PDA

View Full Version : Back in the forced induction family!

gtdrivr
01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
No, it's not a cobra, but I bought an 02 WRX Sat. It moves pretty good, and slides like a dream. I think I like it! I got so I could supposedly get better gas mileage (IF I keep my foot out of it). It HAS to be better than the F150. I was averaging 14MPG with that. The WRX is TOTALLY stock. Hmmm, how long do you think THAT will last? I'll get pics up when I can. (dog chewed the patch cord for my cam, can't upload right now)

93Hatch
01-08-2008, 08:28 AM
No, it's not a cobra, but I bought an 02 WRX Sat. It moves pretty good, and slides like a dream. I think I like it! I got so I could supposedly get better gas mileage (IF I keep my foot out of it). It HAS to be better than the F150. I was averaging 14MPG with that. The WRX is TOTALLY stock. Hmmm, how long do you think THAT will last? I'll get pics up when I can. (dog chewed the patch cord for my cam, can't upload right now)

Even with your foot in a stock WRX, you'll still get better mileage than an F150.

I ran a modded one in my GT. We were side by side for a bit. I didn't start pulling on him until top of 3rd. An impressive car (it was an '05 I believe).

Enjoy it, plenty of go-fast options out there!

Angel
01-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Even with your foot in a stock WRX, you'll still get better mileage than an F150.

I ran a modded one in my GT. We were side by side for a bit. I didn't start pulling on him until top of 3rd. An impressive car (it was an '05 I believe).

Enjoy it, plenty of go-fast options out there!
The WRX's are cool. Not bad looking either. Useful for carrying people and cargo. (to a point of course) Gas Economy I imagine would be better than a big truck and you are not missing out on the fun factor. Congrats. :thumbsup:

gtdrivr
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
EPA ratings are 20/28 I believe. We all know those are spot on! If I get 22 or 23 MPG, I'll save some decent cash. I couldnt bring myself to drive a BORING car!

Angel
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
EPA ratings are 20/28 I believe. We all know those are spot on! If I get 22 or 23 MPG, I'll save some decent cash. I couldnt bring myself to drive a BORING car!
Attaway to get on the path to getting a new Snake! :thumbsup:

Many of the hot rods today are not that bad on emissions. Its govt. regulation that creates most of those extras that have to go on the car. When I got the 427R, they had to put some of the exhaust on at the Dealer to avoid the smog guys. Reason: it was a little above the regulation dB sound level! I have no idea why this would me regulated by the smog guys, but it is and this was Roush's way of getting around it. The GT500 felt choaked up; and charred the tail pipes worse when there were cats. Now I can drive her several times before cleaning them.:eek: