PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

92BULLITTGT
02-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Will the stock exhaust on an 03\04 work with a stick axle?

sssvtcobra
02-25-2008, 04:14 PM
The stock exhaust from an '03-'04 won't work. The reason being that the exhaust tubing lays under the IRS on those model years. You can use a stock GT exhaust, since they don't have IRS's in them, their exhaust has to be routed over the rear axles.

92BULLITTGT
02-26-2008, 12:50 AM
You don't happen to have a pic from the bottom of your car that I take a look at do you.

The reason I ask is a buddy of mine has an 01 Bullitt and 04 Cobra motor to put in it. He is concerned about having clearance between the exhaust and the 335 rear tire he is going to run. I thought that the Cobra exhaust ran under the IRS and we thought it might work for his car but we didn't really have anything to go by. Any help with situation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sssvtcobra
02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't have any pics of underneath my car. And if I took any, I don't think they would show you much since the car is so low. Go to the SCMC Snakepit and look up 03 Cobra Toy and look at his pic's. He's got some good pics of the underside of his car, on a hoist. The link for the Snakepit is up in the tool bar.

I think your still going to have to use an exhaust sytem that routes the tubes over the rear axles. Even with those wide of tires you'll be fine using that style exhaust.

Hope that helps.

92BULLITTGT
02-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info.