PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to MSR Houston on Feb 9-10?

Exige
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Im already registered for the event on the Feb 9-10, just curious to see if any of you guys are going. This is a NASA event and the details are below. Should be fun and would be great to have a few friendly faces out there.

Motorsports Ranch Houston
Feb 9-10th
$280

To Register click the below link and then click Event Registration on the Right hand menu.
http://www.nasaproracing.com/

Admiral
01-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Looks like NASA is going to use the CCW direction. Last weekend we raced the CW direction and I think it is much better flow and enjoyed it more. I'll probably skip this event, give my wallet a rest for a few weeks. Have fun and stay safe out there! (Here's hoping you have great weather too!!) :thumbsup:

LarsJ
01-25-2008, 06:10 PM
I realy hope i can go, all i need is to save up the money for a role-bar and track fees by then (i didnt get to race last time :( ) can you post a link to where we go to sign up?

Exige
01-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I realy hope i can go, all i need is to save up the money for a role-bar and track fees by then (i didnt get to race last time :( ) can you post a link to where we go to sign up? To Register click the below link and then click Event Registration on the Right hand menu.
http://www.nasaproracing.com/

P.S. Ill be in a red Lotus Exige, if you see me come by and say Hi...

Levi
01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
I wish I could.

Looks like we have another TRACK JUNKY. :thumbsup:

Exige
01-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Looks like we have another TRACK JUNKY. :thumbsup:Ya think.. :) I have 3 track days planned at the moment.

Feb 2nd, 3rd MSR Cression
Feb 9th, 10th MSR Houston
Mar 15th Grandsport speedway

Im going to try and get a run in at TWS as well before it gets hot.

jimmysidecarr
01-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Barry

I just knew you were going to eat this stuff up!!!
I think this hobby is a great fit for you!

I know it fits me like a glove... so well in fact... that it's causing some minor wallet issues!!! LOL!

Speaking of fitting...
"Does this track make me look slow?".... LOL!

Exige
02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Barry

I just knew you were going to eat this stuff up!!!
I think this hobby is a great fit for you!

I know it fits me like a glove... so well in fact... that it's causing some minor wallet issues!!! LOL!

Speaking of fitting...
"Does this track make me look slow?".... LOL!About to head up to MSR Cresson in about an hour.. :) Looks like a fun track and should be a lot of fun. I will be ready to give you guys a run for your money at the next Cobra Club event.. ;)

Exige
02-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Here is a nice little video of my last session at MSR Cresson. Had a great time and I really love that track, not sure it loved me back though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m49GDdTjUX0

Firme
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Here is a nice little video of my last session at MSR Cresson. Had a great time and I really love that track, not sure it loved me back though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m49GDdTjUX0

Lol, you are definitely improving the driving skills :thumbsup: I pulled a similar maneuver as the ending at TWS turn 3. Didn't get on the gas quick enough to get weight to the back. :eek:

Exige
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Lol, you are definitely improving the driving skills :thumbsup: I pulled a similar maneuver as the ending at TWS turn 3. Didn't get on the gas quick enough to get weight to the back. :eek:Im trying to prep myself for next years Cobraclub event at MSR Houston.. :) Ill probably have 6-8 events under my belt by that time.

Oh and I did learn my lesson about entering corners off throttle.. :)

jimmysidecarr
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Looking good Barry!!

The best way to learn car control is to lose it(or almost lose it) and try to catch it.

It's just a matter of practice.

Exige
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Looking good Barry!!

The best way to learn car control is to lose it(or almost lose it) and try to catch it.

It's just a matter of practice.I agree, knowing how that feels will help remind me to never do it again.. :D

JoeJ
02-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Guys,

I will be down at HMSR on Saturday Feb 9 running in the HPDE4. I will be in my 2004 Grand AM cup car. Letting my Cobra R sit until the SVTOA event at TWS in March.

97CasperCobra
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Letting my Cobra R sit until the SVTOA event at TWS in March.
I'm thinking this could be my first event of the season....:thumbsup:

JoeJ
02-07-2008, 06:40 PM
The following event is now official.

The Team Shelby/SVTOA Lone Star Roundup will be at the Texas World Speedway, College Station, Texas. March 28-30, 2008. Go to the following website to register: www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com. It will be a blast. Have all your open track friends sign up ASAP.

Levi
02-07-2008, 10:08 PM
The weight transferred to the front wheels when you got off the gas going into the turn and it looks like you need to let the car track out more on the exit of that turn. Your car rotates early and on that turn stay in the gas (before, during and after the turn) and do not let up.