PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Holiday Party 12/8

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Please join us for the First Annual SCMC CHRISTMAS Party which will take place on Saturday, December 8th at 7 p.m. at the home of David & Tanya Mizler. The CHRISTMAS Party is open to all SCMC members and their guests. This is an adult-only CHRISTMAS party so secure your sitters soon. An Evite has also be sent to everyone to keep track of RSVP's, and be sure to include a guest/spouse in your headcount. If you did NOT receive an Evite, or if I inadvertently missed any Members, let me know ASAP!

We will divide and conquer with a potluck supper. We will provide a Honeybaked ham and turkey breast, and the plates/napkins/utensils/cups. We ask everyone to chip in as follows, by LAST name:

A-G Appetizers
H-J Side Dishes
K-L Desserts
M-R Beverages (soda, etc)
S-Z Salads/Breads

If you have any questions, email me at LRFrank@comcast.net.

WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT EXCHANGE: We will participate in a gift exchange in addition to our party games. Bring something (max $20) that you believe would be an "ideal" gift for someone else. This could even be that "particular mother-in-law" present that just wasn't your style...a perfect time to "regift." Feel free to buy something new for the exchange...but the best gift is usually sitting right there in that closet...I know one year my favorite was a pink and black macrame plant hanger...you can either bring one gift per person, or one gift as a couple. The more gifts, the more to exchange...

NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEM: Please bring a non-perishable food item which we will combine into one charitable donation to the Northwest Assistance Ministries Food Pantry on behalf of our club. Let's spread the cheer with those in need this season.

ATTENDING (*PLEASE RESPOND TO THE EVITE IF POSSIBLE*):

David & Tanya
Joe & Brenda J.
Patrick & Grace
Linda
Phil & Michelle
Carl & Deb
Larry & Rachel
Jim & Jackie
Larry & Eloisa
John & Susan Himsel
Darrell & Kathy
Stan
Craig & Dyana (if she's not in LABOR!)
Gail & Jimmy
John & Marta
Keith & Angela
Todd
Chris
Edmond & Annie
Mike

SuperG
11-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes, it certainly would be fun to get together!! If we don't do this at someone's house, we could reserve a clubhouse, but we would need to know fairly quickly.

97CasperCobra
11-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm open for anything....not the 15th though. Whatever is good for whoever hosts it or whatever we can get some place. :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-16-2007, 10:03 AM
at someone's house It would be nice to have it somewhere there is a tree and some decorations...the potluck part would take the food pressure off just one person...very do-able. I've never been to YOUR house...Gary... :D

97CasperCobra
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM
the potluck part would take the food pressure off just one person...very do-able.
I'll cover desserts....my mom makes some KILLER desserts. :drool: I have no idea how I'm not 300lbs already....:dunno:

John Chingasos
11-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Sundays are the best for me

Chingasos Fajitas anyone?

SuperG
11-16-2007, 02:55 PM
It would be nice to have it somewhere there is a tree and some decorations...the potluck part would take the food pressure off just one person...very do-able. I've never been to YOUR house...Gary... :DYou are welcome anytime!! Even more so when you have Cobra parts in hand!!

Actually, there is a clubhouse in my neighborhood that would do the trick...but I am not exactly centrally located!

97CasperCobra
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Less talk...more planning. I'll ask the 'rents to see if I could host it here since we never did get a BBQ here. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
11-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I think David has volunteered to have it at his house, '03 Cobra Toy, chime in if the offer still stands :thumbsup:

Angel
11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm open for anything....not the 15th though. Whatever is good for whoever hosts it or whatever we can get some place. :thumbsup:

+1
Knowing it is a busy time of year for everyone, I'm open to go with the Majority and to the location availability. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
11-18-2007, 05:41 PM
When will we know the final decision????

I would guess the first weekend would be the best for everyone due to shopping that everyone will need to do........For ME!!!!!!.....

The Address is....

Phil needs a motor foundation
P.O. Box....Call Me
Houston,TX 77077

ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED **U.S Funds Only Please**

03 cobra toy
11-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I think David has volunteered to have it at his house, '03 Cobra Toy, chime in if the offer still stands :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: We can have party at our house on the 8th....

ORANGE CRUSH
11-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Can I change my vote from the 15th to the 8th?

Twice Bitten
11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Can I change my vote from the 15th to the 8th?

The Democrats' motto is "vote early and vote often!" so why not vote again. ;)

03 cobra toy
11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Ok... it looks like the 12/8 is the date :thumbsup:

Please post up if you are in....:D

97CasperCobra
11-20-2007, 12:29 PM
IN....do you need people to bring food/beverages/chairs/anything???

I could bring over a few desserts....:dunno:

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
IN. Kid friendly or sitter? White elephant gift exchange? Please let us know how to divide and conquer. Alphabetically or by year model? :D

03 cobra toy
11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
IN. Kid friendly or sitter? White elephant gift exchange? Please let us know how to divide and conquer. Alphabetically or by year model? :D

Sitter... Michael will be at a school dance...

Year model...

Tanya will be calling you...

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Talked to Tanya...everyone plan on getting a sitter for this gathering. More details to follow early next week. Will do a "needs" list by year model, and will be sure the "97's" get dessert for Mike's sake. ;)

Thanks again to David & Tanya for offering up their casa...looking forward to a warm Holiday get-together!

03 cobra toy
11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Talked to Tanya...everyone plan on getting a sitter for this gathering. More details to follow early next week. Thanks again to r c

adult party games?

Levi
11-20-2007, 04:20 PM
adult party games?

:surprise: :o

97CasperCobra
11-20-2007, 04:56 PM
adult party games?
Whipped Cream & Chocolate syrup is dessert.....:naughty:

93KingCobra
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
L R C..... :d

Carl G
11-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Deb and I are in :thumbsup: Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Naked Twister anyone??????:doubt:

JBoden
11-20-2007, 08:01 PM
We're most definately IN :bounce:

97CasperCobra
11-20-2007, 11:37 PM
OK...back on track.

I'll be in.......David, let me know what needs to be done to help out. I'm pretty good with a power washer....:D

backnblack
11-21-2007, 08:15 AM
we are in!

JoeJ
11-21-2007, 01:48 PM
I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Larry95
11-21-2007, 02:11 PM
we're in ;) :thumbsup:

Larry & Eloisa

Carl G
11-21-2007, 05:20 PM
And the list is growing :D David let me know what I can do to help out that day if needed. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-21-2007, 08:24 PM
I have updated the first post to include those who can make it on the 8th.:thumbsup:

Angel
11-26-2007, 01:15 PM
I have updated the first post to include those who can make it on the 8th.:thumbsup:
8th is cool. :thumbsup:

How about putting up a list of items needed and we each can decide which to bring to avoid too much of one thing and not enough of another.

I am not familiar with White Elephant gifting. Please explain ??

Levi
11-26-2007, 01:22 PM
The one and only single dude is in for what ever as always,,, I will pickup the road kill for the entree... :rotf:

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-26-2007, 01:49 PM
We are working out the division of effort as we speak. Stay tuned.

Linda, a white elephant gift exchange (or Chinese Exchange) can be done 2 ways: either we set a limit of say $10 or $20 on a gift that you buy and you wrap it without tag, then we draw numbers, pick gifts one at a time and open accordingly, and the person with the subsequent number can "steal" any gift previously opened. Then the person whose gift was stolen gets to open another, and so forth. There is a max number of times a gift can be stolen before it is "frozen." The idea here is to bring something you think people would want to "steal."
Also, there is a gag white elephant where you wrap something unwanted from your home (do NOT go out and buy something) and those are exchanged in the same manner. It is usually a riot, and a good way to "regift" those mother-in-law gifts.

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Please see first post for details!!!

Angel
11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
We are working out the division of effort as we speak. Stay tuned.

Linda, a white elephant gift exchange (or Chinese Exchange) can be done 2 ways: either we set a limit of say $10 or $20 on a gift that you buy and you wrap it without tag, then we draw numbers, pick gifts one at a time and open accordingly, and the person with the subsequent number can "steal" any gift previously opened. Then the person whose gift was stolen gets to open another, and so forth. There is a max number of times a gift can be stolen before it is "frozen." The idea here is to bring something you think people would want to "steal."
Also, there is a gag white elephant where you wrap something unwanted from your home (do NOT go out and buy something) and those are exchanged in the same manner. It is usually a riot, and a good way to "regift" those mother-in-law gifts.
Now I know what it is. :D We did that at my work once and it sure was a blast.:thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
The Evite has been sent...if you do NOT receive it let me know and I will update your email address. :bounce: Especially any new Members or prospective Members...

Twice Bitten
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Change this to a Christmas Party or I am not going :mad:

Carl G
11-27-2007, 08:42 PM

I second that :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Hey I'm ok with "Holiday"... it leaves it more open in case there are Jewish folks coming...

As long as it's not a Holiday Jihad I'm in!!..... LOL!!

Twice Bitten
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
LARRY FRANK WILL DRESSING AS AND PLAYING SANTA!!! :p

I guess I will bring my favorite elf all dressed up :p , you will look real good in green tights Mikey :rotf:

97CasperCobra
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
I guess I will bring my favorite elf all dressed up :p , you will look real good in green tights Mikey :rotf:
I retired as your elf when I graduated.....Stan is your new elf as of late.... :p

Twice Bitten
11-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Stan is a great freind, but you are an Elf! :D

ORANGE CRUSH
12-01-2007, 01:22 AM

I third III that!

Bartman01
12-01-2007, 02:51 AM

What if we called it a Festivus party?

93KingCobra
12-01-2007, 08:50 AM
If we call it a X-mas party are we still P.C.

03 cobra toy
12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
John G and Martha are in :thumbsup:

Levi
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I retired as your elf when I graduated.....Stan is your new elf as of late.... :p

That's Mr Jedi Elf to you my padawan. :starwars:

Stan is a great freind, but you are an Padawan Elf! :D

:love:

ScreaminMystic
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I would love to go, just need a ride to and from ( LINDA :D) as the beater will not make too many more trips anywhere....should be fun, i turn 27 on the 11th ...yay for me ....im rolling down the hill to 30 now....WOW <----old man

Angel
12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I would love to go, just need a ride to and from ( LINDA :D) as the beater will not make too many more trips anywhere....should be fun, i turn 27 on the 11th ...yay for me ....im rolling down the hill to 30 now....WOW <----old man
My 'Beater is working fine :D - so I can give you a ride since I have to drive right by you. :thumbsup:

:spoke: You gotta get your Mysti a new clutch and get out and enjoy with us.

SuperG
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes...then we get to wrestle!

Twice Bitten
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM

You can have a Festivus party after the Christmas party. :cool:

Levi
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I have two questions :twitchy: . What side dishes do I bring :dunno:
and now for the really important question, how do I cook them? :retard:

:doh2:

Mrs TwiceBitten
12-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Stan, I will visit with you tomorrow night about that. I hope nobody will let the "potluck" aspect scare them off...we are all here for each other and we will divide and conquer where needed. Anyone with specific questions please PM me. :yup:

Levi
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
"potluck" aspect scare them off... Anyone with specific questions...

:what:
I have been divorced for more then ten years, at present I have no girl friend and I eat dinner out every night.

:scratch:
Hey I know, could I bring some trail mix and fried grasshoppers.

:jk:

jimmysidecarr
12-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I have been divorced for more then ten years, at present I have no girl friend and I eat dinner out every night.

I love trail mix!!! :D :thumbsup:

Mrs TwiceBitten
12-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Don't forget you have Cub Scout popcorn over here...:D

Levi
12-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I can hear it now, they will be talking about it for years……………….

Stan brought the greatest side dishes for the x-mas party,,, trail mix, fried grasshoppers and cheese flavored popcorn. Yummy! ;)

ScreaminMystic
12-03-2007, 11:32 PM
CHEEEEEEEEEASY POPCOOOORN !!! YES :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bou nce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Angel
12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
I can hear it now, they will be talking about it for years……………….

Stan brought the greatest side dishes for the x-mas party,,, trail mix, fried grasshoppers and cheese flavored popcorn. Yummy! ;)
Hey, I'll eat the Trail Mix and Popcorn:cool: ; - but X-Nay on the Fried Grasshoppers. :eek:

It's the people here, not the food. :)

lol With all the Ladies around here, someone can help you cook something if you ask. :thumbsup:

Carl G
12-04-2007, 02:54 PM

We need to get you a woman :D That should be our new years resolution for the club. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
lol With all the Ladies around here, someone can help you cook something if you ask. :thumbsup:

What she said :eek: Hint Hint

97CasperCobra
12-04-2007, 03:18 PM
We need to get you a woman :D That should be our new years resolution for the club. :thumbsup:
What he said..... ;)

SuperG
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Or for Christmas!!!:rotf:

Levi
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
She needs to be around for longer then just one event, get my drift. :spimpin:

And Y’all are enjoying my pain way to much………

:run:

Evilcartman
12-04-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm looking forward to this. I wish I could make it out to the Tuesday night meets more often. Since it is an adult party, are we banning cameras?

97CasperCobra
12-05-2007, 09:24 AM
are we banning cameras?
Ummmmm....NO

Mrs TwiceBitten
12-07-2007, 10:28 AM
LAST MINUTE REQUESTS!

Beverages: We will have tea, coffee, sodas, and Water Moccasins in the margarita machine. If anyone prefers beer...feel free to bring some to throw in the cooler!

ON THAT NOTE...anyone who doesn't have a designated driver or "tipsy tow"...the host has offered to let anybody who partakes in too much cheer to throw down a sleeping bag at their place. We want this to be a fun but safe party and for everyone to get home safely. Friends don't let friends...

DON'T FORGET: Your white elephant gift(s), your food item to share, a few $$dollar bills$$ in case we play LCR, your camera, a non-perishable food item if you are inclined to donate to NAM, and your Christmas Cheer!

Again, please PM or email me at LRFrank@comcast.net if you have any questions.

SEE YOU THERE!

97CasperCobra
12-07-2007, 11:41 AM
DON'T FORGET: Your white elephant gift(s), your food item to share, a few $$dollar bills$$ in case we play LCR, your camera, a non-perishable food item if you are inclined to donate to NAM, and your Christmas Cheer!

Question:
White Elephant: are we bringing stuff people would actually want...or 10 year old stuff found in attics???

Mrs TwiceBitten
12-07-2007, 11:45 AM
That would be up to you...we are bringing one of each...

JBoden
12-07-2007, 05:23 PM
"a few $$dollar bills$$ in case we play LCR"

In my case - I need to bring a bag full of dollars - since I can never seem to be on the winning side of the table. :mad: CAN'T WAIT :eek: :bounce: :bounce: