PDA

View Full Version : Car Detail Question

XyX
10-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Well I am trying to find a local detailer(winston salem) to compound/polish my car. I bought it from a dealer in Michigan and they did a horrible job..and either they did or the previous owner took horrible care of the paint:mad:. It has some swirls in it, and I'd like to get the outside only detailed. So if you or you know someone who details..let me know. Thanks

nckissfan
10-15-2007, 12:38 AM
let me check with someone, I may know a person

XyX
10-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks..just let me know :)

red04svtcobra
10-15-2007, 01:51 AM
I might be able to hook you up. I did detail work for about 5 years and no longer do it as a job but on my own time. I live in Mooresville and if you want you can bring it over one weekend. Will need it for 2 days due to the sealant applied needs to harden at least 12 hrs. You can drive it back if you don't want to leave it overnight if you decide you want me to do this for you. I have done another members car on here and his car came out awesome! I am not looking at making alot of money on this but what ever anyone else charges I will do it for alot less. Let me know if you want me to do this for you, trust me you will notice a big difference when its finished.:thumbsup:

nckissfan
10-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I will say, that red04's car is emmaculate. I think you won't go wrong!!:thumbsup:

XyX
10-15-2007, 09:57 AM
I might be able to hook you up. I did detail work for about 5 years and no longer do it as a job but on my own time. I live in Mooresville and if you want you can bring it over one weekend. Will need it for 2 days due to the sealant applied needs to harden at least 12 hrs. You can drive it back if you don't want to leave it overnight if you decide you want me to do this for you. I have done another members car on here and his car came out awesome! I am not looking at making alot of money on this but what ever anyone else charges I will do it for alot less. Let me know if you want me to do this for you, trust me you will notice a big difference when its finished.:thumbsup:How far is mooresville from winston? I am pretty new around here and don't really know my way around. If your not too far, I may be able to leave it with you. The prices I have been getting are pretty spead out, no 2 people have the same price. But I have yet to find someone decently close. I dont mind the drive, but most of the work I need done takes a full day. Would you be able to compound it also?

nckissfan
10-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Mooresville is right around a hour drive. You go west on I40, then south on I77. It is not a bad drive.

kevinflick03
10-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Chris is correct....My paint had marks in it as well. Chris and I did it one weekend. It looks tons better.It's worth the drive!!!!! :eek: :thumbsup:

XyX
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I might be able to hook you up. I did detail work for about 5 years and no longer do it as a job but on my own time. I live in Mooresville and if you want you can bring it over one weekend. Will need it for 2 days due to the sealant applied needs to harden at least 12 hrs. You can drive it back if you don't want to leave it overnight if you decide you want me to do this for you. I have done another members car on here and his car came out awesome! I am not looking at making alot of money on this but what ever anyone else charges I will do it for alot less. Let me know if you want me to do this for you, trust me you will notice a big difference when its finished.:thumbsup:Can you PM me some prices?

Cobra4me
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
good to meet you today man. Chris is a good guy and I know he will do an awesome job and treat the car like he owns it. good luck with everything

XyX
10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
good to meet you today man. Chris is a good guy and I know he will do an awesome job and treat the car like he owns it. good luck with everythingSame here..when i was leaving i saw a huge pile of fluid..under my car :(..Not sure if it was oil, brake fluid, or power steering...I jacked up the car with the stock jack..and found one or two hoses that had some type of fluid on them...got an appointment with parkway ford tommarrow..hopefully its something small. The dealership i bought it from changed all the fluids..hopefully they forgot to tighten up something..:banghead:

red04svtcobra
10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks all for all the good words. Like what nckissfan said it is probably about an hour drive. I will PM you a price and you let me know if you like it. Here is what I will do.
1. Wash
2. clay bar
3. wash
4. compound with ssr 2.5
5. ssr1
6. wash
7. apply sealant (2 coats) needs to sit for about 12 hours to harden
8. Nattys wax (2-3 coats)
9. clean rims and tires (outside) and apply sealant to rims
10. spray and gloss quick detailer for some final POP!!
This is a long process that will have outstanding results. Let me know if you what to do this.
Chris

tazzracing1
10-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Wish I lived closer.

RF Cobra
10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Wish I had known that you do this before the Ted Russell show!

Thanks all for all the good words. Like what nckissfan said it is probably about an hour drive. I will PM you a price and you let me know if you like it. Here is what I will do.
1. Wash
2. clay bar
3. wash
4. compound with ssr 2.5
5. ssr1
6. wash
7. apply sealant (2 coats) needs to sit for about 12 hours to harden
8. Nattys wax (2-3 coats)
9. clean rims and tires (outside) and apply sealant to rims
10. spray and gloss quick detailer for some final POP!!
This is a long process that will have outstanding results. Let me know if you what to do this.
Chris

red04svtcobra
10-16-2007, 01:05 AM
there's always next time Allen. keep me in mind the next time you need something done to it, I will be glad to hook you up.

red04svtcobra
10-17-2007, 03:17 PM
nice meeting you today. Your cobra being black will look sick all shined up. Like we spoke earlier, just let me know if you want to do it next Sat. morning.
Chris

XyX
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
nice meeting you today. Your cobra being black will look sick all shined up. Like we spoke earlier, just let me know if you want to do it next Sat. morning.
ChrisHopefully we can do it next sat. My parents are moving all their stuff in this sat. So it seems I should be able to make it. I'll keep you updated. Good meeting you too.