PDA

View Full Version : Ted Russell Ford Show 2007

RF Cobra
10-14-2007, 12:50 AM
I will put some of the highlight pictures here later, but all 336 pictures can be viewed by going here (http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/RFCobra/) and selecting the Ted Russell 2007 folder.

red04svtcobra
10-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Awesome pics, wish I was there. Had the car torn apart and still is.

93KingCobra
10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Great pics... :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Great pics Allan...be sure to check out the burnout pics on page 16 and 17. It's a tradition that everyone does a burnout after the show. :thumbsup: :D

96ssssvt
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
The pictures are awesome! What a beautiful day to have a car show. The Dragon Run and subsequent cruising through the Smokies were also terrific! My son Kent and I had a blast as this was our first Dragon Run where we were both driving (he in the Cobra and me in the Mach).

5.0L GT
10-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Those pics turned out great! I'd like to take the opportunity to say thanks for letting me hang out with you guys for the Dragon Run..I had a blast! Even though I was seriously outclassed with my stock Fox body, I had a great time anyway.

cobrabitn
10-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Just remember...if it weren't for the 5.0L, there would never had been a Cobra! :D

5.0L GT
10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
This is true....when is the Dragon video gonna be posted?

RF Cobra
10-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Ummm...good question. :) I've got to sort through the pics we took first and weed out the ones that didn't come out the way I wanted. There was a slight glitch in the videos that I am trying to work around. Somehow it got switched to night vision mode so some of the video is predominately green. I have an idea of how to work around that, but need time to be able to get my idea done right. It will probably have pics and video taken during Dragon Run VI last year as well as this year's.

At least one other person was shooting some video. I'd love to be able to get a copy of what they have as well to incorporate it in with the idea I have.

So...anyone that took pictures and or video of this year's dragon and would like to see it incorporated into a video (and you will get credit for your contributions) please get in touch with me.

Anything from prior SCMC Dragon Runs could be useful as well with the idea I have.

This is true....when is the Dragon video gonna be posted?

RF Cobra
10-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks!

You aren't supposed to be doing that during the Dragon Run weekend! :edmond: ;)
Hope you can make it next year.

Awesome pics, wish I was there. Had the car torn apart and still is.

VenomSVT
10-16-2007, 02:01 AM
I had a blast both days! The car show and dragon run were both well organized and a big thanks goes out to everyone involved. Also this was my first time on the dragon and I'm ready to go do it again! It was also great to meet new people and see some old one's too.:D Here's a couple of pics I took.:thumbsup:

vortex03
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I had a blast both days. The Dragon Run was also a first for me and my father. I want to run it again, but a lil quicker. The Dam scenery was beautiful. The only thing that I hated was when we started breaking up going down 441. I got behind this white van and every time he slowed down, he nearly stopped. Even though I let the tranny brake all the way down I still had to slow down and nearly burned up my brakes. I know the guy behind me in the gray mach1 (don't know your name) was getting irritated, there was nothing I could do. Also the stop and go traffic from pigeon forge to I-40 was a complete disaster.

SonicBlue
10-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Got a question or two on the Dragon Run.

What's the average and max speeds of a typical run there?

And how many made the run this year?

RF Cobra
10-16-2007, 04:22 PM
We had 21 cars with us this year. :thumbsup:

Not sure on the other questions as this year is only my 3rd time going and we took it easy this year. You can get some pretty good speed with a supercharger, just have to make sure you can slow it back down before you get into that next turn. :eek:

how many made the run this year?

XyX
10-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Not sure on the other questions as this year is only my 3rd time going and we took it easy this year. You can get some pretty good speed with a supercharger, just have to make sure you can slow it back down before you get into that next turn. :eek:Good seeing you today..I didnt realize you were in your car, I thought you came in a company car. I saw you driving off..and I was like damn..I didnt know he drove it here!:)

red04svtcobra
10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks!

You aren't supposed to be doing that during the Dragon Run weekend! :edmond: ;)
Hope you can make it next year.Yeah, well my plans were to have everything finished by the run and ran into some problems that slowed me down a bit. Maybe next year!!

RF Cobra
10-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Ford's intake bolt fiasco?

They should have given you a shelby as a loaner. :)

Yeah, well my plans were to have everything finished by the run and ran into some problems that slowed me down a bit. Maybe next year!!

jagillett
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
My wife and I had a BLAST and can't wait until next year. We would like to say "Thank You" to everyone for making our first Club event a really great weekend.

RF Cobra...my wife did shoot some video, but I have not had the time go through any of it. Give me a couple of days and I'll get back with you.

Thanks again
Jim & Pam
'98 Bright Atlantic Blue Cont.

cobrabitn
10-16-2007, 11:28 PM
We're glad y'all came down for the show and cruise Jim. We have some pretty cool events coming up next year so keep your vacation time open. :thumbsup:

SonicBlue
10-17-2007, 01:29 AM

Not sure on the other questions as this year is only my 3rd time going and we took it easy this year. You can get some pretty good speed with a supercharger, just have to make sure you can slow it back down before you get into that next turn. :eek:

Pretty good turnout. I should have made it 22. I was mostly looking for what the average cruising speed is - not counting slowdowns of course. My better half doesn't like taking too many curves too fast and I'd like to take her along next time.

RF Cobra
10-17-2007, 10:53 AM
In that case I would suggest running at the back of the group. That way you wont feel pressured to go faster because someone is behind you. Both my wife and son have the potential for motion sickness. Both did fine. I was the last car since I took video of the group doing a drive by and being last I could slow down if needed without having to worry about slowing up someone behind me. We stop at a predetermined point at the end of the run so we can regroup and give everyone time to catch their breath.

Pretty good turnout. I should have made it 22. I was mostly looking for what the average cruising speed is - not counting slowdowns of course. My better half doesn't like taking too many curves too fast and I'd like to take her along next time.

RF Cobra
10-17-2007, 10:57 AM
We are glad you came and had a great time.

Just let me know once you have had a chance to go through it. No rush, as I have my annual October sinus infection right now so it will probably take a week or so before I feel good enough to start working on it.

My wife and I had a BLAST and can't wait until next year. We would like to say "Thank You" to everyone for making our first Club event a really great weekend.

RF Cobra...my wife did shoot some video, but I have not had the time go through any of it. Give me a couple of days and I'll get back with you.

Thanks again
Jim & Pam
'98 Bright Atlantic Blue Cont.

RF Cobra
10-19-2007, 12:44 AM
It was good to meet you. I'm glad they got that leak taken care of for you. We brought our F550 diesel over for an oil change and I almost drove one of the company vehicles but figured what the heck, it's more fun to drive mine. :D

Good seeing you today..I didnt realize you were in your car, I thought you came in a company car. I saw you driving off..and I was like damn..I didnt know he drove it here!:)

red04svtcobra
10-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Ford's intake bolt fiasco?

They should have given you a shelby as a loaner. :)Yeah, they should have!!! That would have been fun.

scocher
10-19-2007, 07:37 PM
It really was an AWESOME weekend!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: especially since we didn't have the kids. ;) I have been so busy catching up after being gone for 4 days, I haven't had a chance to read the posts until today. I enjoyed meeting all the wonderfully friendly people that are typical members of this club. Tony, you should be proud - you started something really GREAT!

Is it just me, or did we do a lot of eating?! :eek: :eek: