PDA

View Full Version : Rev limiter reset on '01 SVT Cobra

68fastback
03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi all, I'm new here (from StangsUnleashed/TeamShelby) and signed up because I'm trying to help a friend with a problem with his '01 SVT Cobra and I figured you all might have the answer.

He had a custom tune done (and has an SCT-II tuner) to tweak his new JLT CAI and Magnaflow exhaust. Picked up some nice power and a ton of throttle-response, but the tuner removed the rev limiter.

Question: can he re-apply or set the revlimiter somehow using the SCT-II tuner without having to trek back to the tuner (who is far from his location). Is it a relatively easy thing to do? I believe it was set at 6800 from the factory and that's what he wants to reset it to.

Thanks for any/all help and if you're ever over on SU/TS or GT500 foums I'd be please to return the favor if I can!!

Dan (from upstate NY's Catskill Mountains)

scorpio
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
if he has the handheld, he can go in and change it back.

68fastback
03-04-2008, 11:04 PM
if he has the handheld, he can go in and change it back.
Thanks, scorpio!

Do you know whether he needs to upload anything from the SCT-II CD (that came with the tuner) or can he simply set the limiter right from some menu on the tuner?

Dan

scorpio
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
should be able to do it right from the tuner. i have an x-cal 3 and it will let me adjust the rev limiter.

68fastback
03-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks, my friend -- I'll give it a try when I see him.

Dan