PDA

View Full Version : No Mufflers

COX99
01-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Hello,
I was on the autobahn and hit some debris in the road that ripped a hole in the muffler. I have removed everything from the cats back. Will driving her this way cause any damage other then loss of hearing..ha?

sssvtcobra
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
That SUCKS!! Hate to hear about it man. But it shouldn't cause any damage to your car. I don't know the laws there, but your probably over the noise ordinance if there is one.

cobrapace94
01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
The only thing I can think of is the heat on the rubber bushing in the IRS. Might prematurely wear them out (probly extreme, but can happen)? I know the side exhaust on 97 Fords F150's would cause the rear rims to discolor, was a recall\TSB on it.

COX99
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
There is a noise law, so I try not to drive her all that much. I have ordered a SLP Loudmouth cat back system for her. I hope it gets here soon. Thanks for the help!

ProfChaos
01-25-2008, 01:33 AM
There is a noise law, so I try not to drive her all that much. I have ordered a SLP Loudmouth cat back system for her. I hope it gets here soon. Thanks for the help!

You might also consider some ear plugs. :rotf:

Though you should be OK if you don't drive for more than a half hour or so, hearing loss is potentially a much bigger deal than is replacing an exhaust system. (Take it from a guitar player whose Marshall amp has blown a few holes in his hearing spectrum.) :D

cheers,
--Professor Chaos

COX99
01-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Ear Plugs..... Check, SLP Loudmouth Cat back System on the way Check... Now All I need is a few more $$ and I wil have the Twin T'S the wife said I can get... HA

VTracer
01-27-2008, 07:47 AM
not sure it you want it but...I have my stock 99 Cobra exhaust I could mail you? For a price of course :-)

COX99
01-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I think I have talked the wife in letting me get the SLP, But thank you for the offer.