PDA

View Full Version : Favorite products? Hand or machine?

SvilleCobra
02-25-2008, 07:24 PM
what is your preference? Post 'em up!

Car Care
waxes/polishes
Meguairs NXT gen. products when I have limited time to do the job.
Zaino when I have all day...absolutely the best but takes effort and time.

other
Turtle Wax Tire Wax is best for tires - limited shine, doesn't spin off, and lasts

* have only ever hand polished my cars but am learning to use my new orbital...we will see which is better.

red04svtcobra
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I use all poorboys stuff and have never had any issues with their stuff. All of it can be applied in the sun if needed and will still come off easily.
My list is as follows:
1. wash, I use poorboys supper suds along with some clay if needed
2. pro-polish, I use this for getting off water spots or just cleaning the paint before polishing.
3. SSR 2.5 if I have some minor swirls or scratches. Used with porter cable
4. SSR 1 for final polishing used with porter cable
5. EX-P, this is a paint sealant and I usually apply about 2-3 coats on with porter cable.
6. Natty wax, I have the white, blue, and red. Each color has a different look when applied to the paint. I usually end up applying 5-6 coats of this to really add some depth and wetness to the paint. This is applied by hand.
7. natural look, I use this on the interior to add clean it up. Doesn't leave a greasy look or feel. It looks "NATURAL"
8. Trim restorer, I use for all trim pieces and even in the engine compartment. Again no greasy, oily feel or look left behind.
9. Tire shine, I have some from poorboys but don't really use it because I like the natural look and not the really shiny look.
10. And last but not least I always use my spray-n-wipe to remove any dirt or dust after driving to a car show or putting it away in the garage. After it is clean I apply some spray-n-gloss which is like a quick detailer and adds a little more additional pop for the shows.:thumbsup:

JayTee
05-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Do you do this as a side gig or just for yourself and friends. The Sonic Blue Cobra looks phoenominal ! You really did a nice job.

JT

XCOBRAX
05-22-2008, 07:44 AM
what is your preference? Post 'em up!

Car Care
waxes/polishes
Meguairs NXT gen. products when I have limited time to do the job.
Zaino when I have all day...absolutely the best but takes effort and time.

other
Turtle Wax Tire Wax is best for tires - limited shine, doesn't spin off, and lasts

* have only ever hand polished my cars but am learning to use my new orbital...we will see which is better.
Mike,
Once you go orbital, you never go back.
And... Mother's is my preference.

red04svtcobra
05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Do you do this as a side gig or just for yourself and friends. The Sonic Blue Cobra looks phoenominal ! You really did a nice job.

JT
If you were asking me, I do it on the side for some extra cash. Its just a hobby for me.

tcrews
05-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Zaino is the only polish that will ever touch my cars :)

Combination of hand/orbital use....

Angel
05-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Zaino is the only polish that will ever touch my cars :)

Combination of hand/orbital use....
The GT500 is a Zaino baby. Use a carnuba cleaner wax on the 427R with an extra layer of carnuba on top. Good for a daily driver since it picks up so much road debris. I also like the Meguiar's Ultimate carnuba and detailer.

laz2447
05-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Car Care
waxes/polishes
Zymol, Mothers, Turtle Wax

I interchange all three of these in various combinations. Pretty much whatever I have at the time or whatever I need to do to the car. I use Zymol and Mothers cleaner wax, Mothers pure carnuba paste wax, and Turtle Wax ice spray detailer.

For the vinyl and engine dressing I use a product called Super Seal. I also use it on the tires as well.

I always like to try out new stuff on the daily drivers from time to time. But the big three of Zymol, Mothers and Turtle Wax. :thumbsup:

I also use machines as well. Doing certain parts of the car by hand of course is a must, but overall I love using my rotary buffer and orbital waxer!

