PDA

View Full Version : Rear End Squat

FWT0310th
12-28-2007, 12:09 PM
I have an 03 Cobra Coupe with stock springs, stock IRS and Stock 3:55 gears. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce rear end squat during full acceleration? I get some of this and it causes the front to want to float a bit. The only suspension/chasis changes so far are Subframe connectors, IRS Brace, IRS Bushings. Any suggestions would be helpful.

JROC
12-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I was going to say SFC's but you already have them. I have stiff MM coilovers and MM valves shocks/struts, so my rearend doesn't really squat much, but it also sucks at launching because it doesn't transfer as much weight to the rear of the car. It corners much better than stock though which is exactly what I wanted it to do. Stiffer spings and shock would help you. I recommend calling Maximum Motorsports and telling them what you want, and what your budget is and they should be able to set you up with exactly what you need. Their custom service, and tech support is second to none. Very good people. :thumbsup:
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

FWT0310th
12-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the input JROC. I too am looking for better overall handling and would like to reduce the rear end squat. I am afraid of my exhaust scraping if the car is lowered with springs. I have long tubes and the exhaust seems to be pretty low to the ground already although I am not sure if it is any lower than other cobra's. The guy that tunes my car is against lowering these cars for this reason. Maybe just changing the shocks will help me reduce the issue.

William
12-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I have an 03 Cobra Coupe with stock springs, stock IRS and Stock 3:55 gears. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce rear end squat during full acceleration? I get some of this and it causes the front to want to float a bit. The only suspension/chasis changes so far are Subframe connectors, IRS Brace, IRS Bushings. Any suggestions would be helpful.Get rid of the IRS and throw a solid axle 8.8 w/panhard bar and convert to a three link setup. :thumbsup: