PDA

View Full Version : Broke my Brake Line - Send Help!

SuperG
11-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Arrrgggghhh!! I am so stupid...but that goes without saying.

Changing out the street pads from the track pads I somehow twisted the brake line from the caliper. What do I need to fix this? It seems the I only need a new line and a fitting on the other end...hoping the fitting screws into the caliper. I need your advice and where to buy parts. Also, while we're at it, where do I get those little pin clip things that hold the caliper pin?

Here's a couple of pics:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2183000-2183999/2183045_48_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2183000-2183999/2183045_49_full.jpg

tazzracing1
11-19-2007, 10:43 PM
The c clip can be bought at any parts store, I'm not sure where to go and buy your brake line in your area. Here I would have my friend make it up for me.

PETSNKE
11-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Those braided hoses should be replaced every couple years anyway on a car that is used for open track. The banjo fitting block that is still on your caliper is part of the hose. I have a extra set of front Russell hoses, PM if your interested. I had to buy a 4-line set in order to get the rear lines.

I prefer the c-clip that Ford sells better than what I found found at the hardware store because they were a little thicker. The copper washers for the banjo fittings are also better than what is supplied by the aftermarket.

SuperG
11-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys...I'll take a quick look around here and see what I can find.

jimmysidecarr
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Those braided hoses should be replaced every couple years anyway on a car that is used for open track. The banjo fitting block that is still on your caliper is part of the hose. I have a extra set of front Russell hoses, PM if your interested. I had to buy a 4-line set in order to get the rear lines.

I prefer the c-clip that Ford sells better than what I found found at the hardware store because they were a little thicker. The copper washers for the banjo fittings are also better than what is supplied by the aftermarket.

Yep... part of the hose... If it's a rush deal try Tommie Vaughn Ford here in town.

SuperG
11-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Unfortuantely no one seems to have even the OEM hoses in stock, so I am going to get Larry's (see above post) braided lines.

In the meantime, I am driving the '97...I forgot how much I love that whistle!!