PDA

View Full Version : What a night

93Hatch
12-29-2007, 09:51 PM
It has been a little while...

Just got done putting on new rotors. Pulled the front wheel bearing assembly and greased the bearings, what a difference. Before my car would barely roll out of the driveway, now it flies. I decided to bed in the new rotors on the old pads. I did several 60-10-60-10 runs to get everything seated in. I saw a flash of light and I thought there was a cop behind me wondering what I was up to. I then saw the light was coming from my front rotors. Umm...wow, that was a first. I went ahead and finished my runs. I then cruised for about 20 minutes just taking it easy and letting the rotors cool off. During those runs, I have NEVER had my mustang stop so quickly before. :eek: I did a hard braking exercise once before, and the brakes faded off VERY quickly. During the run, the brakes bit in and clamped my way to the fastest stop I have ever experienced in my car. I am definitely doing this from now on, the difference is night and day.

All I have to say is thanks Jimmy for the advice in my post about going to MSR back in September. The brake info in there helped me a lot. (Long story short: school got busy, plus my wife planned a concert for the same weekend as the event, so I was unable to go.)

When is the next event? I want to try out the car on the track! (Even if I am slowest!) :D

Firme
12-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Great job Mark!!

Glad to hear the brakes are doing good.

Keep your eyes open, even though the next event we put on might not be until November, we go to other events as one big crew. Its always fun as everyone works together to make it a fun filled weekend. :thumbsup:

93Hatch
12-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Great job Mark!!

Glad to hear the brakes are doing good.

Keep your eyes open, even though the next event we put on might not be until November, we go to other events as one big crew. Its always fun as everyone works together to make it a fun filled weekend. :thumbsup:

Sounds good. I shall keep my eyes on the forum.

May be time to invest in a panhard bar. Well, after I get some 4.10's installed. Then I will be good for the track. :D

Still, the GT is no cobra. :thumbdwn:

cobrabitn
12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
If you're going to use your GT for track duty, you might not want to get 4:10's but maybe 3:55's or 373's.

93Hatch
12-31-2007, 08:50 AM
If you're going to use your GT for track duty, you might not want to get 4:10's but maybe 3:55's or 373's.
Think it will be too much gear to keep things smooth in the corners?

97CasperCobra
12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
I've got 4.10s...and after Stan rode with me at MSR, I think that's the gear he's going to go with.

Mark, I'd hold off on the gears man and save up for a TruTrac and do it all at once. Best thing you can do is invest in some SEAT TIME at the track man!!! Hope to see you out at an event with us soon man!!!

jimmysidecarr
12-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Glad the bedding in worked well for you.

Gears for a 5.0 car?? I'm thinking 3.55 or 3.73 also.

The 5.0, unless built to the moon and back makes it's power and torque much lower than a 4.6. That is why 4:10s would most likely be too much. At TWS you would likely run out of gear on the straight.

97CasperCobra
12-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Gears for a 5.0 car?? I'm thinking 3.55 or 3.73 also.
I'm under the assumption that Mark has a 2003 Mustang GT???? :dunno:

cobrabitn
12-31-2007, 05:57 PM
If it is a 5.0 then I go with my above post along with Jimmy's (3.55's or 3.73's). If it is a 4.6 then I would go with the 410's. :thumbsup:

Yes, I say 4.10's is too much for a 5.0 road course car...

jimmysidecarr
12-31-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm under the assumption that Mark has a 2003 Mustang GT???? :dunno:

Ahhhh yes I see in the sig now!

I was looking at his avatar and screen name....DUH!! :doh2:

I would do the 4:10s on a 4.6 car.

93Hatch
01-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Ahhhh yes I see in the sig now!

I was looking at his avatar and screen name....DUH!! :doh2:

I would do the 4:10s on a 4.6 car.

The avatar and the name on here reflect the car I used to own that was going to be a cobra clone. I had to ditch the car when funds got tight. Now I'm a member of the modular crew.