PDA

View Full Version : SuperG....time to tell us...

97CasperCobra
10-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I noticed an addition to your sig.....what's up. It looks beautiful, let's hear all the details on it man. Fess up Gary!!!! :p

SuperG
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Ahhh, yes...I bought a 2003 Cobra!! Thanks for noticing, Mike!! I ran across it at my Credit Union and put a bid on it (repo) and won! I haven't touched my '97 in weeks!

Edmond has driven it and besides the visual mods we both agree that there is most likely a new set of pulleys...pegs the stock boost gauge quite easily. The exhaust is louder than my '97, and most noticeably it has FR500's with 275x17's up front and 315x17's in back.

It has 82k miles and is just really a nice car...solid as a rock and the interior is in excellent shape...so I am going to bring this one to MSR instead of the '97...in fact I'll be putting the '97 Vert up for sale soon...room enough for 2 cars only, unfortunately!! Plus the wife is nagging...I am sure many of you know what that's like...right? Eh, maybe it's just mine!

So I have ordered a few miscellaneous parts for it...I am about to change all the fluids (gonna swap the Canton Oil Pan and Windage Tray between the 2 cars) and figure out what pulley set it has...looking for suggestions on how to do that...then I'll perform a dry and wet compression and leakdown test in hopes the internals are good. Finally, I'll take a drive over to Orange and let that kid tune it.

What's funny is the first day I drove her around I ran across a gal with a black '03 Vert and she easily spotted my Coupe...so we exchanged info and she and her hubby are coming tomorrow for the Tuesday dinner...then hopefully we'll see them at MSR!

I get looks from the car all the time...it's loud as heck and I am always getting on it...Man....I really love driving it!!

OK...now you know why I started the following thread (in which I am still waiting for responses!)

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14692

Twice Bitten
10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I gave you advice in person :rolleyes: , why would I say something in the thread :dunno: :dunno: !

SuperG
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I gave you advice in person :rolleyes: , why would I say something in the thread :dunno: :dunno: !
True!! I had not forgotten that!!

97CasperCobra
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM

because we all question the advise you give us..... :rolleyes: :p

03 cobra toy
10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
OK...now you know why I started the following thread (in which I am still waiting for responses!)

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14692

I gave you a response.... :rotf:

Have fun with your new ride !! :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
because we all question the advise you give us..... :rolleyes: :p
Byte me:mad: :p :D

cobrabitn
10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Congrats on the new ride Gary! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Be sure to do all of the cooling mods if you plan to open track the car??? This is just my opinion but I would track a naturally aspirated car before I did a supercharged one because of the heat issues. Maybe turn the vert back to a natuarally aspirated 4.6 and sell the supercharger to recoup some of your $$.

Angel
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Byte me:mad: :p :D
:eek: :rotf:

Nice Snake, Gary. You know White Snakes tend to be Louder and Faster.!! :D

Congrats. :thumbsup:

SuperG
10-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Ha!! You should know!!!

Angel
10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Ha!! You should know!!!Most of the time a laid back driver, but plenty loud Angel is. Hope you bring the new Baby out for us to see. Bet those FR500s wearing 315s look sick on a Snake. :eek:

Twice Bitten
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM

You don't know what loud is! :p ;) :rotf:

97CasperCobra
10-02-2007, 06:56 PM
I gave you advice in person :rolleyes:

your '03 Vert spend more time in the shop than in your driveway/garage....I wouldn't take any advise you have to offer on the 03-04s.... :p

Carl G
10-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Tough crowd :D Congrats Gary on the ride. Tire and Brakes will give you the fastest upgrade for the 03. Cooling not a major issue unless you have upgraded the supercharger. See you at MSR :thumbsup:

SuperG
10-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Tough crowd :D Congrats Gary on the ride. Tire and Brakes will give you the fastest upgrade for the 03. Cooling not a major issue unless you have upgraded the supercharger. See you at MSR :thumbsup:
Yeah, I can't wait to get this thing on the track!!!

Angel
10-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Tough group indeed, Carl, I think the summer heats getting to making them stir crazy. :D