PDA

View Full Version : 2007 November Houston AutoRama

Angel
10-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Pending the details of the Upcoming Show, I am guaging interest in Participation and need a total of 4-6 cars. :bounce:

Mine will count as 1 car. :)

Need a Solid Committment on who is willing to participate their car for the show.

Typically, the Show extends Thursday through Sunday of Thanksgiving Weekend with move-in the evening prior. The cars must remain on site for the duration of the show. I plan on being there during show hours each of the days of the show and can keep an eye on the cars and do the show maint. on them each morning.

Last year we had only 4 cars, each of them Winning and garnished good representaion for the Club. :thumbsup:

Time is getting limited and I would like to have the committments soon. :bounce:

For those interested therefore,

Participants need only to do the following:

1. Get the car Clean & in good condition. (Most in our Club are.)
2. Get the car to the Show the night prior to opening and initial set up.
3. Pick up the car Sunday after the show ends in the evening. (typically after 7pm)

* More Details to be added as soon as they come in from Carl F.

CALL Outs:

Larry's Cobra "R" (She adds so much diversity to our show group!) (GT would be nice there too!); :) :baby:

CHUCK (If you are in town as your Ride is a lot to care for :D , and I cannot operate all that multimedia!); :eek:

John G. (Chingasos) Beautiful '93 Cobra Teal Hatch :cool:

STAN (Clean it up!); :poke: :D :D

There's a CERTAIN Mystichrome Cobra (YOU know who You are); :cool: :thumbsup:

Sherri (Please re-consider - just get the Baby there, there's a Babysitter for the Entire Show :D ) :baby:

Orange Cobra (Again You know who You are!) (You want to show it off, now's the Time!); :)

ANGEL's in :bounce: & a Maybe on the ROUSH; - if I need an extra car - but need a ride to and from show from I-10 and Mason. :bounce:

Show Off those sweet RIDES, not just by Racing them!

Support the Cub ! :bounce:

red04svtcobra
10-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I remember going to the autorama there in 2000 and it was huge, almost as big a s the autofair here. Wish I was there to check out this event, should be great!!!

Firme
10-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Woohoo Autorama time!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

This is a great way to promote the SCMC and get some :drool: on the cars...

We've got some pristine cars that need to volunteer :spoke: :D

93KingCobra
10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I swear one of these years I will be able to enter this thing....

John Himsel
10-14-2007, 05:36 AM
I'll be there....send me the entry form.

I'll PM you my address.

Angel
10-15-2007, 10:02 AM

I'll PM you my address.
John, the forms should be in within a couple days. I'll call to let you know they are here and forward. You should then have by the end of the week.

More details will be posted at that time. :thumbsup:

:bounce: C'Mon Y'all. :bump: Need at least 2 more committments. :grinangel

Angel
10-17-2007, 10:44 AM

I'll PM you my address.
John, the Application form and copy of the George R Brown Convention Ctre. information will be mailed to you today. :thumbsup:

:)

For those interested, here are more details:

Contact me for an Application if you are interested or post up your request here. :bounce:

Show runs 22 Nov. thru 25 Nov.

ISCA Current Member: 15.00 & Non-ISCA is 50.00 (Someone please correct me as to wheather or not the Show Entry Fee is extra or SCMC Covered :) )
I can call Cindy and ask as well.

The additional fee for Electric runs from 50.00 on up; - depending on the type and level of power requirement. (Last year for the Display, it ran Aprox. 75.00 This is due upon arrival and Registration.)

To those who will be entering a car, I shall attach a copy of the floor plan for the Club Display. This is a Standard Display that we can discuss upon arrival if we are allowed to alter.

DEADLINE:

to get Applications Received is NOVEMBER 12th: Which means I need them the End of OCTOBER. ( I woud like to have them in a week in advance to allow for contingency and processing) :thumbsup:

NEED: 2 - 4 more to Volunteer to Show off Your Baby & have a FREE Babysitter for the Entire Show!!!!! :bounce:

( .... I [know] the Rides are Out There :D )

Angel
10-19-2007, 05:01 PM
John, the Application form and copy of the George R Brown Convention Ctre. information will be mailed to you today. :thumbsup:

Contact me for an Application if you are interested or post up your request here. :bounce:

ISCA Current Member: 15.00 & Non-ISCA is 50.00 (Someone please correct me as to wheather or not the Show Entry Fee is extra or SCMC Covered :) )

The additional fee for Electric runs from 50.00 on up; - depending on the type and level of power requirement. (Last year for the Display, it ran Aprox. 75.00 This is due upon arrival and Registration.)

