PDA

View Full Version : Parade lap for show car participants at Houston Nationals?

texaswrx
11-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Just read my email from SCMC and it stated that show car participants will be able to do a parade lap. That would be great to check out the course for those of us not driving. Any more info on this one?

JP

Looking forward to it and bringing extra cigars for Jimmy/........

Firme
11-02-2007, 10:59 PM
This year's Parade lap is going to be one hell of a site. :thumbsup:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Levi
11-03-2007, 12:12 PM
How do the kids now days say it?

Way to cool. :djsmile:

jimmysidecarr
11-03-2007, 06:31 PM
John it should be fun even at the slower speeds just to get an idea what the track is like.

Thanks for thinking of me with regards to the cigars. I will probably bring some too.

I brought 3 cigars to the TWS Porsche club events and never smoked a single one.... :rolleyes: Too much going on... I think cording 4 tires may have had something to do with it though.... :rolleyes: ;)

However last night at the HPD north side parking lot GTG by the Racetrack gas station on 2920 I was able to smoke most of one before I packed it in and spit.

Edmund is right... I suspect the photo ops will be amazing!

texaswrx
11-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I look forward to it Jimmy. I am not at the point where I want to take the Cobra on track yet. It took a couple of years with the WRX before I made a few track days.

97CasperCobra
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Bring the SVTP group to the track!!!! :thumbsup:

Angel
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Just read my email from SCMC and it stated that show car participants will be able to do a parade lap. That would be great to check out the course for those of us not driving. Any more info on this one?

JP

Looking forward to it and bringing extra cigars for Jimmy/........+1 More Info? Be sweet to see all those Rides, even the Show ones, rolling the track. :bounce: At least Angel would get a roll of it before Carl steals the keys - lol. ( I know the time is coming, indeed. :D )

Edit:

Edmond, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: , do tell. :)

97CasperCobra
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
+1 More Info?

Parade lap....probably happen around lunch time, everyone is invited to do it. the speeds will be kept down.....for safety. Not much else to tell.

Angel
11-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Parade lap....probably happen around lunch time, everyone is invited to do it. the speeds will be kept down.....for safety. Not much else to tell.
But how will that coincide with the car show judging? (Trying to figure how they do that, and judge the cars that are showing at the same time.)

SuperG
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
But how will that coincide with the car show judging? (Trying to figure how they do that, and judge the cars that are showing at the same time.)
The parade lap happens before official judging, which is between 2-4pm.

97CasperCobra
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Judging doesn't start till 2pm, WELL after the Parade Lap will be over....SCMC has done this several times, no need to worry.

Angel
11-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Judging doesn't start till 2pm, WELL after the Parade Lap will be over....SCMC has done this several times, no need to worry.
Thanks! :bounce: Drive this car two miles and it needs a full detail. :eek: ( Keep it quiet Carl :D :p ; - I'll bring the canned air. :rotf: )

Firme
11-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks! :bounce: Drive this car two miles and it needs a full detail. :eek: ( Keep it quiet Carl :D :p ; - I'll bring the canned air. :rotf: )

Emm.. a top 25 car show is not usually your standard who's car is the cleanest with the best detail type of thing. You will be fine. :D

Angel
11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Emm.. a top 25 car show is not usually your standard who's car is the cleanest with the best detail type of thing. You will be fine. :D:bounce: Angel's already happy. :grinangel: Now if only Mother Nature can give the Brat her way. :D