we want this event to be a ton of fun and we are committed to making it a pleasurable day for all that are involved. Thanks for the suggestions for helping out and we look forward to having a big Spring event! :thumbsup:

P.S. E-mail notifications were sent out through the BB prior to the event and during the week of the event, and through previous e-mail addresses I have collected and saved in the club's computer. Sorry, the laptop cannot be in two places at once. Thanks Allan for your comments, it is nice to know that I am appreciated. I give this club my most valuable resource, my time! :)

BadMoFo
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
sweet! I was happy with the plauge and just poking fun at the payout. I figured we didnt raise enough for it, but I did know we had a lot of sponsors and a ton of people show up. but to say I am not estatic to have a little cash for mods, cant wait. you could even save a stamp by stuffing it my renewal package since I renewed at the track that day. :bounce:

just want to say again I had a blast at the event, I think dave should be tested for performance enhancing drugs, lol. and I cant wait to see you all in the spring.

do we have dates for the spring and fall drag days? only reason I ask is because my work makes me project my vacation for the entire year in jan.

thank you again to the club, sponsors, and members for anouther great time. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
We had a good number of sponsors for this event, seven. The cash is to go toward the drivers of the events. That is the way it is supposed to be at any event. You won, you earned it so I congratulate you and Richard Ingram for coming in second. I apologize for not conveying that to Lisa for the award presentation. Good luck at the Spring event...as soon as I get the dates, I'll convey them to everyone.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

BadMoFo
11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
hopefully this time I will bring the big boy trophy home with me, it has had temp stays at my place but time to make it home, lol.

Cobra4me
11-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Chris, it sounds like you, Robbie, and everyone else that helped out did a great job. :thumbsup:thanks Alan

johnbasf
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Have fun. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
11-13-2007, 08:26 PM
John,

My e-mail address is tony@svtcobraclub.com or mrmach@comporium.net as I will be losing my mrmach@cetlink.net address so please change it in your address book, thanks.

firebird380hp
11-13-2007, 09:45 PM
My name Is Robert and I would like to thank SCMC & members for allowing f-body's to come to your event.......I had a very good time and so did my son-in law and 2 grandson's. It's about the only time of the yr. you get to line up against street cars instead of a 8sec. beast so it was fun.I read somewhere in this thread about e-mail's you guy's have always sent me email's about the event and I drive a gm.........I have been coming to this event for about 4 yrs. and have always enjoyed it.....so Thxs. everyone!!!

Robert

red04svtcobra
11-13-2007, 09:53 PM
thanks Alanyes, thanks Alan.

cobrabitn
11-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Glad you came out Robert!

Yes, we send you e-mails to let you know about the drag day. Each year we add to the data base and as you can see the event keeps getting bigger! :thumbsup:

chrisheltra
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I know Im a nOOb here and have only been to one event but I had so much fun. Is there anyway the track rental could last longer instead of ending at 5pm? That cool late evening air would have been really nice.

cobrabitn
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
You can pay the extra fee to the track for the night time grudge racing or I would suggest going on the 24th to Bugman's event. Extra time...I'll see what I can do about that! :D

chrisheltra
11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
You can pay the extra fee to the track for the night time grudge racing or I would suggest going on the 24th to Bugman's event. Extra time...I'll see what I can do about that! :D
Just an idea no worries. My thinking is this event will probably grow each year like it probably already has. The more people you have come to your event the less those people will get to run if the hours arent extended. You will eventually get so many people who want to run in the bracket racing that there will be no time for the TnT guys. Sorta like trying to cram 50,000 people in a 25,000 people capacity stadium. All of this doesnt matter if you like the size it is now but Im sure you would like to see this event grow.:D

cobrabitn
11-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm going to see if we can start earlier so we can get early morning runs. I cannot promise anything but I'll see what I can do, worst case scenario...2 day event but I don't think we are at that point yet. :D

yelsvt03cobra
11-14-2007, 08:40 PM
My name Is Robert and I would like to thank SCMC & members for allowing f-body's to come to your event.......I had a very good time and so did my son-in law and 2 grandson's. It's about the only time of the yr. you get to line up against street cars instead of a 8sec. beast so it was fun.I read somewhere in this thread about e-mail's you guy's have always sent me email's about the event and I drive a gm.........I have been coming to this event for about 4 yrs. and have always enjoyed it.....so Thxs. everyone!!!

