PDA

View Full Version : No Idle

97BlackSnake
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I just installed a Kenne Bell on my 96 Cobra. It's running really strong and for the last two weeks it's been doing pretty good. When I first started it, it was idling at 2000 rpms. It gradually worked it's way down to about 1000 over the first week. Now it won't hold an idle. When I first start it, it will die if I don't keep it above 1500. After it's been running for about ten minutes it gets better but it still dies if I let it idle for more than a minute or two. Do you guys have any ideas? It seems odd that the Idle Control would be bad since it worked before the kenne bell and it seemed to be adapting for the first week.

Thanks for any help/advice :thumbsup:

Dan

Maxxb0y
10-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Did you get it tuned after the install of the Kenne Bell?...

blk04cobra1
10-31-2007, 09:38 AM
Did you get it tuned after the install of the Kenne Bell?...
That's a key question, but it is possible that the IAC somehow got damaged when taking it on and off...or sometimes they just go bad for no reason...it's easy to change and you can always return the new one if it doesnt cure your problems :thumbsup:

97BlackSnake
10-31-2007, 07:58 PM
I did have it dyno tuned after the install. Is there a way to adjust the idle manually or does it have to be done with a tuner? I guess I might just buy a new IAC and give it a try..

cbrown9064
10-31-2007, 08:48 PM
I had idle problems also (although not supercharged) and a new IAC settled things down. On my '96 if you unplugged the IAC the car would die instantly. You could keep it running like you mentioned, but then it would die. Check the connection to the iac. Unplug and see if it makes a difference.

Chris