PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body Questions

svtvnm
10-14-2007, 08:34 AM
Just wondering what size is the throttle body on my 99', i know it is a twin butterfly setup. Cal Mustang has 62mm and 65mm BBK's. Also do you need to do anything else to the car or can you just fit another throttle body without re-mapping.

sssvtcobra
10-14-2007, 12:21 PM
If memory serves me right, I believe the stock size is 57mm. I've heard alot of negative things about the BBK's. I've heard that if you want to swap out TB's, your better off going with an accufab single bore style. I can't speak for experience, but just I've heard over the years.

tcrews
10-14-2007, 02:43 PM
There is no reason to replace the stock throttle body until you have serious serious mods on your car. Spend your money elsewhere :)

venomnous99
10-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I agree with Mr. Crews. I have been over 500 RWHP with the stock throttle body and fuel rails with no problems at all. You will need to get far enough up there in power to have to worry about changing other things prior to worrying about the throttle body, IMO.:thumbsup:

john_anch_ak
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I have a '99 Cobra and just installed the Accufab throttle body. The other guys are probably right regarding their thoughts as to whether or not you really need one but I sure do like mine! (of course I've been wasting money ever since I bought my snake!), just ask my wife!

Just to prove it to you, see my next post in a few minutes, I'm thinking I really wasted some money but will wait for feedback from those in the know.
:)
John