PDA

View Full Version : TWS March 28-30 2008 questions/discussion

jimmysidecarr
02-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Joe posted this in another thread and I've got a couple questions.

The following event is now official.

The Team Shelby/SVTOA Lone Star Roundup will be at the Texas World Speedway, College Station, Texas. March 28-30, 2008. Go to the following website to register: www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com. It will be a blast. Have all your open track friends sign up ASAP.

EDIT

I signed up for this event and in the process acquired answers to some of my questions.

1. I couldn't find the pricing. Anyone know? Looks like 300 which includes a dinner at Rudy's Sat. night.

2. Is this going to be clockwise or counter clockwise?

3. Anyone else thinking about going?

It would be nice to get a little more seat time, besides driving in Houston traffic.

I could use some more practice/therapy. :D :p

97CasperCobra
02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
I plan on going....got a list of things to do to the Cobra before then. Anyone wanna share a hotel room???

Stan...IMRC Day SOON!!!! :fart:

ORANGE CRUSH
02-10-2008, 02:59 AM
I would like to go to this one. I'll keep an eye out for more info.

Angel
02-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I would like to go to this one. I'll keep an eye out for more info.
Looks like the best time for me as well. So, I too, will keep an eye out and get registered by mid-March if I can go. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
02-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Maybe :(

jimmysidecarr
02-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Maybe :(

That's better than a flat out NO. :D

97CasperCobra
02-12-2008, 01:27 AM
That's better than a flat out NO. :D
:lol:...that's some funny shiat right there!!!

ORANGE CRUSH
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm in...........:thumbsup:

SuperG
02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I will not be able to go...I was railroaded into coaching football and we have games on Saturday afternoons...However, I am planning on the April 26-27th TWS Motorsports Club weekend!

Larry95
02-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Signed up this AM. Need to get the T2 and 3.55's installed and I'll be ready.

Mephisto
02-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Possible

97CasperCobra
02-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Unsure...I may be moving to Memphis, TN for a while....:(

Exige
02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Do you have to drive Ford product to partisipate? I looked at the forms and it looks like you have to be a SVTOA member or a guest of a member. If I can get in on this event I think I might do it.

Larry95
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Do you have to drive Ford product to partisipate? No. I Went last year and there were all makes there. When your filling out the registration and it ask for member #, just put "guest" and it'll go through.

Exige
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
No. I Went last year and there were all makes there. When your filling out the registration and it ask for member #, just put "guest" and it'll go through.Thanks for the info...

jimmysidecarr
02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Yep I'm a guest too. My SVTOA membership expired during the "way forward" "SVT restructuring".

03 cobra toy
02-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I need some track crack... ;)

jimmysidecarr
02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I need some track crack... ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/Silly%20file/Youcandoit.jpg

Larry95
02-20-2008, 06:05 PM
I need some track crack... ;)Here kitty, kitty, kitty !!!!!! Talk about being hooked.

jimmysidecarr
02-20-2008, 08:08 PM
In my first post I was wondering...

Is this going to be clockwise or counter clockwise?

Looks like Saturday will be CCW and Sunday is a maybe for CLOCK WISE!! :bounce:

Evilcartman
02-25-2008, 01:14 AM
In my first post I was wondering...

Is this going to be clockwise or counter clockwise?

Looks like Saturday will be CCW and Sunday is a maybe for CLOCK WISE!! :bounce:

I would like to attend this one to take pics. As long as I'm feeling well enough to go, I will show up.

03 cobra toy
03-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm in :thumbsup:

Exige
03-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Alright Im registered now. :)

Since I had not been to TWS, I took a ride up today to check out the TDE event they were running this weekend and got a ride from one of the Elise instructors who is extremly fast. All I can say is 100+ MPH through turn 7 is a bit un-nerving.

Now I just need to get my new pads, rotors & tires on the car.

Larry95
03-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm in :thumbsup:Great:bounce:

93KingCobra
03-03-2008, 07:05 PM
May be I can sweet talk the newly wedded wife into letting me/us going to come hang out :D

97CasperCobra
03-04-2008, 12:15 AM
who knows.....:dunno:

jimmysidecarr
03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
May be I can sweet talk the newly wedded wife into letting me/us going to come hang out :D

Between Keith and you Phil we should have some pretty good pics and vids! :D

Exige
03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Between Keith and you Phil we should have some pretty good pics and vids! :DI have an in car video setup so if you get in front of me I can get some video of you. I doubt we will be in the same run group though as it will be my frist time running TWS.

Carl G
03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm in :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
03-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Between Keith and you Phil we should have some pretty good pics and vids! :D

I need Bartman to give me some photo tips with my new camera. Come on Bart, come hang out.

ORANGE CRUSH
03-18-2008, 12:29 AM
All signed up and ready to go...:thumbsup:

Admiral
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure I can have the 95 Cobra track-ready by this event but will be there in the "other" car if not! Looking forward to having a great weekend at a great track with great folks!!! :thumbsup:

Carl G
03-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure I can have the 95 Cobra track-ready by this event but will be there in the "other" car if not! Looking forward to having a great weekend at a great track with great folks!!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Should be lots of fun. I will get a chance to drive (instruct) for the Supra club 3/20 at TWS. Need to break in a set of Hoosiers. :eek:

Exige
03-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure I can have the 95 Cobra track-ready by this event but will be there in the "other" car if not! Looking forward to having a great weekend at a great track with great folks!!! :thumbsup:At least if you bring the other car I wont have the least amount of Horse power on the track.. :D

Admiral
03-19-2008, 09:01 AM
At least if you bring the other car I wont have the least amount of Horse power on the track.. :D

Yeah, momentum driving at a horsepower track like TWS = a day of point-byes on the front straight + elephant walks through the twisties. Great way to build character lol. I know I'm looking forward to it! :rotf:

cobrabitn
03-19-2008, 10:11 PM
So.....how many of you are going to be using SCMC numbers and are going to represent the SCMC? :doubt: :D

ORANGE CRUSH
03-19-2008, 11:01 PM
So.....how many of you are going to be using SCMC numbers and are going to represent the SCMC? :doubt: :D

OOhh me me me me........:D

cobrabitn
03-19-2008, 11:04 PM
You da Man! I knew I liked you the day I saw you last year. BTW, Orange rocks! :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM

Does an SCMC shirt count? I will be taking pictures and hanging out.

jimmysidecarr
03-20-2008, 01:19 PM

I have to tape my current numbers down on the leading edge or they fly off at about 120. :(
How much are the SCMC numbers and do they stay on well?
Well = stays on, on a windy day at 140.

Carl G
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm in, but will be hopping in and out of cars instructing :
:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
03-20-2008, 10:21 PM
I think the numbers are $50.00 for a pair but you have to check the store for that. Shirt or numbers, either way is a great way to let everyone know who we are... :) Thanks y'all! :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-20-2008, 10:37 PM
I think the numbers are $50.00 for a pair but you have to check the store for that. Shirt or numbers, either way is a great way to let everyone know who we are... :) Thanks y'all! :thumbsup:

Long sleeve events shirts FTW!!! Got a couple! :thumbsup: Plus there is the quarter window club stickers. (see sig)

Mephisto
03-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Hebel is signed up. Anyone know the organizers enough to make sure we all all in the correct groups together?
Also, are folks going Friday night to Manor house, or just going Sat morning?

jimmysidecarr
03-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Hebel is signed up. Anyone know the organizers enough to make sure we all all in the correct groups together?
Also, are folks going Friday night to Manor house, or just going Sat morning?
Great Henry!!! It should be fun! :bounce:
I have not been able to tell what's going on with run group assignments at all. :doubt:

I took Friday off, and will be staying at the Manor House that night after dropping the car at the track.
I'm trailering for the first time ever, so that Gail is free to do her thing with the grand daughters, instead of having to truck a load of tires and tools around. :rolleyes:

Reduce open track impact on spouse = run more events FTW!

97CasperCobra
03-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I think I may pay a visit to talk, hang, shoot some pics and lend a hand when needed. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
03-21-2008, 02:33 PM
If I can make it on Friday night then Jimmy can change out my rotors in 5 minutes. :hail:

jimmysidecarr
03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
If I can make it on Friday night then Jimmy can change out my rotors in 5 minutes. :hail:

That was 15 minutes and it needs to already be on jack stands w/ the wheels off.

Even 15 minutes might be slightly optimistic but not by too much. It usually takes longer to get the wheels off and car on stands.

Are we wire brushing the loctite off the bolts or putting new in? Reusing bolts takes a little longer for the thread clean up. No vise at the track either. :doubt:

I think I'm getting worked. :doubt: :D

cobr96
03-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I live in college station , if anyone needs anything while in town, might drive one of the 93 cobras out to watch .

Exige
03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
So far the weather is not looking good for TWS. Forcast is showing rain from Fri-Tues. Hopefully that will change.

Exige
03-27-2008, 12:29 AM
So far the weather is not looking good for TWS. Forcast is showing rain from Fri-Tues. Hopefully that will change.Weather still not looking good.. :(

Fri - 30% chance of Isolated T-Storms
Sat - 40% chance of Scattered T-Storms
Sun - 30% chance of Isolated T-Storms

Hopefully the rain wont hit for long or to hard.

Admiral
03-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Darn SE Texas springtime weather. Might be a handful for those who've never done the CW direction in the wet. I've had to cancel, life and work keep getting in my way these days.

On a positive note I hear there is a demo race scheduled! :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-27-2008, 12:23 PM
I've never done clockwise in any conditions there.

I'm running no matter what the weather does.(unless it snows :D )
Though my street tires are not new, they should be good enough.(rears are new)
As always I will have my best ones on the back, since mild understeer is a lot easier to control than any level of oversteer.

I have quite a bit of autocross rain experience and even more Ice Racing experience. And since it is not a race I don't have to push that hard anyway. In the past the slipperier it was the better I did compared to the group.

Hopefully the rain will be short cloud bursts that will dry up rapidly, and I can put the 710s back on and go fast again. :thumbsup:

Running with the window down in the rain is going to be a pain though. :doubt:

Exige
03-27-2008, 01:57 PM
I think Ill be sitting out while/if its raining. Simi-Slick tires at 2/32nds and a car that is heaver in the back doesnt mix well with rain.

Evilcartman
03-29-2008, 10:47 PM
That was a blast. It was good seeing everyone again. I will work on pictures and see if I got anything worth posting.

93KingCobra
03-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Me too...

Carl G
03-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Well gang that was a lot of fun :thumbsup: It was great seeing everyone at the event. It looks like everyone will get their car home in one peice and in working order. Everyone that I saw running, look great and going very fast,
(Jimmy, Henry) you guys were cooking. Tod had the cleanest car at the track as usual and running very well. Hey Barry if that lotus had any more HP it would be hard to keep up with you. David as usual was kicking butt but at least he doesnt lap me any more. Car ran great and the Hoosiers well all I can say :eek: Now on to VIR!!!!

PS.... Just a side note..... If STVOA does not stay afloat, maybe we should do something to help them in the Oklahoma Region, they are a great group. Maybe combine track events for a start! Just throwing that out there ;)

Firme
03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Glad to hear everyone had fun and is coming home with their toys intact!!! I wish I could have been there with ya'll, but I have been working all weekend. Went to bed at 5a.m. and was back to work at 11. Finally getting things wrapped up. :( Yeah, big migrations suck. :mad:

PS.... Just a side note..... If STVOA does not stay afloat, maybe we should do something to help them in the Oklahoma Region, they are a great group. Maybe combine track events for a start! Just throwing that out there ;)

We have been interested in doing TWS in March for some time now. Also, there is nothing stopping the OK regions from becoming part of the SCMC OK region ;) . There is currently not a state event coordinator in OK. Just throwing that out there :D

Carl G
03-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Glad to hear everyone had fun and is coming home with their toys intact!!! I wish I could have been there with ya'll, but I have been working all weekend. Went to bed at 5a.m. and was back to work at 11. Finally getting things wrapped up. :( Yeah, big migrations suck. :mad:

We have been interested in doing TWS in March for some time now. Also, there is nothing stopping the OK regions from becoming part of the SCMC OK region ;) . There is currently not a state event coordinator in OK. Just throwing that out there :D

Maybe for starters we should ask them to do a co sponsor event and see where that leads. Since neither of the clubs seem to be real successful in filling all slots. Back at you :)

Firme
03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Maybe for starters we should ask them to do a co sponsor event and see where that leads. Since neither of the clubs seem to be real successful in filling all slots. Back at you :)

How about for starters, they rally up the troops and bring down members to the November MSR event like SCMC went to the TWS. We would love to have em. ;)

cobrabitn
03-31-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree with Firme, they support our event, we support their event. :D That gives you twice as much fun each year. :thumbsup:

Mephisto
03-31-2008, 11:33 AM
How about for starters we don't worry so much about us vrs them. I agree with Carl that these were great bunch of people who put on a great event.
I would just like to support them period because they have the same attitude and goals that we have.
At the very least I can send in dues and become a SVTOA member as well (or whatever they become) to support the cause.

