PDA

View Full Version : Reichard Racing Supercharger Spacer

cobrachris
11-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Just hoping someone had installed one and had any tips. I bought one for a great deal on eBay to go with my Steigmeier ported Eaton and plan on installing over the holiday. I can't find any install instructions online and they sent me the wrong ones. Is it worth the hassle? Thanks, CobraChris

GodStang
11-20-2007, 08:18 AM
From what I heard most people have problems with them once they are installed and then yank them off. I have yet to hear from someone that had good results from them. A guess a big reason they never caught on.

InfamousSVT
12-13-2007, 04:21 AM
The hp gains aren't really worth the hassle unless you're pushing BIG power. I had one on my 04' Took a little time to install, but never had any issues with it as far as function problems. Make sure you have a gasket on the top and bottom and take your time straightening everything out before tighting down.:thumbsup:

XyX
12-13-2007, 04:24 AM
It's like a throttle body spacer?

InfamousSVT
01-11-2008, 04:50 PM
It's like a throttle body spacer?
Yeah pretty much, just a half inch aluminum plate that goes between the s/c and lower intake. Also depending on what s/c you are putting it on you may have hood clearance issues and if you have a strut tower brace it ain't going to work unless you get a custom one made.

cemeflybyu
01-15-2008, 08:58 AM
IS the purpose to increase torque or is it for cooling?

ie. a Phenolic spacer on a pushrod 5.0L

ORANGE CRUSH
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Yep, Cooling.