SVTCOBRATKD
07-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I've been visiting Mr. Treece for years!!!
Zaino on all of my cars cause it's so quick & ez to do!! :thumbsup:

nckissfan
07-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Poorboy's World Pro Polish
Poorboy's World Natty Blue paste wax
Poorboy's World Quick Detail

Black Magic Titanium Tire Gel

red04svtcobra
07-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Poorboy's World Pro Polish
Poorboy's World Natty Blue paste wax
Poorboy's World Quick Detail

Black Magic Titanium Tire GelMike, I saw the post on SVTP that you were wanting to try some Nattys Red. Well I have some if you need to try it out. :thumbsup:

SVTSnak
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
I haven't had a chance to wax mine yet, but good reading here. :thumbsup: The thing that sucks in Vegas is when you don't have a garage! :( So, I have to do it REALLLLLLY early in the morning before the sun has a chance to heat up the car or borrow a friend's/parent's garage for the day to work on it. :cool:

However, any suggestions of what to do to maybe bring the paint back? I mean, maybe I won't be able to because it might be too far gone. It almost looks as if the hood is flaking or something...not really flaking...I don't know how to explain it. I guess I'd have to show a picture. It almost looks as if something kept brushing against it and put a bunch of scratches in it. Plus, the rest of the paint even on the sides and such just doesn't have that deep, rich color. (it's a black car) Where it looks like it's still wet. :D

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a 96 and won't look like brand new unless I get it repainted, but if there is something I can use to kind of help it until I can afford to do that, that would be great. :thumbsup:

nckissfan
07-24-2008, 04:29 AM
there is some stuff out there that can help your paint. The paint on my 97 was not very well taken care of, when I bought it. If you could look at the car when I bought it, and then look at it now, it looks a 100 times better than it did. Your car probably needs a buffing with a rotary. There are products that can revive that, spider webbing (which is what it sounds like on your hood)

check out this guys products, and if you have any questions about them, ask him. His name is Scott. He is really cool, and knows his stuff. :thumbsup:http://www.specialtymotoring.com/

red04svtcobra
07-24-2008, 07:20 AM
I haven't had a chance to wax mine yet, but good reading here. :thumbsup: The thing that sucks in Vegas is when you don't have a garage! :( So, I have to do it REALLLLLLY early in the morning before the sun has a chance to heat up the car or borrow a friend's/parent's garage for the day to work on it. :cool:

However, any suggestions of what to do to maybe bring the paint back? I mean, maybe I won't be able to because it might be too far gone. It almost looks as if the hood is flaking or something...not really flaking...I don't know how to explain it. I guess I'd have to show a picture. It almost looks as if something kept brushing against it and put a bunch of scratches in it. Plus, the rest of the paint even on the sides and such just doesn't have that deep, rich color. (it's a black car) Where it looks like it's still wet. :D

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a 96 and won't look like brand new unless I get it repainted, but if there is something I can use to kind of help it until I can afford to do that, that would be great. :thumbsup:Mat, I would say go to www.autogeek.net (http://www.autogeek.net) and order some poorboys stuff. You can apply all poorboys stuff in direct sunlight so if you don't have shade no need to worry and comes off just as easy. As Mike said sounds like spider webbing that was probably caused by car washes and use of regular towels to dry. I wouldn't say the paint was gone yet Mat, You wouldn't believe what a little compound, polish, sealant, and wax will do to faded paint. If you need anymore assistance feel free to PM me and I will get you pointed in the right direction.:thumbsup:

RF Cobra
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Chris, do you like the service, policies, etc. at autogeek?

Anyone else buying from them?

I can add them as an affilitate just like Tire Rack if people will use the link on our site and the purchases will help the club.

red04svtcobra
07-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Chris, do you like the service, policies, etc. at autogeek?

Anyone else buying from them?

I can add them as an affilitate just like Tire Rack if people will use the link on our site and the purchases will help the club.Best service I have ever had. Shipping to my house is no longer than 2 days max!!! Customer service is superb, I remember last year I had ordered about 5 different pads for compounding and polishing and 1 pad got torn up pretty bad after using it 1 time (defect). I called them up and without hesitation they sent out 2, 1 for replacement and another color just to try!! How cool is that!:thumbsup:
They are the only people I ever order from when it comes to car related products.:)

SvilleCobra
10-31-2008, 08:21 PM
OK...XCobraX...you were right. I trained myself on the orbital starting on my wife's Honda Odyssey, then my Audi A4, and then the redfire Cobra. I will always use the orbital with some hand work to finish up the details. My Cobra has never looked so good!

Orbital rules!

Zaino still my fave...recenlty tried Griots #3 Polish & then "Best of Show" wax....easy to apply & a great shine close to Zaino. Meg-NXT Gen. still in the hunt for 2nd fave although Griots may have beat it out.