Robert

Robert you were there and we didn't see ya? I know you haven't forgotten us already. I was really busy running around like a crazed monkey but sure wish I knew you were there.

How is the bird running?

Chris

yelsvt03cobra
11-14-2007, 08:43 PM

They use to let you stay the rest of the night for free. Just started charging extra I think this past Spring.

Any of your crowd coming on the 24th? I was not complaining and never would so don't take anything I said the wrong way.

We did look for ya several times during the day and wondered where you were. Didn't see James there either so it was kinda weird without seeing either of you at the SCMC drag event in Jackson.

Hope everything is going well for you and hope to see ya soon if not on the 24th.

Chris

yelsvt03cobra
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm going to see if we can start earlier so we can get early morning runs. I cannot promise anything but I'll see what I can do, worst case scenario...2 day event but I don't think we are at that point yet. :D

If you ever care to do that let me know. We can combine Bugday and make it a 2 day event with some of the 10.5 cars, Etc. That would be kinda cool actually. :)

firebird380hp
11-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Hey Chris, yeah I was there, no I sure have'nt forgot you guys helped me out down there when my engine blew another thing I wont ever forget....lol I kept looking but never seen anyone I knew besides Dean the one with the white 94 camaro........you did'nt recognize my car anyway it's purple now and I let my grandson's talk me into putting a bunch of yellow grafics on it....lol but he made them feel like they had a hand in it.No I never was able to go with the 427 I went back with a cammed ls1 it's running ok but not like it was.The best I could muster sat. was 11.23.....but I think the 4000 stall is hurting me it's keeping it revved so high that it's past the peak torque of the engine.I hope to have 3000 stall in it by the spring event. I did see one yellow cobra there was that you?

Robert

yelsvt03cobra
11-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey Chris, yeah I was there, no I sure have'nt forgot you guys helped me out down there when my engine blew another thing I wont ever forget....lol I kept looking but never seen anyone I knew besides Dean the one with the white 94 camaro........you did'nt recognize my car anyway it's purple now and I let my grandson's talk me into putting a bunch of yellow grafics on it....lol but he made them feel like they had a hand in it.No I never was able to go with the 427 I went back with a cammed ls1 it's running ok but not like it was.The best I could muster sat. was 11.23.....but I think the 4000 stall is hurting me it's keeping it revved so high that it's past the peak torque of the engine.I hope to have 3000 stall in it by the spring event. I did see one yellow cobra there was that you?

Robert

Man that sux! My wife asks about you and your family often. Wait til I tell her you were there and we never knew it. I think we saw your car but didn't know it was you.

No Sir I haven't had the Cobra to the track since that time we met you guy's. It sits in the garage and is driven rarely with only 10k on the odometer. :)

I sent ya a PM with my cell number. Are you gonna try to make it the the Bugday racing event on the 24th? It is a lot like the SCMC event and even has an 11.0 class that would just fit your bill perfectly. We are also having a 12.0 class, 26x8.5, 28x10.5 and a few others including kid's races, Etc. You should come and meet some of the gang. There are several coming from the F-body association so you will feel right at home.

Chris

firebird380hp
11-14-2007, 10:06 PM
where's that event going to be at Chris? sounds like fun

yelsvt03cobra
11-15-2007, 08:06 AM
where's that event going to be at Chris? sounds like fun

Carolina Dragway, same as last weekend.

I love that track and wouldn't rent any other for an event like this. Hope to see you and a few others there.

Chris

red04svtcobra
11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Tony, I just thought of this, why didn't the club have any event T-shirts there to purchase? I think that would have been cool to have one, I know the club has done it in the past.:D

cobrabitn
11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Because we were selling them in TX and I just didn't have time to break them out and give them to anyone who could haul them down there. We'll be back to selling them there in the Spring. :thumbsup: