PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about upgrades???

mfelice03
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Whether you want a KB supercharger or not, the article below is good and talks about several of the common bolt ons most Cobra owners probably have. Interesting results on what headers actually do for the HP. If you want to break deep into 500 hp, turbo or an upgraded SC is the only way to do it.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/Cobra_LightningTechTips.pdf

Here's a good one on boost - HP - and 1/4 mile times. I thought my car had a lot more HP based on adding up what each mod advertised as an HP gain, boy was I wrong. Needless to say, I'm getting a KB 2.6 installed in Jan-08 once it comes in....

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/CobraBigBoreBoostPulleyRatio.pdf

03slidewayzSVT
12-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Sounds like you need to be reading and upgrading yourself....Because a 8 second 1/8 is slow for a modded Cobra....:D

mfelice03
12-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the advice, that's pretty observant of you...the post is meant for people who are just starting to mod their Cobras, like me.:p

blueblazes
12-26-2007, 05:42 PM
I had a hell of a time getting out of the 8's. My problem was traction related just to much torque for the bfgs. My biggest problem was the size of the tires, I didnt have anything other than 18" saleens so my drag radials had almost no sidewall and that resulted in me having no flex in the wheel so they just spun. If you wanna hit the track get you some good 15-17" wheels with some good slicks with some sidewall:thumbsup:

Shane361
12-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Traction is usually the problems with our cars. It really pisses me off when I run an 8 in my Cobra and mid 7's in my older GT Mustang with 100 less HP-Shane

William
12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Sounds like you need to be reading and upgrading yourself....Because a 8 second 1/8 is slow for a modded Cobra....:D
It ain't slow. 90% of the Cobra's I see at the track are running high 8's in the 1/8th. The fast Cobra's I see are all running solid axle setups. I hate the IRS on my Cobra and will be selling it soon to convert over to the 8.8 myself. :thumbsup: