PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

tomsgarage
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I am getting my car ready for the upcoming events at CMP and VIR and want to know where you guys are getting your brake pads and rotors from. I also would like to know what kind of pads (Hawk,...?) and rotors (Brembo..?) you are using. And, as always where to get them at the best price?

cobrabitn
01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I have carbotech pads and stock rotors from Autozone! :)

blueblazes
01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
the stock rotors are pretty good units. Some go with the 2 piece brembo units and some hawk pads. I think the biggest thing would be to make sure you clean out your fluid and get a good set of stainless lines all the way around.

puzzle13
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Carbotech will sell you rotors cheaper than Tire Rack if you want and they will slot them also. As for pads it really comes down to your choice. I use Hawk DTC-70's and get them from CDOC which is out of VIR. I don't know if they are available for the stock fronts as I am running StopTech brakes, but I believe they are. Carbotech is an approved vendor and they have their own and some like them. I actually have them on my rears. You cannot mix Hawk and Carbotech as per Carbotech without turning the rotors due to incompatible materials.