To those who will be entering a car, I shall attach a copy of the floor plan for the Club Display. This is a Standard Display that we can discuss upon arrival if we are allowed to alter.

DEADLINE:

to get Applications Received is NOVEMBER 12th: Which means I need them the End of OCTOBER. ( I woud like to have them in a week in advance to allow for contingency and processing) :thumbsup:

NEED: 2 - 4 more to Volunteer to Show off Your Baby & have a FREE Babysitter for the Entire Show!!!!! :bounce:

BUMP......

John and possibly another coming. :bounce: :thumbsup:

Step on up & don't be shy. :) I NEED at least one more. :baby: :bounce: :bounce:

I KNOW they're on here. Just give me a pm if you have questions. :cool:

texaswrx
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Wanted to say thanks for the compliments on my Torch Red 04 yesterday at the Space City Cruisers show. I would like to do this show, but there will not be enough time, as it is a holiday weekend. Thanks again.

John

Angel
10-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Wanted to say thanks for the compliments on my Torch Red 04 yesterday at the Space City Cruisers show. I would like to do this show, but there will not be enough time, as it is a holiday weekend. Thanks again.

John
John, sorry you cannot come to AutoRama. :( Try to visit in to spectate at least. Your car is beautiful and holy bright red batman! :bounce:

If you know anyone who may be interested in showing at AutoRama, please pass them on to this thread. :thumbsup:

ScreaminMystic
10-22-2007, 03:02 PM
There's a CERTAIN Mystichrome Cobra (YOU know who You are); :cool: :thumbsup:
Jimmy or me? How much total to enter?

jimmysidecarr
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM

Hopefully you!!!

My car is all chipped and scratched... plus I'm not a big car show kinda guy...

I'm more into tearing it up... LOL :rolleyes: ;)

ScreaminMystic
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
mine too has a few hood chips, and plus yours has MANY more mods then my stocker....wanna trade...:thumbsup:

PS. anything that you wanna get rid of mod wise, because you have upgraded, let lil ol chris know...k...k... great!

Angel
10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
:bounce: I'm referring to YOU.:D And I know how you like to show her off. Here's the time for you to get the recognition your Baby deserves! :) :cool: Club pays the fees I do believe. And since there are a couple extra spaces, there may be a double space opportunity for both you and John.

Let me know asap, since I would like to have the forms forwarded to the AutoRama by the end of this month. :bounce:

Jimmy, You're off the hook. :cool:

ScreaminMystic
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
so she will be kept inside? what are the dates? I may want to get a few more mods and dress up before then...

Angel
10-22-2007, 06:19 PM
mine too has a few hood chips, and plus yours has MANY more mods then my stocker....wanna trade...:thumbsup:

PS. anything that you wanna get rid of mod wise, because you have upgraded, let lil ol chris know...k...k... great!
Your baby is AutoRama worthy. It is not about quantity of the Mods. Yours will be placed in a Category depending on the Year and mods, if any. So, you will not find yourself competing against a car with a bazillion mods whan you have - say - a few. :thumbsup: Angel goes in Contemporary Conservative Hardtop. She has only a few mods. Less then 5 mods is Conservative, I do believe.

Angel
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
so she will be kept inside? what are the dates? I may want to get a few more mods and dress up before then...
November 22 - 25. Move in the evening before. Starting after 2pm.

No extra mods necessary. I say, get a show board with her Pics and Stats, dyno sheet, etc. Some model Car, etc. The display you do makes a difference with the car. Many do not know this. Of course, keep consistent with the car. I can coach you some more if you need. :thumbsup:

Angel
10-23-2007, 12:48 PM
BUMP! :eek: Time's running out. Need one more by end of this week. :) :bounce:

Larry, the COBRA R, :bounce: She don't have to be perfect......:cool: ;) You won last year, if I remember correctly. :thumbsup:

Or I may have to get after STAN weilding a babe outfit a la skirt. :D :rotf:

Edit: Need a regular size Pic. 3/4 of front of car & also a 3/4 of rear of car to forward with application. (Thanks, John ;) )

97CasperCobra
10-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Larry, the COBRA R, :bounce: She don't have to be perfect......:cool: ;) You won last year, if I remember correctly. :thumbsup:

Larry's detailer is on strike....and his kids aren't tall enough to detail the "park bench". :D :p

Mrs TwiceBitten
10-23-2007, 12:59 PM
We are out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks for considering us though.