Firme
03-31-2008, 01:22 PM
How about for starters we don't worry so much about us vrs them. I agree with Carl that these were great bunch of people who put on a great event.
I would just like to support them period because they have the same attitude and goals that we have.
At the very least I can send in dues and become a SVTOA member as well (or whatever they become) to support the cause.

This isn't a us vs them, where do you see that when we are talking about supporting each others event. Co-running an event is a whole different story.

03 cobra toy
03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
It's time for SCMC to offer help and support to the local SVTOA chapters. We could help them with track events, insurance and web support. With Ford and SAAC fighting over how to do business the remaining club member are suffering and just need a place to call home. Maybe it would be a good idea contact some of the SVTOA chapter leaders and get their buy in? or is SCMC to closed minded and wants them to beg for help....

What a great way to bring them into the SCMC club.

Just my $.02

cobrabitn
03-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Actually I wasn't going to get into this but the SCMC is already helping SVTOA with their insurance. We are not closed minded and I think that's unfair for anyone to say or imply that since we were generous enough to cover their insurance on some of their events. Many of you just don't know what is going on behind closed doors because we just want y'all to go out and have fun. You don't have to worry about the details because our officers take that burden on their shoulders.

Think about it, you go to MSR, you don't have to worry about where your insurance is coming from and you don't have to do anything else but have a good time and make sure everyone else has a good time. Isn't that great? It's like everything is taken care of for you and all you have to do is share the joy with fellow enthusiasts. SCMC is a great place to forget about your worries and go out and have a good time.

I understand about SAAC, Ford, and Shelby but we have to remain neutral in that battle. We welcome all members from any of those clubs to come out and enjoy a weekend with us no matter where we hold an event. I hope we can have a great turnout at VIR this year with plenty of Team Shelby Members, SAAC members, SVTOA members, and MCA members.

03 cobra toy
03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Actually I wasn't going to get into this but the SCMC is already helping SVTOA with their insurance. We are not closed minded and I think that's unfair for anyone to say or imply that since we were generous enough to cover their insurance on some of their events. Many of you just don't know what is going on behind closed doors because we just want y'all to go out and have fun. You don't have to worry about the details because our officers take that burden on their shoulders.

If SCMC is truly the members club then discussions and decisions would not be made behind closed doors. Why not post the minutes of your meeting? maybe take polls and make decisions on the poplar vote?

cobrabitn
03-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I used to send minutes out once a week..now it is once a month. I just don't have time for all of the communication. We have quarterly officer calls to catch up on some of the happenings. This is something that has come up in the last month or so where we haven't had time to discuss it.

Our e-mail is always open to any member so feel free to e-mail us. We just can't discuss everything on a open forum, hence the pmbscmc for members. There's a meeting tomorrow night, share your thoughts with Edmond and we can discuss it on the call.

Carl G
03-31-2008, 04:56 PM
This isn't a us vs them, where do you see that when we are talking about supporting each others event. Co-running an event is a whole different story.

If memory serves me, I dont remember any officer of this club talking to Del about supporting their track event, nor was there a officer there to pass out flyers or even have them made up for those attending to pass out. The one thing I do remember was how concerned the club was about our SCMC car numbers and shirts being worn. I dont call that being proactive. We should take the high road and do something instead of shooting these e-mails about how great we are. Also if my memory serves me these SCMC events are not free and my entry fee should cover the cost of the track event plus any insurance issues, and allow me to have a good time with other club members and non club memebers. The South Central does not have the participation is needs from its members to support the expensive cost of renting these tracks and covering the cost for a weekend. I go back to my original statement that maybe we should try to look at joint track events and lets stop this BS on the boards. I am going to run track events regardless weather SCMC or SVTOA or Porsche or Drivers Edge puts them on. The point I am trying to make is that it would give SCMC more exposure and more events during the year if we teamed up with a club that promotes the same ideas and that is having fun with our cars. SVTOA has a large following and we have an opportunity to tap into that resource. This is a area I feel the club is short sided and could do a better job. :)

ORANGE CRUSH
03-31-2008, 08:46 PM
If memory serves me, I dont remember any officer of this club talking to Del about supporting their track event, nor was there a officer there to pass out flyers or even have them made up for those attending to pass out. :)
I would have passed out some.