PDA

View Full Version : Houston St. Arnold's Brewery Tour Jan 12 2008

joesgt281
12-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Okay guys, a few of us at Westside Mustangs have been discussing planning an event like this for a few months now, but I think we have a rough sketch...

St. Arnolds Brewery holds tours every Saturday at 1:00pm

$5 for adults and kids are free

All paid attendees will receive a souvenir tasting glass

The tour will last about 45 minutes and there will be free beer tasting until about 3:00pm

This will be held Saturday, January 12th.

Ideally, it would be cool for NS, SS, ES, and WS to meet up in their respected places, and cruise out together to meet up at the brewery about noon to talk and get caught up.

Afterwards there is talk about food. The idea was brought up about BJs Brewhaus at Willowbrook.

You can follow the planning at:
http://www.westsidemustangs.com/forums/index.php?topic=76356.0

Join us for a great time!

:thumbsup:

Here's a map:

http://www.saintarnold.com/contact/Map_big.jpg[/QUOTE]

SuperG
12-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Sounds like fun!

joesgt281
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
We'll try and set up some meeting places around town to cruise over to St. Arnold's.

What side of town are you in Gary?

joesgt281
01-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm SURE there's more beer aficianado's on here than just Gary and me!

97CasperCobra
01-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Got a friend's baby shower to go to(couple party)...if I can get out of it then I may be in.

SuperG
01-03-2008, 11:51 AM
We'll try and set up some meeting places around town to cruise over to St. Arnold's.

What side of town are you in Gary?
I am on the west side near I-10 and Fry...

joesgt281
01-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Got a friend's baby shower to go to(couple party)...if I can get out of it then I may be in.
Once your wife finds out you're in the
Member: "Texas Demon Hell Snakes who eat small children" secret society :firedevil

she probably won't want you there at all, lol!
Otherwise, you'll have a helluva time getting out of it! :rotf:

joesgt281
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
me too!
I'll be leading the group from the West side, meeting up at Texas Borders some time beforehand.

SuperG
01-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Then I'll stay in touch and as long as that day stays freed up...I'll meet up with you guys!

93Hatch
01-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I'd love to go so I can meet some of you. That day, as of now, is free for me. Of course that can change in the blink of an eye. A friend of mine mentioned hanging out that weekend, but with his insane work schedule, he may cancel again (more than likely).

Put me down as a maybe. Oh, and I'm in Katy as well.

joesgt281
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I'd love to go so I can meet some of you. That day, as of now, is free for me. Of course that can change in the blink of an eye. A friend of mine mentioned hanging out that weekend, but with his insane work schedule, he may cancel again (more than likely).

Put me down as a maybe. Oh, and I'm in Katy as well.
Alright, another Katy-ite :thumbsup:
Well you're sure welcome to bring your buddy along too.
And this deal has multiple parts so if you can only make one, that'd be great too.

joesgt281
01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Cruise-ins to St. Arnolds will originate at the following locations and times:
- West will meet at Texas Borders, Fry Rd north of I-10....meet at 10:30, depart at 11:15 (coordinator: joesgt281)
- North will meet at Starbucks Willowbrook, next to Chipotle. 1960 opposite side of the mall. We meet in the back in front of the Room Store. Say around 1030am. Roll out at 1130am (coordinator: Nick)
- South/SE will meet up at AMC 30 Beltway @ 45 say around 10:30, and roll out from there (coordinator: SVTAdam)
- East/NE - no coordinator at this time

Only 4 days till the big event.
Got about 22 people expressing an interest right now.
:bounce:

Angel
01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
+1 But Joe already knows that. :D

I'll go if I don't get accepted into the TWS course on Saturday. There's a wait list. :eek:

joesgt281
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
+1 But Joe already knows that. :D

I'll go if I don't get accepted into the TWS course on Saturday. There's a wait list. :eek:
well hope you get the chance to do that sometime....i know I'd love to.
the deal at the MSR at Angleton a few weeks ago was awesome, even though I was a spectator.
you know where we're leaving from, but let me know when you find out so i can get a good head count.

joesgt281
01-11-2008, 01:28 PM
OK folks, it's just one day away!

Here's the final details so you have no excuse for not being at the right place at the right time!!!

St.Arnold's Brewery Tour and More on Saturday, January 12th!

First, area coordinators will gather up our crews from various parts of the city and lead them in to our first stop....St.Arnold's Brewery (2522 Fairway Park Dr.)!

This local institution provides tours every Saturday beginning at 1pm.

After a fitting education on the art of brewing, our second stop will be Corvettes and Classics, a dealer of some outstanding muscle machines, near I-45 and 1960.

And finally we will work our way to BJ's Brewhaus at Willowbrook Mall for some great food and more hanging out, checking out each others rides, and bench-racing.

Cruise-ins to St. Arnolds will originate at the following locations and times:
- West will meet at Texas Borders, Fry Rd north of I-10....meet at 10:30, depart at 11:15 (coordinator: joesgt281)
- North will meet at Starbucks Willowbrook, next to Chipotle. 1960 opposite side of the mall. We meet in the back in front of the Room Store. Say around 1030am. Roll out at 1130am (coordinator: Nick)
- South/SE will meet up at AMC 30 Beltway @ 45 say around 10:30, and roll out from there (coordinator: SVTAdam)
- East/NE - no coordinator at this time

This in NOT a Mustangs-only event. Anybody that has a love of cars and wants to join in is welcome.

To follow the chatter on this event, and to get a good head count, please go to: http://www.westsidemustangs.com/forums/index.php?topic=76356.0 (http://www.westsidemustangs.com/forums/index.php?topic=76356.0)

The weather forcast looks good so join us for a great time!

Angel
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
well hope you get the chance to do that sometime....i know I'd love to.
the deal at the MSR at Angleton a few weeks ago was awesome, even though I was a spectator.
you know where we're leaving from, but let me know when you find out so i can get a good head count.
TWS is a go, so I won't be able to make the tour this time. TWS for instruction is not too often - so I have to go when the chance arrives.

Carl, I mentioned in another thread about TWS, so, if I see you there..:D

jimmysidecarr
01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I am going to try like hell to make this event!!!
Unless something unforeseen happens... COUNT ME IN!!! See y'all at Starbucks.

93Hatch
01-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm a last minute out. Some plans with friends came up and we are clear on the other side of town. DOH!

Angel
01-14-2008, 09:02 AM
I [heard] about Y'all's fun at the Brewery. :thumbsup:

I think I had a better time at TWS. :D

:eek: Vieola, in the third track session, at the infamous turns 13,14 & 15, decided she wanted to do a l'll dance. :rotf: Yes, we did the track counter-clockwise and they say it is better to learn that way; - as it corrects one's perception, keeps us from making too much speed and losing focus on the lines.

Admiral
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
I dunno, I seem to recall triple digit speeds in Turn 7 in the CCW direction, mucho fun and lotsa camber but a big pucker factor trying to crest the hill and brake for turn 8! Glad to hear you enjoyed TWS!

Angel
01-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I dunno, I seem to recall triple digit speeds in Turn 7 in the CCW direction, mucho fun and lotsa camber but a big pucker factor trying to crest the hill and brake for turn 8! Glad to hear you enjoyed TWS!
Is that the one where you see the "water towers"? Not a bad one, IF, one knows where to check the speed at. :eek: Fail to do so and it looks like it would be so easy to go straight over the side. Check the speed just a little early, and it allows for a nice acceleration out of the turn before the upcoming 'S'. :thumbsup:

I seen the skid marks all along where the speed is to be checked, where some nearly lost it. There's an 80 Deg one somewhere before there, that a lot of guys lost it at. Trick there is the angle going in and making enough speed to get out. Once, I never accelerated enough out and felt the car sway a bit.

Admiral
01-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Angel,

You see the water tower once you crest the hill, at that point all the camber is behind you already!! I exited stage right there at speed once, not a lot of fun going through the weeds and I did find a ditch that removed my chin spoiler lol.

Angel
01-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Angel,

You see the water tower once you crest the hill, at that point all the camber is behind you already!! I exited stage right there at speed once, not a lot of fun going through the weeds and I did find a ditch that removed my chin spoiler lol.
:eek: So, it's not that steep then? Hope I never find out. :D

Meaning, you never applied the brakes soon enough? :eek: It is a rather sharpness of turn to the left, after checking speed, and not much time to get on the gas prior to making the turn. One thing I learned, not enough speed can be dangerous as too much speed too. Instructor was quick to point out to us not to wait too late to brake! :thumbsup: Preschoolers; - in being eager beavers, they already know whats up. :D :rotf:

Admiral
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
:eek: So, it's not that steep then? Hope I never find out. :D

Meaning, you never applied the brakes soon enough? :eek: It is a rather sharpness of turn to the left, after checking speed, and not much time to get on the gas prior to making the turn. One thing I learned, not enough speed can be dangerous as too much speed too. Instructor was quick to point out to us not to wait too late to brake! :thumbsup: Preschoolers; - in being eager beavers, they already know whats up. :D :rotf:

No, I'm talking about exiting turn 7. You are talking about entering turn 8 I think. I went off exiting turn 7, not a braking area. Car pushed (I had put on some new rear wheels and they had a different offset, I goofed and didn't check them first) out to the right and I went straight off BEFORE I crested the hill. On the grass, the brakes were pretty meaningless, I did a lot of "left-right-left" on the wheel trying to bleed speed when I hit the ditch lol.

Either way, sounds like you had fun and welcome to the addiction! :thumbsup:

Angel
01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
No, I'm talking about exiting turn 7. You are talking about entering turn 8 I think. I went off exiting turn 7, not a braking area. Car pushed (I had put on some new rear wheels and they had a different offset, I goofed and didn't check them first) out to the right and I went straight off BEFORE I crested the hill. On the grass, the brakes were pretty meaningless, I did a lot of "left-right-left" on the wheel trying to bleed speed when I hit the ditch lol.

Either way, sounds like you had fun and welcome to the addiction! :thumbsup:- "bleed the speed" ; - that was terminology I heard several times as well. So, that was the sharp single turn you referred to and I think that was the one where the GT Supercar went off at. Had to brake before going in, yes. :thumbsup:

Addiction?!! Yes. But, in doing so, I see it is a sport to gently work ones self into. It takes a lot of learning each step of the way to get it thoroughly.

Jimmy and Carl are to blame - they "encouraged" me to do this in the most "gentle" of way. :D :rotf:

Thanks, guys, for all the input and information. :bounce: Being around you all and hearing the recounts of Y'all's experiances, did help me get comefortable with it quicker and better enable me to concentrate on what I was doing. :thumbsup:

Edit: My apologies for whoring the Brewery Thread. :angel: