PDA

View Full Version : Spare Parts Value

MadMax
04-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I have done a number of upgrades to my Cobra and have a lot of extra parts laying around. Does anyone know if these parts have any value and if so what is the best way to sell them? Thanks in advance for any help.

1999 Cobra SVT wheels/Tires
Front bumper cover
Hood
Shocks, Rotors, Springs

ProfChaos
04-18-2008, 05:09 AM
I have done a number of upgrades to my Cobra and have a lot of extra parts laying around. Does anyone know if these parts have any value and if so what is the best way to sell them? Thanks in advance for any help.

1999 Cobra SVT wheels/Tires
Front bumper cover
Hood
Shocks, Rotors, Springs

If it were my choice, I would hang onto the hood, as those rascals are eventually going to be hard to come by, and you might eventually want to be stock in that regard, as far as the collectible nature of the car goes. The same advice goes with the bumper cover, if you changed it from the stock cover to something different than the '99 Cobra look. (Like guitar collectors, car collectors tend to be finicky about that sort of thing.)

The wheels are probably your best shot at getting a nice chunk of cash: The '96-'98 Cobra wheels (with the rare grey inserts) sometimes sell for as much as $500 each, as they are susceptible to curb rash, are hard to find, and are apparently no longer available through Ford. (I would check eBay to possibly find the going rate for OEM--stock--'99 Cobra wheels [looking for a fairly common Buy It Now price].)

If Ford is about to sell-out of New Old Stock of the '99 Cobra wheels, it might also be worth hanging onto the wheels for a little while (for the market price to appreciate), especially if they are unique to the '99 Cobra: Ford discontinues parts regularly to increase profit and save warehouse space and will not likely refresh their supply of '99 Cobra wheels once they run out of New Old Stock, as they apparently did with the '96-'98 Cobra wheels.

There are loads of cheap-looking "Cobra R" knock-off wheels out there, but stock Cobra rims are of unique design for the car, are surprisingly flashy, and are getting rarer every time some joker breaks one in a pothole or scrapes one sharply against a high curb. :D

cheers, :cheers:
--Professor Chaos

brkntrxn
04-25-2008, 10:25 PM
1999 Cobra SVT wheels/Tires -- wheels are worth 250-350 depending on condition and desire of buyer
Front bumper cover - some demand, depending on condition and color
Hood - not worth much at all. every V6 has one
Shocks, Rotors, Springs - rotors are worth more than anything else

How much do you want for the bumper cover and rotors?

Bartman01
04-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Just my 2 cents, but you can still pick up the painted wheels new for 130 or less (I paid 105 to replaced a scratched one a couple of years ago). The chrome ones are more 'desirable', but even those are just 170 new right now. The rotors are currently $62 each new from Tirerack.

None of the parts you listed have any strong current value. They may have some value in the future so unless you are strapped for cash I would hold on to them.