PDA

View Full Version : GT Fuel Pumps

mfelice03
01-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I've heard over 575 hp, it's good to get the pumps, any thoughts?

puzzle13
01-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I was told it depends upon what you are going to do with the car. Some have run almost 700 on stock pumps, but to my knowledge they are just driving them on the street. Any use on the drag strip or the open track I was told should warrant new pumps after 550 rwhp. I switched mine to GT pumps, switched the fuel control module, and the injectors, but I take mine to the open track often. To be sure you should ask your tuner!

blk04cobra1
01-20-2008, 09:46 PM
GT pumps alone have handled 800rwhp, but it also requires upgrading your FPDM to duals...I would think to start that if you went with the GT pumps and 60lb injectors that you would be fine.

puzzle13
01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
GT pumps alone have handled 800rwhp, but it also requires upgrading your FPDM to duals...I would think to start that if you went with the GT pumps and 60lb injectors that you would be fine.FPDM? Upgrade to duels? A little help Tory? I just switched the pumps using the stock hose in the tank with some hose clamps, switched the fuel control module to an upgraded one, and that is it.

InfamousSVT
01-21-2008, 02:28 AM
FPDM? Upgrade to duels? A little help Tory? I just switched the pumps using the stock hose in the tank with some hose clamps, switched the fuel control module to an upgraded one, and that is it.
The stock FPDM even upgraded can burn up when trying to run the load of two GT pumps. Upgrading to two FPDM's will help keep the load down with it balanced between the two. Makes things easier later on also when upgrading the fuel system. :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
FPDM? Upgrade to duels? A little help Tory? I just switched the pumps using the stock hose in the tank with some hose clamps, switched the fuel control module to an upgraded one, and that is it.
Infamous explained it pretty well...Mike, the power you are running should not require the dual FPDM upgrade, but if you start running your pumps a little more, then you may want to think about upgrading. The people I have seen who have upgraded are well over 600rwhp and only did it as a precaution.

blueblazes
01-22-2008, 03:41 AM
dual gt's are a great upgrade. You can get a pair for about 140 bucks shipped. Only downside is that you MUST upgrade your fpdm to either an upgraded one or to duals. I made my own dual fpdm harness for mine and cobra4me car. We are both making right at 600 to the ground <mustang dyno #'s> and the pumps arent maxed yet. I also have a fore precision works hat which helped drop duty cycle on the pumps. Any good tuner will be datalogging your duty cycle on your pumps as well as maf voltage and other things. That will be the true test of what your pumps are able to handle. I know cobra4me on stock pumps put down right at 500 on the same dyno and pumps were done without some sort of upgrade. They were at 100% duty cycle, he couldve done bap or gt's but he decided to do gt's. :thumbsup: