PDA

View Full Version : Diablosport Predator Tuner

tomsgarage
11-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I just bought a Diablsport Predator Tuner off of Ebay, and I am wondering what to expect as far as performance increase when I use the canned tune that came with the tuner. Also, I am wondering how difficult an install will be.

The only mods I have done as far as the engine is concerned is Steeda CAI and Steeda Catback exhaust. I am not looking for ultimate horsepower as the car is used mostly for Open Track events, and weekend driving. I thought that if I can get a 20 horsepower increase, and keep the durabilty and longevity of this motor, I will be a happy camper!

Any thoughts?

kevinflick03
11-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Insallation of the tune isn't hard, justafollow the instructions on the tuner.As far as power gains, you will notice a little it but it is nothing like a custom tune (by Pro Dyno of course). Either way you should enjoy the new found power. Good luck. :thumbsup:

cobrachris
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I AGREE WITH kEVIN, BUT A PULLEY INSTALL WILL HELP TO MAXIMIZE THE TUNER.

tomsgarage
12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Installed the tune then went to CMP the next day and all I can say is WOW! Predator canned tune really woke up the car. The big difference seemed to be in the torque curve, as I was having to relearn feathering the throttle as I was coming out of the corners. The car wanted to jump off the corners even stronger than before!

Question for you all..is there anything I need to worry about with this tune, such as running too lean or rich, etc..? Let me know your thoughts!

SuperG
12-12-2007, 12:32 PM
You really need to put her on a dyno and get the A/F checked through the rpm's.Sounds like the Predator did its job though, huh?

Linn@Amazon
12-12-2007, 03:49 PM
the only way to know for sure if the tune is functioning properly is to check the AF and do some datalogging.. you can do that with the Preditor but to check the AF you will need to go to a dyno or buy your own portable wide band

you will benefit from a custom tune tho over the canned Preditor tune.. yur tuner will datalog the runs and adjust the parameters with his live tuning software to give you a optimal tune..