PDA

View Full Version : Drove a 2006 Ford GT today at CMP.......

cobrabitn
03-09-2008, 06:40 PM
All I can say is I was big grins all day today knowing I was going to drive a Ford GT for the first time and all I can say is SAAAAWEEEEEEEEEEEET! I don't think anyone could wipe the smile off my face when I sat down in that thing and got buckled in.... :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Awesome braking, ungodly torque and horsepower. That thing practically drove itself around the track!!! :p

SuperG
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Pics? Video? Audio?

Sounds like a ton of fun!

RF Cobra
03-09-2008, 08:39 PM
I guess sometimes it pays to be short! ;)

All I can say is I was big grins all day today knowing I was going to drive a Ford GT for the first time and all I can say is SAAAAWEEEEEEEEEEEET! I don't think anyone could wipe the smile off my face when I sat down in that thing and got buckled in.... :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Awesome braking, ungodly torque and horsepower. That thing practically drove itself around the track!!! :p

cobrabitn
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't have pics but Jeff had someone take a photo while I was in the car. It wasn't equipped with a video camera but I wish some one could keep upwith me to video it......... :rotf:

Yes Allan, it does pay to be short! I fit in that thing like a glove. :thumbsup:

nckissfan
03-10-2008, 06:28 AM
man, I would just like to ride in one.

RF Cobra
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! :cool:

Sure you still want a Shelby?

I don't have pics but Jeff had someone take a photo while I was in the car. It wasn't equipped with a video camera but I wish some one could keep upwith me to video it......... :rotf:

Yes Allan, it does pay to be short! I fit in that thing like a glove. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Allan,

The Ford GT was probably the sweetest car I have ever driven but in reality, it is way out of my price range. I'd like to have a Shelby but something would have to go first. I must admit that this year is home repair year of which we just had a new roof put on the house. That means next year, 2009, may be the year of the new Snake! :thumbsup:

I had a ton of fun and everyone that helped out at CMP was great. It seems like every year we get better and better at putting this event on and more people tend to like to come out to our events. I did run with Asphalt Ventures today and got a ton of track time, so much my arms are hurting. I met a lot of nice track junkies today and some may be coming out to future SCMC events. They had two really awesome turbo Porsches, about the only two cars I couldn't pass today. ;)

Scream Machine
03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Tony,

Was Asphalt Adventures pretty organized with the open track all day?

Allan,

The Ford GT was probably the sweetest car I have ever driven but in reality, it is way out of my price range. I'd like to have a Shelby but something would have to go first. I must admit that this year is home repair year of which we just had a new roof put on the house. That means next year, 2009, may be the year of the new Snake! :thumbsup:

I had a ton of fun and everyone that helped out at CMP was great. It seems like every year we get better and better at putting this event on and more people tend to like to come out to our events. I did run with Asphalt Ventures today and got a ton of track time, so much my arms are hurting. I met a lot of nice track junkies today and some may be coming out to future SCMC events. They had two really awesome turbo Porsches, about the only two cars I couldn't pass today. ;)

cobrabitn
03-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes Ronnie, Stacy did a great job putting the event on and the track time was unlimited all day. Just go on and off as you like with a 5 minute break every hour at the top of the hour. There was about 30 cars there so while some were on, others were off and the track wasn't crowded at any given time. I recommend you go to some of Stacy's track days to get more seat time.

Of course we always want you to attend SCMC events, too. :D

Scream Machine
03-11-2008, 09:22 PM
You can count on that. Already counting down to V.I.R.

SuperG
03-12-2008, 08:11 AM
...Just go on and off as you like with a 5 minute break every hour at the top of the hour.
Now that's the way to go!!!

DWC
03-27-2008, 10:50 AM
You are a lucky man, and someone is very brave to let you drive their Ford GT:D

Daniel

cobrabitn
03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Yes, Woodard is a very generous member. I'm sure he felt nervous about it but he was very calming around the track telling me I was doing a good job driving the car. :D