Angel
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Larry's detailer is on strike....and his kids aren't tall enough to detail the "park bench". :D :p

Well, no EXCUSES!! - lol - I will take a Sunday - this coming one if he would like, as I am not wkg., and I will come and do it to have her ready. :bounce: :thumbsup:

I'll do the work. :cool:

Levi just needs to get her to and from. I have a Guy, Bruce at HARS Transport arranged already to ship mine and possibly 2 others. SO, for a 125.00 he could ship the R to and from as well. :thumbsup: :)

{I drive a tough bargain!} :rotf:

Angel
10-23-2007, 01:01 PM
We are out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks for considering us though.
:eek: Sorry to hear that. Then Stan may have to chime in. :D :bounce:

Edit:

To those considering: - I'm desiring a Race Inspired car; - caged, etc. to complete the diversity of the show cars there. :)

Angel
10-25-2007, 09:56 AM

DEADLINE:

:cool:

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:

The ISCA Fee is 35.00 + 15.00 for showing and Judging fee = 50.00 total "per" car.

If an Individual has a 2nd car, it's an additonal 15.00 = total of 65.00

Make Checks payable to "ISCA"

Move in is after 7am on the day prior to Show Opening - Wednesday 21 November.

Remember to have 1/4 or Less; - of a tank of gas. (They will not let you in otherwise.)

Bring a tool to disconnect the battery after placement of the car. A No. 8 I think.

:bounce: ONE MORE Beauty to sign up, :baby: will make the PEST go away. :D

:) :)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Who has posession of the SCMC Banner and Stand from last year??????
:) :)

I will look into renting a Rope and Stanchion setup as there are rentals at the Convention Ctre.

:run: Don't hide the beautiful cars; - bring them out and show them off. :thumbsup: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Bring a tool to disconnect the battery after placement of the car. A No. 8 I think.
8mm socket :thumbsup:

Angel
10-25-2007, 12:11 PM
8mm socket :thumbsup:
Yes, :D , Dad's old school shop slang I heard growing up tends to creep in sometimes. lol

Opportunity; -

:D

:bounce:

Where's that 4 th Cobra I need for AutoRama at?? :bounce:

(The Pest Lurkes). :)

2004MystiSVT
10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I have her for ya!! :thumbsup: Can't wait it's gonna be a lot of fun!!

Yes, :D , Dad's old school shop slang I heard growing up tends to creep in sometimes. lol

Opportunity; -

:D

:bounce:

Where's that 4 th Cobra I need for AutoRama at?? :bounce:

(The Pest Lurkes). :)

Angel
10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I have her for ya!! :thumbsup: Can't wait it's gonna be a lot of fun!!
:bounce: Yeah.... No more Pest. :D ;)

You're going to have a good experiance there - so, shine the Baby up and get ready for the attention and fun.

Don't forget to e-mail me some pics. :thumbsup:

kencobra
11-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Do you need or want another vert for the show ?

Angel
11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Do you need or want another vert for the show ?
We can take one more - but you need to hurry - :bounce:

I will need pics. 3/4 Shot from the Rear and one from the Front. Also, require an application and to see you car. Have your e-mail and will attempt to contact you today as the forms, fees, etc. These will need to be in by the end of this week at the absolute latest. :)

See this thread from the beginning; - for additional details throughout.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
We can take one more - but you need to hurry - :bounce:

I will need pics. 3/4 Shot from the Rear and one from the Front. Also, require an application and to see you car.
Ken's Sonic Blue Vert....:drool:

All these fine vehicle representing the club....I may have to come out and see them. :D

Too bad you don't have a SN95 Cobra..... :(

Angel
11-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Ken's Sonic Blue Vert....:drool:

All these fine vehicle representing the club....I may have to come out and see them. :D

Too bad you don't have a SN95 Cobra..... :(
Trying to reach Ken - he needs to pick up his phone - lol.

I tried to get a SN95 and a Hatch; - :baby: but they're too elusive. :D

94 White Snake
11-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Is it to late :eek:

97CasperCobra
11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Is it to late :eek:
to have your Cobra help represent this club..... I SURE HOPE NOT!!!!!

Angel
11-09-2007, 10:16 AM
to have your Cobra help represent this club..... I SURE HOPE NOT!!!!!

:eek: I know. Talked to Cindy yesterday and now they are turning entire clubs away! Evidently going to be a full house. :bounce:

Trying to do what we can and maybe - just "maybe" - there is a kindness in way of scarifice in space to allow just one more car in. :baby:

But, in having planned initially for the spaces, it is very difficult to squeeze an additonal person in when it is so close to the deadline. :eek: We'll just have to see if the Standby Registration works. Some from out of State may back out last minute and if one is high enough on the Standby List - then it can still happen.

94 White Snake
11-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I heard from Carl Ferrara that the Z Club of Houston has been bumped from the AutoRama. (The Z club won best dispaly last year)

The Board’s excuse is that they are expanding the motorcycle display area, which attracts more people (=$).

