PDA

View Full Version : 01 license tag bbracket

WVSNS&
03-26-2008, 03:56 PM
On my front tag bracket...the two bolts holding the tag on have been dug into the bumper cover since I got it four years ago. Now a shop is telling me that it may be the wrong bracket. Is this one looking stock or is it some sort of after thought?

John

cobrabitn
03-27-2008, 09:13 PM
John,

They make a plate holder that is bolted from the bottom of the bumper cover so you don't have to dig in the front bumper cover. I'm not sure about the plate holder you have there but I don't think it is a stock one??

WVSNS&
03-27-2008, 09:24 PM
That is what I thought. This is a metal bracket riveted on under the bumper. The bolts have dug into the bumper cover over the years and made a mess. I am going to try to find someone to paint the front cover and possibly the rear...looks like a few parking lot dings have caused the paint to chip out back.

John

Playtme
03-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I have never seen that kinda bracket on an 99-01 Cobra. Normally they are just screwed into the bmper cover. I just checked mine and there are four small dimples where you would put the screwes.

cobrabitn
03-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Not to hijack but Joe, how did you like the jacket?? Inquiring minds want to know? :doubt:

nckissfan
03-28-2008, 09:32 AM
there are some that make a bracket that bolts to the bottom of the radiator, but not to the bumper at all. Then, when they get to shows, they just take the bracket off. I have seen several, they work out well.

Playtme
03-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Not to hijack but Joe, how did you like the jacket?? Inquiring minds want to know? :doubt:Jacket looks great! Will try to figure out posting pic's this weekend if not I'll get Larry over here to "learn me how."

And Now Back To The Topic..............;)

scarface
03-30-2008, 09:36 AM
this is what the stock one looks like.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/davidrhoades/new%20hood/IMG_0521.jpg