PDA

View Full Version : Stainless works exhaust

m571032
12-08-2007, 09:03 PM
I finally installed my stainless works exhaust this summer. At first I did not know if I liked it. I guess I have just gotten used to hearing 302's with flow masters and I do like that sound but I wanted something different. My wife did not want a loud car she hates drawing the attention. You all should have seen the look on her face when she picked up one of the mufflers and looked straight through the 3" opening ha ha. Anyway I was really impressed with the sound. At idle very mellow and actually kind of quiet and at highway speeds it does not drownd you out with no notice of that anoying drown. When you put the hammer down I have actually seen people roll their windows up. The sound is loud but has a sort of exotic sound to it. I do recommend this to anyone that wants something different. The torque output seems a little less down low with the loss of back pressure but seems to have picked it up a bit higher in the rpm range. I took her to the drag strip too this summer for the first time. Now listen I am no drag racer I have no idea how to launch the car or anything like that. Also I didn't want to break anything so I was conservitive. I drove around the water box, did not do a burn out, the night was cool too, and I did spin a bit off the line and I shifted the car no speed shifting. et 13.01 at 110.5mph. I love this car.:)

cobrabitn
12-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Your speed will put you in the low 12's! :D I have the Magnaflow on my 04 and it sounds very quiet at idle but hit the throttle and all h*ll breaks loose! :thumbsup: Glad you got something you like... :)