They said they’ve bumped a lot of the car clubs. :mad:

Angel
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I heard from Carl Ferrara that the Z Club of Houston has been bumped from the AutoRama. (The Z club won best dispaly last year)

The Board’s excuse is that they are expanding the motorcycle display area, which attracts more people (=$).

They said they’ve bumped a lot of the car clubs. :mad:
That's sad. But it should be if you meet the criteria and apply early, then first come first served. It is the most fair way. Word gets out too many Clubs being ousted, then many may choose to not participate in the future. :rolleyes: Not a good vibe for them to put off - but - maybe the Z-Club never applied soon enough.

redlinedesire
11-09-2007, 10:25 PM
i would want in but i see no need to have 2 07 gt500s but i know mine is not a low number like NUMBER37 LOL.like that matters.but the car show should be fun .look forward to going .

Angel
11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
i would want in but i see no need to have 2 07 gt500s but i know mine is not a low number like NUMBER37 LOL.like that matters.but the car show should be fun .look forward to going .
Actually, if the space allowed, it would have been great to have two GT500s. Especially if yours is of a different color, a vert and with the Mods you have. If you plan a little earlier next year and apply when the announcement is made for entries, I see no problem in having you show with us. :thumbsup:

Come on out and support the Club at the show, meet some of the Members and have a good time. Just introduce yourself and enjoy the cars. :bounce:

ScreaminMystic
11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
So I now have my Bassani SS installed and kickin arse, have done the chrome wheel mod on 2 wheels, will do the last 2 tonight, have re painted the front fender splash gaurds, going to remove the calipers and polish or paint them....thinking of a few other quick mods to make her shine. :thumbsup:

Carl G
11-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Angel.........I have the banner and stand.......No show at MSR... pretty WHIMPY :doubt:

Angel
11-13-2007, 12:26 PM
So I now have my Bassani SS installed and kickin arse, have done the chrome wheel mod on 2 wheels, will do the last 2 tonight, have re painted the front fender splash gaurds, going to remove the calipers and polish or paint them....thinking of a few other quick mods to make her shine. :thumbsup:
Boy! You're worse than I. :eek: :D

Angel
11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Angel.........I have the banner and stand.......No show at MSR... pretty WHIMPY :doubt:
Rain scattered in my area in and around Sugarland till almost 11 am and there's no way I wanted to drive her with rain on the radar. :mad: With my luck, it would, and with it being too closer to AutoRama. :D I knew I was going to catch torment for it but no rain for my Angel. :eek:

Firme
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
........I have the banner and stand.......

:doubt: you sure about that?? you better double check. :what:

Angel..........No show at MSR... pretty WHIMPY :doubt:

:nono: :nope: :nope: :chairshot Agreed..... you should have at least brought the Roush.

Carl G
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Now I remember, you have it. Joe Meyers car show I brought it to you. :)

Levi
11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Now I remember, you have it. Joe Meyers car show I brought it to you. :)

Things you need to remember to do, close the front door to the house, car trunk lids and always check the barn door. ;)

Angel
11-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Things you need to remember to do, close the front door to the house, car trunk lids and always check the barn door. ;)
:eek: :rotf:

Angel
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
:doubt: you sure about that?? you better double check. :what:

:nono: :nope: :nope: :chairshot Agreed..... you should have at least brought the Roush.
I knew I was getting trouble for not going - the weather is so localized and it always flares around Sugarland area and up to the I-10. :mad: Believe me, I was angry.

Will have to go to a track event for sure, to make up for it. And soon, to better equipped for it; - even if, I have to bring a Roush. :D Lordy, I need to learn how to drive. :rotf:

03 cobra toy
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Will have to go to a track event for sure, to make up for it. And soon, to better equipped for it; - even if, I have to bring a Roush. :D Lordy, I need to learn how to drive. :rotf:

Stan is a great Instructor.... :D

Angel
11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I've heard. :cool: Once AutoRama and the Holidays are past, Im planning to reserve time and resource in the spring to it. :thumbsup: I have become interested in it more than drag racing as it has a benefit of making one an all around better driver for the street too. You boys drive - lol - a tough bargain! :D

03 cobra toy
11-14-2007, 05:39 PM
:rotf: I've heard. :cool: Once AutoRama and the Holidays are past, Im planning to reserve time and resource in the spring to it. :thumbsup: I have become interested in it more than drag racing as it has a benefit of making one an all around better driver for the street too. You boys drive - lol - a tough bargain! :D

:D :rotf:

Levi
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
:scratch: