PDA

View Full Version : Does this seem right ????

JayTee
12-21-2007, 01:14 AM
I have a Steggy Stage III, 2.8 upper, 6 lb lower, a JLT 12" CAI, SCT X-3, and SCT MAF among some of my mods and only pulled 477RWHP on the dyno this week, I don't know what kind of dyno machine was used, I wasn't there.

What could the problem be? I only have 30K on the motor. Here is a link to the dyno pull and the results.
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=100_0646.flv (http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/shoguy89/Cobra%20Fuel%20System/?action=view&current=100_0646.flv)

Does this sound right to any of you? I was seriously expecting to confirm 530 RWHP, am I off the mark to expect that level with these mods?

JayTee

03slidewayzSVT
12-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Post a dyno sheet...

mfelice03
12-21-2007, 12:55 PM
At what boost were you running and is Steggy III a ported, stock Eaton?

JayTee
12-21-2007, 02:20 PM
The boost got up to 18psi and began falling by 4500 RPM. Steggy is short for Stiegemeier ( http://www.stiegemeier.com/ ) it's a ported Eaton.

I've asked the administrator to post a picture of the dyno sheet for me, I don't have that permission on my profile (yet?). In addition to the 477 HP the motor made 540 lbs of torque.

mfelice03
12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
I have a very similar setup in my car, 60 lb injectors, ported Eaton, dual pass rad, KBPAP, SCT chip, 2400, 6lb lower. I don't have headers.

I just had my car dyno'd two days ago and it was 485 on a dyno jet. I took it to Excessive Motorsport in Manassas VA and they waited at least 30 min between pulls so the car could cool. They said the timing on it was conservative and I'd estimate is might be capable of 500 but no more. Sounds like the next thing for you is an upgraded SC.

JayTee
12-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the input, I guess my expectations were too high. As I'm deployed right now I don't have access to the car. the Speed Shop drives it back and forth as I put money in to it.

How does your car HP compare to other cars on the street? I assume that you have similar torque as well? Is it a beast or what?

JayTee

cobrabitn
12-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Jay Tee you should have around 510 to 525 rwhp on a dynojet with that combination. You can also post pics now! :thumbsup:

mfelice03
12-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Right now, our cars are pretty similar. Have you ever taken it to the drag strip? After I took mine and ran it a few times, I knew there was now way the HP was over 500. The reality of what you have and what you think you should have can be two different things. If they can tune your car to 525 I'd definitely go for it unless you have the cash for over 600 hp. Of course it really depends on what you want to do with the car.

My car goes in early Jan for the KB 2.6. They'll tune it for 18 lbs of boost on 93 octane which will be slightly over 600 hp.

03slidewayzSVT
12-21-2007, 11:29 PM
My car with a stiegemeier stage 4 port 2.76 upper, 4lb lower and ported throttle body and plenum, long tube headers, O/R H-pipe...My car made 550 RWHP and 550 RWTQ on a dyno jet with a custom tune from Dan @ Pro-Dyno....

blueblazes
12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
post a graph that would better help diagnose your power expectations. Also if you can list the shop maybe someone knows what dyno they use, different dynos read differently so thats something to keep in mind.

FWT0310th
12-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I have similar mods and made 476 with a safe tune. Couldn't get more due to air/fuel. Had a boost a pump installed and now make 495 RWHP and 520 ft-lbs.

William
12-27-2007, 06:50 PM
The guys that tune my car at Springfield motorsport suggest going with long tube headers and a full 3in. exhaust. Once the 3in. exhaust was installed, using the same pulley, my boost level dropped from 14 to 9 lbs and made the same hp. we then put on a 2.8 pulley and made an additional 97 ponies to the wheels :thumbsup:

Cobras need to breath!!!

FWT0310th
12-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Another thought would be to fully port your blower. You mentioned a stage 3 port. The guy that tunes my car said he doesn't believe in all this stage BS. Port it all the way and be done with it.

Just a thought!

03slidewayzSVT
12-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Look to see if there is a serial number on the front bottom of the blower...All Stiegemeier ports have a number stamped on them....Oh and belt slip is a B1tch too....Do you have a aux. idler pulley???

William
12-29-2007, 10:51 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/phineyfoo/Cobra-W210HPR.jpg

Throw a Whipple W210HPR on her and call it a day, bro! :thumbsup:

FWT0310th
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
477RWHP sounds about right for your setup give or take a few HP's. Again, I have a ported blower, 2.8 upper, Accufab TB & Plenum, KB BAP, LT headers etc, etc. and I make 495RWHP on a safe tune.

blk04cobra1
01-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Im sure it was stated above, but every dyno will read different...you may also be on a safe tune with minimal timing...if you really want to see how you stack up, run it at the track and your trap speed will tell you if you're putting down more power than the dyno reads :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
You may be running out of fuel, plus humidity and the air temps where the car was dyno'd will have a little play in your numbers. Just remember though they are just numbers. With a set of upgraded injectors/fuel pumps you can get even more out of the car with a more aggresive tune. Make sure you have a safe air/fuel most importantly and then take it to the track and see what difference it made.

Good luck :thumbsup:

JayTee
01-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Response edited

JayTee
01-19-2008, 03:28 AM
You may be running out of fuel, plus humidity and the air temps where the car was dyno'd will have a little play in your numbers. Just remember though they are just numbers. With a set of upgraded injectors/fuel pumps you can get even more out of the car with a more aggresive tune. Make sure you have a safe air/fuel most importantly and then take it to the track and see what difference it made.

Good luck :thumbsup:I wish you were right man, but I have the KB BAP and new fuel rails. Thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate the thought.

JT

JayTee
01-19-2008, 03:32 AM
The guys that tune my car at Springfield motorsport suggest going with long tube headers and a full 3in. exhaust. Once the 3in. exhaust was installed, using the same pulley, my boost level dropped from 14 to 9 lbs and made the same hp. we then put on a 2.8 pulley and made an additional 97 ponies to the wheels :thumbsup:

Cobras need to breath!!!
Not sure if it's listed on my profile, but I have a Bassani off road X pipe and BBK full legnth headers.

JayTee
01-19-2008, 03:36 AM
Im sure it was stated above, but every dyno will read different...you may also be on a safe tune with minimal timing...if you really want to see how you stack up, run it at the track and your trap speed will tell you if you're putting down more power than the dyno reads :thumbsup:
As soon as I get back to the ATL area I would like to try both the track and Road Atlanta. My singular concern is that competition would over take me and I wouldn't be able to play nice with the other old guys (I'm over 40). :rolleyes:

JayTee
01-19-2008, 03:38 AM

I wish you were right man, but I have the KB BAP and new fuel rails. Thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate the thought.

JT

JayTee
01-19-2008, 03:43 AM

I wish I could agree, but I have a KB BAP and new fuel rails. I've also have larger diameter fuel lines from the tank to the rails fabricated and installed. I think the other guys are right, I need a bigger S/C.

JayTee
01-19-2008, 03:44 AM
At what boost were you running and is Steggy III a ported, stock Eaton?
Steggy Stage III with 18 lbs of boost.

JayTee
01-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Post a dyno sheet...
Sorry for the late reply. Holidays got in the way.

JayTee
01-19-2008, 04:20 AM

I wish you were right man, I have a KB BAP and custom (larger diameter) fuel lines (x2) from the tank (one line dedicated) to each rail and 60# injectors. Not being closed minded, just letting you know. More suggestions - please.

JayTee
01-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Another thought would be to fully port your blower. You mentioned a stage 3 port. The guy that tunes my car said he doesn't believe in all this stage BS. Port it all the way and be done with it.

Just a thought!I agree with you, I bought it with the stage 3. If I put any $ into the S/C I'll start over and go with a polished Whipple like William in the previous post. To me.. those pics of the polished whipple are better than ... you know. OM goodness.

spitfire
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Your numbers look about right to me. Mine is a little higher because I am running the Cog Pulley system, so there is no belt slip. Also I don't don't have a ported S/C I only gained 10Rwhp with the cog pulley system, but gained over 80Rwtrq

I guess my next option is to remove the S/C and either port it and polish it or replace it with a Whipple. Either way, I need a polished one! I am more for show than go!