PDA

View Full Version : Winter karting event

PMad
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately I'm not able to organize the karting event at F1 this winter. My wife has been diagnosed with colon cancer and we are going through a barrage of tests and a probable week long hospital stay after surgery. This along with the regular holiday commitments doesn't allow me enough time to organize the event. I'll keep you posted if things change.

mojosvt
12-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I am sorry to hear that Pat. I know I live a long distance way, but I work as a Head Nurse in the James Cancer Hospital that is a part of Ohio State Medical Center. If you would need any references, please shoot me an e-mail.

Mike

PMad
12-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Mike, thanks for the help. I really appreciate the support. My wife is also a nurse which, as you know, isn't always a good thing when something like this happens. She knows the worst case scenario. We've been this before with breast cancer 5 years ago. She has medical friends all over the Boston area and she'll be in good hands. The surgery is scheduled for the Tuesday before Christmas and she'll probably be in until after the holiday. We'll have a better handle on what we're up against after that.

Thanks

mojosvt
12-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I will keep her in my prayers.

mojo dad
12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Pat,
I hope your wife will feel the prayers coming from Ohio. My wife and I will keep her and your family in our prayers.
Mark M. (Mike's dad)

PMad
12-25-2007, 10:05 AM
An update on my wife:

She had the surgery last Weds and everything went as expected. Her recovery has gone well with no set backs. We will have biopsy results next week when the staples are removed.

If all goes well she could be coming home today :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the support and I hope you and your families have a Merry Christmas,