PDA

View Full Version : 03 Cobra Clutch ?

Blwnhp
11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
This is the 3rd clutch in 39,000 miles, never raced on the track or strip. First 2 were covered by the dealer. The 3rd one they installed free labor and I provided a Centerforce. Recently its really hard to get into 1st at a stop or reverse. Did the adjustment at the petal, made a big differeance for several weeks. Now at cold start is very hard to get into reverse. Hard shifting in all gears. Any thouhgts on if this could be cured by changing the stock quadrant and cable adjuster or is it time for a new clutch. Any recommendations?

cobrachris
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I have heard of people having this problem with Centerforces clutches. But, having this problem with two stock clutches prior concerns me. What type of Centerforce did you install? Do you ever do any speed-shifting? If so, you may need an input shaft upgrade as well as new clutch. I had a similar problem with my stock clutch and upgraded clutch to a Spec Stage 3+, 26 Spline input shaft, new Fidanza Billet Aluminum flywheel, and heavy duty bearing retainer. Problems solved.