PDA

View Full Version : Christmas comes early

Carl G
11-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Just got my Christmas gift ordered. Something I really have been wanting. New Milwaukee 28 Volt 1/2 Drive cordless impact wrench. Be here in 5 days. Got the kit with charger and 2 batteries with case. 325 lbs of torque, should be enough to do the job. :eek: Now I can change tires in no time at the track.

SuperG
11-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Sweet!!

93KingCobra
11-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I have been wanting one of those for a long time....

Carl G
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM

Always willing to help my cobra buddies when in need. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
11-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Was it this one???

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_612105_612105

Carl G
11-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Was it this one???

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_612105_612105

No it was 28 volt, 325 ft Lb, for some reason you get twice the battery life with a 28 volt. Different type of batteries?

jimmysidecarr
11-25-2007, 10:45 PM
No it was 28 volt, 325 ft Lb, for some reason you get twice the battery life with a 28 volt. Different type of batteries?

Thanks Carl!!
Yea I think so...they might be Lithium Ion...
or maybe Plutonium/Diglycertaniumethldirkadirkaloid. :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

I think this one should be enough for me though.. comes with 2 batteries and a charger... and 270 ft lbs is enough to break off most stuff I'll be using it on...lol! I have not bought it yet... printed out the page and left it on my desk....lol
Manipulating old bastard that I can be... :naughty:

True about the higher voltage batts and longer charge life... I believe that is charge life right?? and not actual battery life??? These battery powered units are still kind of new to me. :doubt:

Very cool tools though!! :thumbsup:

Carl G
11-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks Carl!!

I think this one should be enough for me though.. comes with 2 batteries and a charger... and 270 ft lbs is enough to break off most stuff I'll be using it on...lol! I have not bought it yet... printed out the page and left it on my desk....lol

True about the higher voltage batts and longer charge life... I believe that is charge life right?? and not actual battery life??? These battery powered units are still kind of new to me. :doubt:

It is charge life not battery life.

97CasperCobra
11-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Why...at this rate there will be PLENTY to borrow.... ;)

03 cobra toy
11-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Just got my Christmas gift ordered. Something I really have been wanting. New Milwaukee 28 Volt 1/2 Drive cordless impact wrench. Be here in 5 days. Got the kit with charger and 2 batteries with case. 325 lbs of torque, should be enough to do the job. :eek: Now I can change tires in no time at the track.

:thumbsup: Very nice Carl !!

03 cobra toy
11-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks Carl!!

I would say around 300+lb of touque...

The one I have is 350lb...

jimmysidecarr
11-26-2007, 12:25 PM
I would say around 300+lb of touque...

The one I have is 350lb...

You think 30 less foot pounds will be an issue??? I only need it for zapping lug nuts at the track.

Anytime I need BIG TORQUE(like for the rear axle hub nuts), I use a breaker bar and a pipe... one of two things always happens...

1. It loosens and comes off...

or

2. It breaks and comes off... :D

Angel
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
You think 30 less foot pounds will be an issue??? I only need it for zapping lug nuts at the track.

Anytime I need BIG TORQUE(like for the rear axle hub nuts), I use a breaker bar and a pipe... one of two things always happens...

1. It loosens and comes off...

or

2. It breaks and comes off... :D
:rotf: ....Just borrow Carl's. :thumbsup:

gfcobra
02-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Just got my Christmas gift ordered. Something I really have been wanting. New Milwaukee 28 Volt 1/2 Drive cordless impact wrench. Be here in 5 days. Got the kit with charger and 2 batteries with case. 325 lbs of torque, should be enough to do the job. :eek: Now I can change tires in no time at the track.Carl G,

Have you tried out your new toy? Does it break loose the lug nuts or do you have to free them up first?
Thanks Gary.

Carl G
02-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Carl G,

Have you tried out your new toy? Does it break loose the lug nuts or do you have to free them up first?
Thanks Gary.

It knocks them right off. You dont need to break them free first.