PDA

View Full Version : Tri-state/Bucks VIR thread

Stavesacre21
03-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Figured that with enough of us starting to look into going to VIR, i'd get us a thread started for any details/etc. Afterall, its less then 3 months away! :bounce:

First off, who's all plannin on goin? I'm about 95% sure i'll be headin down this year, so you can count me in...as well as in on the caravan from Mikes.

Already talked to mike and we're lookin into stayin at his place wednesday night so that we can just take off that Thursday morning and head down to get the cars teched and all.

Anyone made their reservations yet? Best Western is just a little cheaper, so i'm leaning that way.

SvilleCobra
03-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I will work on finalizing my plans this week...on Spring Break w/ the family this past week. I would guess I would drive with anyone going although I was thinking just Fri. and Sat. for me on this event...3 full days is tough. I will be back in the next few days with my plans...

Stavesacre21
03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Sounds good man.

I've ran into some heavy unexpected expenses in the last few weeks, so i'm gonna have to refigure a few things to make sure i can still head down. I'll be so friggin mad if i have to miss again this year for another friggin house expense :mad:

SvilleCobra
04-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Ok...somebody help me. Times are tight....money tighter. I have some fun $$ for the summer season but am having a hard time justifying spending $1,000+ on the VIR event. Btwn the registration fee, gas, brakepads, tech prep, hotel, post weekend car maintenance, etc....this is an expensive weekend that will take up a large chunk of my entertainment dollars for a while.

Convince me to attend! Please!

Lumpydogs
04-10-2008, 06:30 PM
What day is the Buckeye caravan heading out?

Maybe you'll have some room for a wolverine in the convoy.

mojosvt
04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Mike, I am not going to be a big help. I am pretty sure I am out. Colleen has taken ill, and been off for for the past 4 weeks with no sign of going back yet. So the monjot summer budget not only went outg the window, it totally disappeared. I no longer have cash for a roll bar, let alone the event. Things could change, but I am not counting on it.:(

Stavesacre21
04-11-2008, 11:56 AM
as much as i'd like to talk you into it mike, i'm finding myself in a surprisingly similar spot :( Water heater went bad and before we noticed it, it rotted away the floorboards and destroyed 1/2 the living room padding, and the carpet may need replaced too. Right there is about the cost of VIR. It's not looking all that likely to me, and i know from adding up the numbers that VIR would be well over a $1K by the time everything is added in.

Sounds like the bucks are falling apart :mad:

psycho43142
04-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Sorry to hear bout Colleen, hope she gets better soon.

mojosvt
04-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear bout Colleen, hope she gets better soon.
Thanks Chris. She is a tough cookie, and we will get through. Just have to keep our heads up!

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend at the first auto-x. I was thinking about trying to make the test and tune this weekend, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Stavesacre21
04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
hope she's doin better as well, mike

again i'm pretty sure i won't be at VIR, and uncertain of the dyno day, if it's still fallin into place. Let me know how things are lookin with all of the auto-x/dyno day stuff. Someone actually is offering to buy the coupe off me, so i'm teetering on doing so to maybe pick up a terminator. A lot will obviously depend on that going through or not.

SvilleCobra
04-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Mike,

Colleen is the priority and I am with you both on her getting better. Life has a way of pointing you where you are supposed to go. Guess the Buckeye SCMCers are just not meant to partake in VIR this year.

All,
Good luck next weekend with the dyno and auto-x. I will think about you guys as I am reliving college days....

Keep an eye on this board...we will all get together soon for something.

Have a great weekend all.

psycho43142
04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
We need one of those Terminator things to show up at the AX so I can beat up on it.