PDA

View Full Version : Autocross action anyone?

gtdrivr
03-19-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.houscca.com/solo/specialevents.asp

I know you guys are track guys, but I dont have the power for that anymore, lol. I think I am going to beat the subbie around some cones. Just thought I would post here in case anyone is interested.

jimmysidecarr
03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm booked that weekend... :D http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15376

gtdrivr
03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Like I said...I dont have the HP to play with you guys there. I might have some sort of a chance with sharp turns and a tight cone configuration, lol.

Exige
03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Like I said...I dont have the HP to play with you guys there. I might have some sort of a chance with sharp turns and a tight cone configuration, lol.Im running TWS with these guys and I only have 220hp, if The Admiral shows in his Miata he will only have about 125-135hp... Its not a hp game..

jimmysidecarr
03-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Very true! A WRX is an excellent open track car. TWS is kinda known as a horsepower track but that should not stop you from cashing in on the fun. You never know what cars you may end passing or getting passed by. I didn't let it bother me, If I got passed by a car I felt should be slower than my car, then that just means the driver is that much better than I am, Good for him/her!

In the first 2 run groups the drivers skills and how quickly they learn will determine who and what is quicker.

In the beginning you will find that the cars are almost irrelevant.
Can you imagine me getting a point by from a C6 ZO6??? It happened 2 years ago at MSR Houston, and it was yellow run group!

gtdrivr
03-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Very true! A WRX is an excellent open track car. TWS is kinda known as a horsepower track but that should not stop you from cashing in on the fun. You never know what cars you may end passing or getting passed by. I didn't let it bother me, If I got passed by a car I felt should be slower than my car, then that just means the driver is that much better than I am, Good for him/her!

In the first 2 run groups the drivers skills and how quickly they learn will determine who and what is quicker.

In the beginning you will find that the cars are almost irrelevant.
Can you imagine me getting a point by from a C6 ZO6??? It happened 2 years ago at MSR Houston, and it was yellow run group!
He was in awe...it IS a mystichrome!

I need to do a little suspension work at least. new tires and alignment coming in a matter of hours.

I may think about coming down to play with you guys once I get more used to the car. For now, I think I'd rather run over cones than run off track if I F up!

Admiral
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Im running TWS with these guys and I only have 220hp, if The Admiral shows in his Miata he will only have about 125-135hp... Its not a hp game..

Uh, more like 110hp and according to my competitors that's a PRO MOTOR in SM lol.

Like these guys have said, it's not about HP. I had a WRX kick my tail at TWS for 3/4ths of the track and I was in my Supercharged C4 Corvette with the sticky big tires and upgraded big brakes!

Darn all wheel drive cars, it's like cheating bigtime..... :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
03-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Uh, more like 110hp and according to my competitors that's a PRO MOTOR in SM lol.

Like these guys have said, it's not about HP. I had a WRX kick my tail at TWS for 3/4ths of the track and I was in my Supercharged C4 Corvette with the sticky big tires and upgraded big brakes!

Darn all wheel drive cars, it's like cheating bigtime..... :thumbsup:

Yep they are ULTRA FORGIVING!! There is not much with 4 wheels that is easier to catch if you do mess up.