PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Cookoff tickets for Cobra Club members.

Exige
02-20-2008, 01:06 AM
As some of you guys know I am on a Cook team at the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo. I get 30 free tickets to give out to friends/family and hot chicks.. :) Iím willing to give out 20 tickets to the Cobra club members here, since you guys are so nice and let the guy with the Lotus participate in your events.. :D

Event Dates:
Friday Feb. 29th & Saturday Mar. 1st.

Where:
Reliant Center Parking lot

When you walk into the cook-off there will be an information center, ask them for a map and look for Wild West Cookers or spots D457-D458. If you can't read the map and find our spot you have probably already had to much to drink.

What the tickets donít get you:
1. Admission into the Cook-off, I believe its $6 per person to get on the Rodeo grounds during the cook-off.

What the tickets get you:
1. Each ticket will get one person into our BBQ Cook team tent on Friday or Saturday.
2. All the free Alcohol you can drink.
3. All the free food/BBQ you can eat (as long as your there during times we serve food).
4. We will have live bands on both Friday and Saturday nights.

Are cook team parties pretty hard, so I would not recommend bringing children and I believe all children will have to be out of the tent by 7pm. If you donít like crowds or being around people drinking this event is probably not for you.

We do have quite a large space that holds 300-400 people, dance floor, stage, bar etc. It will however get very crowded and is likely the fire marshal will be standing outside of our door regulating the flow of people in and out. Early is better and will keep you from having to wait in line. Also food is served early and then cleared out of the way to make room for more people.

Please tip the bartenders and be curious to the team members, no one gets paid to do this, infact we all have to pay $400 in dues a year just to be part of the team. Our team serves food and drink to about 10,000 people over the 2 day event.

For those of you who have never been to the cook-off. There are about 300 cook teams who are hosting private parties for the weekend, it is VERY unlikely you will be able to get into any of the private parties without tickets unless your an extremely hot chick. Most of the teams have a police officer working the doors checking tickets. If you do not have tickets the cook-off really is not much fun, there is a carnival and a few places to grab hot dogs and funnel cakes, but really not much more. These tickets are the key for having a good time.. :)

There is parking at the Rodeo grounds, but I recommend riding the bus. During Cook-off/Rodeo most of the Park-n-Rides will take you to the Cookoff for $1 and you don't have to worry about parking. If you have been drinking this will be less you will have to drive home as well. Parking at the event can be a pain in the butt.

I will make it out to next Tuesdays event (Feb 26th) and drop off tickets to anyone who wants them. If you can't make the Tuesday event you can pick the tickets up at my house or you can call me when you get to the cook-off. Beware cell phone service can be sketchy at Reliant Center and if the band is playing I may not be able to hear my phone.

Please do not ask for tickets unless you plan on using them. If you want tickets just respond to this post and I will add you to the list. If you cant make it to tuesdays SCMC event then drop me a PM and we will figure out a way to get you tickets.

Below is a list of people who have already requested tickets
1. Firme (2)
2. Casper (2)
3. Sherri (2)
4. texaswrx (2)
5. SuperG (3)

Firme
02-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks for hooking the club up Barry :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks Barry....I guess we can stand having a Lotus around a little longer.....:p

texaswrx
02-21-2008, 01:53 PM
I would like 2, if possible. I will not make it out to the dinners, as it's too far to make it out after a day at work. I would send you an envelope, postage included.

Exige
02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Still 12 tickets left for anyone else who wants to go...

SuperG
02-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh Barry, can I get 3 (I am not a hot chick, though)?

Exige
02-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh Barry, can I get 3 (I am not a hot chick, though)?Alright I put you down for 3...

97CasperCobra
02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Barry, please give my tickets up. I forgot your tickets were for this weekend and made some other plans. Thanks for the offer man, I'd love to see the pics. :thumbsup:

msmap
02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Barry, can I get 2 more tickets? These r 4 HOT chicks:)

Exige
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
For those of you attending the BBQ Cook-off here is a list of places you can park and take the bus.. Looks like prices went up to $4 this year.

The Reed Road park and ride is only a few miles from Reliant Center and has an abundance of parking. I will be parking at the 290/Mangum location as its closest to my house.

Aramco Services Company at 9009 West Loop South
Delmar Stadium at Hwy 290 and Mangum
Texas Medical Center at Smithlands Park and Ride on
North Stadium Dr.
Reed Road Park and Ride at Reed Rd. and 288
METRO West Loop Park and Ride at W. Loop and S. Braeswood - operated by METRO

SuperG
03-01-2008, 04:09 PM
WE'll be there tonight!!

Exige
03-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Thanks to those of you who came out tonight. Hope you guys had a good time.

msmap
03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks to those of you who came out tonight. Hope you guys had a good time.

Had a blast! Thank you again :)

Exige
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Had a blast! Thank you again :)No problem... :)