PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak...

SSStang
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Need some help gentlemen (and ladies:D ). I am having a pretty bad exhuast leak coming from my driver side at the heads. I am pretty sure its just from my header bolts have backed out some... the question is this, These headers are a pain to get to, any easier way to tighten these bolts up then actually having to pull everything apart underneath the car? thanks!

Also, just changed out my plugs and TONS of oil:eek: on my passenger side forward plug! its causing a mis-fire. Give me the worst and the best situations for this please...:( Is she dying on me?

Thanks,

Brian
"SSStang"

cobrabitn
12-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Oil on the plugs is probably one of two items....you have a leak on the valve cover and it is getting on the plugs (best case scenario) or you have a blown head gasket. (Worse case scenario) :scratch:

I never changed out my headers because they are a PITA and the couple of extra hp is not worth the expense or headache. :(

SSStang
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
I sure hope that its valve cover but I will definately check those two things. A mechanic buddy of mine told me it could be blown piston rings... that had me worried.

I hope somebody can give me some know how on the header problem, thanks though.

Brian
"SSStang"