PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice on a new radiator and shifter

TommyA77
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Bout to crank the cobra up from its winter rest. I was just curious what you guys think is the best aftermarket shifter and radiator are. I got some extra cash to spend and don't want the cobra overheating again this summer. Just let me know if you guys and gals get a chance.

Take it easy

Tommy

cobrabitn
02-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Fluidyne on the radiator, MGW on the shifter. :D

blueblazes
02-22-2008, 01:09 AM
was your car overheating last summer? That may be a sign of a bigger problem if it was. If it was under what conditions did it do it?

And yeah I like cobra4me's mgw it was nice, and another vote for fluidyne.

JROC
02-22-2008, 02:52 AM
I what to throw a vote for Fluidyne also as I have been considering getting one, but I was reading on svtp the other day where a few Cobra owners were having problems with them leaking, but IDK. For this reason I vote LFP for the radiator. There suppose to be about the biggest one for a 03/04 and I have read were a few road races use them and have had good success with them. There a little cheaper than the Fluidyne also.

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/lfp-pro-comp-race-radiator-200304-mustang-cobra-p-317.html

trent03dsgcobra
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
if your cobra was overheating and you were'nt running hard on a track there may be a problem for sure.
MGW is a great shifter i love mine

TommyA77
02-23-2008, 01:25 PM
The problem happend during the summer. It was 107 or so temp wise, I was running it pretty hard and the radiator cap started leaking. I took it all around and no one really said head gasket. I had the air pushed out and it ran fine. It runs like it is supposed to. Maybe thats because it is alot colder now. I will find out this summer for sure lol