PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed my clutch :-(

blueblazes
10-03-2007, 12:10 AM
but wife approved new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so gonna try out the dfx 26spline setup hope to have it all back in this weekend key word hope heh.

Anyone got any experience with this clutch?

red04svtcobra
10-03-2007, 08:44 AM
No but I heard the spec 3+ is awesome!! Thats what I will be getting. Let us know how you like it Brandon

blk04cobra1
10-03-2007, 10:03 AM
so gonna try out the dfx 26spline setup hope to have it all back in this weekend key word hope heh.

We've done a couple of them, they have a real light pedal feel, but do have some chatter...had one fail after about 500 miles, but other than that, they've worked great...IMO opinion with your power I'd opt for the SPEC 3+ or RAM powergrip HD :thumbsup:

blueblazes
10-03-2007, 10:49 AM
well i wanted to keep a clutch that my wife could drive to. several people had warned me against the spec3 for that reason because its on or its off no in between

NewFoundPower
10-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Maybe Big Daddy will chime in and tell you what he did to his Spec clutch.

red04svtcobra
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
well i wanted to keep a clutch that my wife could drive to. several people had warned me against the spec3 for that reason because its on or its off no in betweenI think it is going to be pretty hard to find a clutch that will hold your power and it not be on/off. I have heard that a steel flywheel will help with the chatter some and make it feel less jerky.

NO 5 OH
10-04-2007, 02:21 AM

I might have some experience with it... that's what's in my car last I checked anyways :p

When it first came out it was the next best thing since sliced bread... then people bought them and a bunch discovered they really didn't like it. It does chatter but you can get around that if you adjust your driving style.

As far as how does it hold... there was a weak link in my car last year when I took it to the strip and it sure as hell wasn't the clutch :D

Viper Spec T56 FTW :thumbsup:

JROC
10-06-2007, 07:15 AM
This is the clutch I long for, but don't know if I'll ever get.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-14670/90-2220-ram-99-04-cobra-mach-1-street-dual-disc-clutch-kit-26-spline.html

The price is step as its a twin disc which requires a new flywheel, but all the people that I've seen that have one say its worth it. Apparently it has a very light petal effort, but is very strong. I have been told that if you get this clutch you will probably never have to replace it.

blueblazes
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
hey jroc i think it was you i met last nite up here so wanted to say was nice meeting you man!

JROC
10-07-2007, 11:44 PM
hey jroc i think it was you i met last nite up here so wanted to say was nice meeting you man!
Wasn't me. I was home last night. :D

Did you meet someone else with a SB Cobra?