PDA

View Full Version : So, anyone remember me? And my Porsche?

UFO
02-05-2008, 12:22 AM
It's been a while, so I thought some of you who expressed remorse at the death of the Porsche might like to see where we're at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPi3V4NSuDg

I am now officially poor. Thanks again to everyone for their concern and those who offered assistance. It didn't go unnoticed :). I still owe David a beer or two for all his efforts.

Firme
02-06-2008, 01:25 AM
David,

Good to see its alive. So, what was the exact problem? I don't even wanna know how much that set you back.

UFO
02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
David,

Good to see its alive. So, what was the exact problem? I don't even wanna know how much that set you back.It seems the intermediate shaft bolt sheered, which lead to the timing chain jumping ship and the heads/valves on the driver side having a little coming together. There wasn't a tear down done; they said they have seen it often enough to know what it was.

I'm not shy about the cost. Their first quote was almost $18K. After some back & forth I ended up at $12.5K out the door. I must say that the dealership was great and very accommodating. I'm sure the fact that I knew David had a lot to do with their attitude towards me.

scorpio
02-06-2008, 05:34 PM
glad you got it fixed.

Levi
02-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Nice to hear it running again. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
02-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Glad you got it back in shape OK. It's a beautiful car! They are not cheap to fix though are they?
Heck not much is these days.

I'm looking forward to hanging out again. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
02-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Good to see you got it fixed so that you can bring it out this year. It sucks it happened before you even took the paper tags off.

93KingCobra
02-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Good to see someone got there motor built......Definitely not me....

UFO
02-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Haha, it seems I'm only happy when I'm in debt. The Porsche simply had too much wrong with it for me to be bothered with making it right. So, yeah, she's gone.

It's not all bad though, I still have my Evo.

Just a different one....

She's a big b!tch!

http://www.hangar13.net/evo/evox_2.jpg

jimmysidecarr
02-16-2008, 12:21 AM
An 08??? :eek:

They freaking ROCK!! :thumbsup:

Which version?

I can see you and Barry going at it right now!! LOL!

You are a crazy man! :D

ORANGE CRUSH
02-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Sweet. :thumbsup:

UFO
02-16-2008, 03:27 AM
An 08??? :eek:

They freaking ROCK!! :thumbsup:

Which version?

I can see you and Barry going at it right now!! LOL!

You are a crazy man! :DYes, it's an '08 Evolution X GSR. MR isn't out for a month or so and, well, I just couldn't wait. Plus, paying close to $40K for a Lancer just doesn't seem sane, even though this one stickered at 35 and change.

You can see me and Barry going at it? I'm not sure how to take that. I know we used to live together, but it wasn't like that ;).

Still unsure on the looks. I think the VIII/IX looked better but the X is just so much more grown up.
http://www.hangar13.net/evo/evox_4.jpg

97CasperCobra
02-16-2008, 11:22 AM
damn David....you are worse than Larry Frank about getting new cars!!!! :p

Can't wait to see it on track....:thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
02-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Very nice ride !!

93KingCobra
02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
That thing is totally sweet...!

Firme
02-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Awesome man!!! :thumbsup: Me likes.

UFO
02-16-2008, 02:28 PM
damn David....you are worse than Larry Frank about getting new cars!!!! :p

Can't wait to see it on track....:thumbsup:
From what I understand: Larry can actually afford the cars he buys :o.

jimmysidecarr
02-16-2008, 05:38 PM
There is a GREAT write up in Road and TracK this month on those cars + the STI.

It's the same issue with Joe bailing out of his R on the inside back cover facing page.(last page)

I still think the "dollars per smile factor" on that EVO FREAKING ROCKS! Even if it's not the MR. :thumbsup:

So which one is going to be your "TRACK BIOTCH"? The GSR or the older one?

UFO
02-16-2008, 09:05 PM
There is a GREAT write up in Road and TracK this month on those cars + the STI.

It's the same issue with Joe bailing out of his R on the inside back cover facing page.(last page)

I still think the "dollars per smile factor" on that EVO FREAKING ROCKS! Even if it's not the MR. :thumbsup:

So which one is going to be your "TRACK BIOTCH"? The GSR or the older one?The older (black) one left me yesterday so I'm back to being a 1 car guy. I really would like another Porsche some time down the line even though the last one bit me in the arse. The Porsche would have made a great track only car, but I need something that will do both!

You're right though: I have been smiling more lately :thumbsup:.