PDA

View Full Version : Local guys in Shelby's at Vegas

Admiral
02-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Footage of some local Mustang racers at the Shelby's 85th birthday celebration in Vegas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJdCBffyQNE

Some of you might recognize Wayne Manor's voice (he's been an instructor for many of us over the years) in the driving session, and that's John George driving. Looks like they had a ton of fun. Lucky bastiches. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
02-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Man I wish youtube wasn't blocked at work!! :(

JoeJ
02-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Guys, That was my 2007 Shelby GT that John George was driving with Wayne Manor acting as an instructor. They put a camera on the hood for one session and on the side of the car on another session. The session with the camera on the door was with Wayne driving and John George driving one of Shelby cars which was available for the instructors. The two of them put on quite a show sliding thru the turns. We had about 80 new students which came in from California for the event. None of them had ever been to an open track event. I think we set the hook on a bunch of them. You know that Team Shelby is now a new club with includes the old SVTOA group. They are in charge of the Mid American Ford Shelby event at Hallett in June. Everyone needs to sign up and come out and play with us. There will be a demo race on Friday. I think I will run my Cup car in the demo race.

Admiral
02-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Hey Joe, that's exciting news. Glad to hear you guys had so much fun out there! I haven't turned a wrench on my 95 Cobra but now I'm thinking I should try and get it ready for some open track events soon.

BTW, how hard was it to watch your car out on the track getting put through its paces?

jimmysidecarr
02-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Awesome!
Looks like it was a real fun time!

comprepsvo
02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Joe, great video of your car, thanks for sharing, hope to see your soon!

Ben