PDA

View Full Version : transmision oil

UAEcobra97
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
I want to change the transmission oil for my 97 cobra ... any one knows what is the serial number for the oil ? Since the agency here in UAE they just do not know

or if i should buy an after market oil that is better than the agency oil?
<!-- / message -->

Cowboy
11-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Not sure what kind of transmission you have, but I emailed the guys at TREMAC and here is what they responded with"

Ian,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thank you for your interest in the TREMEC brand product. The recommended fluid, and the factory fill, on most of our transmissions is DEXRON III MERCON ATF, (automatic transmission fluid). The T45 transmissions will hold approximately three and one half quarts, or until the fluid barely dribbles out the fill plug. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps.

Firme
11-14-2007, 08:22 AM
The 97 Cobra has a T-45 Tremec. I would go with aftermarket Red Line or Royal Purple synthetic fluid in the spec indicated in the post above.

UAEcobra97
11-18-2007, 04:07 PM
thanks guys for the help. i just want to ask do you recomend changing the transmission oil or not?

Lumpydogs
11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes you should change the Tranny fluid, it's cheap insurance. You will need a pump or other method of getting the fluid in the fill hole. (It's a bit ackward).

Alex951
11-19-2007, 01:27 AM
not meaning to hijack the thread or anything, but my trannys filled with ams-oil, is this a good thing orr ????
the previous owner said with the steeda tri-ax shifter the shift know would get hot enough to burn ur hand so he changed it to ams oil, i just dont want to end up with a damaged tranny cuz of comfort. lol i can alwasy wear a glove

SuperG
11-19-2007, 08:00 AM
not meaning to hijack the thread or anything, but my trannys filled with ams-oil, is this a good thing orr ????
the previous owner said with the steeda tri-ax shifter the shift know would get hot enough to burn ur hand so he changed it to ams oil, i just dont want to end up with a damaged tranny cuz of comfort. lol i can alwasy wear a glove
I have never heard of a hot shifter, but Amsoil and Royal Purple are prefered products around here and should not create any problems.

Upon filling the tranny, do so until fluid starts coming out of the fill hole. BTW, in order to use gravity feed (in case you do not have a pump), I used an old piece of rubber gasoline hose and ran it through the engine and into the tranny's fill hole...worked fine.

red04svtcobra
11-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I use GM syncromesh in my 04 cobra. Gears are nice and smooth going in almost as if the shifter was in water!!

Alex951
11-20-2007, 02:20 AM
thank you!:thumbsup: