PDA

View Full Version : Window motor

kencobra
04-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Anyone know of a good inexpensive shop that will replace the motor for the drivers side window. Mine is out again, this is twice now and the Cobra only has 35,000 miles on it. The first one was replaced by Ford under warranty. I called them and the approx cost this time would be 225.00 for motor and 160.00 labor :eek: The widow is stuck in the down position until it gets fixed.

gtdrivr
04-07-2008, 10:48 AM
It's a garage queen...who needs windows?? Rip them out and save weight!!!

Sorry, man...cant help you on this one, but I CAN talk crap (if you hadnt noticed).

I know...damn yankees!

kencobra
04-08-2008, 11:14 PM
That is King not Queen and only for the last few thousand miles, buddy. :D

jimmysidecarr
04-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I was going to PM you a quote but my trim guys have been so backed up I didn't want to expose you to a possible negative experience.
I can get you the parts at employee price but my trim guys are running 2 days behind right now.

We have been slammed at work!!!
BTW Even a bad window lift motor will often move if given a good hit. This is how they are able to position the glass and regulator to remove it. Sometimes even a good slam of the door will get the thing up, and save you from having to tape plastic all over.

gtdrivr
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
BTW Even a bad window lift motor will often move if given a good hit. .See, just go to a gas station to get out of the rain. Someone will give you a "good hit" and all will be solved.

kencobra
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I was going to PM you a quote but my trim guys have been so backed up I didn't want to expose you to a possible negative experience.
I can get you the parts at employee price but my trim guys are running 2 days behind right now.

We have been slammed at work!!!
BTW Even a bad window lift motor will often move if given a good hit. This is how they are able to position the glass and regulator to remove it. Sometimes even a good slam of the door will get the thing up, and save you from having to tape plastic all over.

Any idea how long (days) the car would need to be their since they are already backed up. Any of these guys work on the side ?

kencobra
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
See, just go to a gas station to get out of the rain. Someone will give you a "good hit" and all will be solved.

Very funny Mr zoom zoom zoom !

jimmysidecarr
04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Any idea how long (days) the car would need to be their since they are already backed up. Any of these guys work on the side ?

Call me at work tomorrow morning(8:15 AM or there abouts) It appears things have calmed down since I posted that 2 days ago. I'll also ask about the side thing. We have to be careful about that however, a side thing would have to be off premises, and only the part would have the 12/12 warranty.