PDA

View Full Version : I bought HIDS!!!

Evilcartman
04-07-2008, 10:41 PM
At least that is what my credit card statement says. This weekend I was checking my Amex balance online. I noticed an odd item on the list. Ultrabrightlights.com for $330. I called Amex and tell them I didn't buy this item. They noted it and cancelled my card, which was still in my wallet. I called ultrabrightlights.com and they said the package was delivered 2 miles away in Fairfield to a house on Thursday and signed by a D. Hubbard. A family with the last name of Littleton lives there. I verified on Hcad, the plates on the í03 Tahoe in the driveway matched and so does public data. I call the cops since it is so close to home hoping they would drive straight over and handle it. Being a saturday night, the tard could have been installing the HIDs at the time. That would be great catching him in the act.

Talking to the owner of UBL, he gave me everything on these people. I got an email address, 2 phone numbers, shipping address, tracking numbers, copy of signature on shipping, a copy of the original invoice. The guy was very helpful. When the cops leave, they told me that they would turn it over to a detective. I handed them 7 pages of documents and print outs. I really wish they would have at least drove by the house. Iím waiting to hear back and the report should be online within 10 days, but Iím so tempted to knock on the door, call, email, whatever. Once I find out what happened, my next step is to get this guy fired from the job that he wrote down my info at. I looked and in the last month, I have used that card at 3 different places out near the house. That should make it easier to track down, since I have two last names to go off of. The last place we went is about a mile away from the delivery location. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

cobrabitn
04-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Totally sucks! :edmond: I don't know why people just don't want to do things the right way? :scratch:

SuperG
04-08-2008, 07:21 AM
If you have the time, then follow him to work some morning...otherwise, don't let him know you are on to him, that way when he is caught (and hopefully you have your camera with you when that happens) he'll still have the HID's in his possession.

Otherwise, when a detective gets assigned, then contact him and you guys can work out when this arrest will happen...he can easily find out where he works.

Oh, and you can call all 3 businesses and simply ask for the guy...then when he answers hang up.

jlg32281
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
You do realize that you can sue this guy along with the store that leaked the info? Hit me up if you're interested in more details. (I'm in law school and have access to lots of legal info.)

Just so you know, if you don't ride the detective, nothing will ever happen. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Seriously, most things like that don't ever get prosecuted. I assume you are pressing charges. Call the detective every day. Tell the detective to call you everyday and report. This sounds stupid, but that's the way it is, you have to work much harder than the detective. If things are going too slow, call the local news channel and tell them you're story, on a slow news day, they might pick up your story. Right now it's very popular to show how inefficient law enforcement is with the Chuck Rosenthall stuff going on. Media coverage always gets their attention.

I'm a very vendictive person and would do something on my own if I were you. But be smart. Since you have his email, address, etc. you can get online and find out his SS#. That guy would be buying so much stuff via the internet. It would be great, the repo guy would be at his house every day.

Another idea would be to simply start sabotaging his stuff. Sugar in the gas tank is always a good one. A small hollow ball from a kid game can also really goof up a car. You'll need a ball small enough to fit down the gas pipe. Now this will not damage the vehicle in any way, but when ever the gas pickup hits the ball, it will stick to the pick up and block it off and the car will die from no fuel. As soon as the car dies, it will start again w/ no problems and will die every time the ball touches the pick up.

Now, I personally don't have the balls or the morals to do any of these sabotages, but they're fun to think about. I'm a believer of forgive and forget, but the vendictive side of me lives strong in my thougts.

Bartman01
04-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm a very vendictive person and would do something on my own if I were you.

The problem with this is the likelyhood the original perp will probably not get prosecuted, but you would be.

gtdrivr
04-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Sounds like you just don't want to admit to buying HIDs. :p Did you get the altezza tails, neon kit, CF hood, 2' tall aluminum wing, and 6"exhaust tips, too??

J/K

Sorry to hear about the headache. It happens to all of us sooner or later, you were just lucky enough to find out WHO did it. There may be light at the end of the tunnel for this case.

Evilcartman
04-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for all the tips and comment guys. I plan to take as much legal action as I can. It is already off my CC bill, but I want payback. I also found out today that they used it to sign up for match.com and yahoopersonals.com.

97CasperCobra
04-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I also used it to sign up for match.com and yahoopersonals.com.
Does Todd know that he is not fulfilling your needs in a partner?? I'm sure you guys can work this out, ANYTHING is possible. I would hate for him to find out you guys are over on the SCMC message boards.... :(

Evilcartman
04-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Does Todd know that he is not fulfilling my needs in a partner??

That is something you will have to ask him yourself CASPA. :D :D

On a side note, maybe I can sue this theft for pain and suffering. I could say that Angela and I got into a huge argument when she saw I signed up for two different dating services on our credit card. :rolleyes:

backnblack
04-10-2008, 01:52 AM
You have his email, you could send him anonymous emails like....I know what you did, do you think your that BRIGHT, hey how are those lights working for you, think you could order me some....

jlg32281
04-10-2008, 08:31 AM
You can actually sue for damages, which can be calculated very liberally. You can claim anxiety, suffering, etc. Plus you can take your salary and break it down to an hourly pay, and calculate the number of hours you spent clearing this up. On top of that, you can also ask for punitive damages, and in a case like this, you will almost certainly be awarded punitive damages. I say sue, you don't need a lawyer, just file in small claims court. I would go for the small claims court max. I believe Harris County is 5k. Send me a PM if you need more info.

Evilcartman
04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
You can actually sue for damages, which can be calculated very liberally. You can claim anxiety, suffering, etc. Plus you can take your salary and break it down to an hourly pay, and calculate the number of hours you spent clearing this up. On top of that, you can also ask for punitive damages, and in a case like this, you will almost certainly be awarded punitive damages. I say sue, you don't need a lawyer, just file in small claims court. I would go for the small claims court max. I believe Harris County is 5k. Send me a PM if you need more info.

PM sent.

ORANGE CRUSH
04-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Does Todd know that he is not fulfilling your needs in a partner?? I'm sure you guys can work this out, ANYTHING is possible. I would hate for him to find out you guys are over on the SCMC message boards.... :(

Mike, don't make me go there.
Peanut Butter jelly time:banana:

Uuummmm Butterscotch..........

93KingCobra
04-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Man Keith that sucks to hear...hope it all works out for you...

Evilcartman
04-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Me too man. Jared has been a big help though. I'm not letting up. I'm stalking this guy like crazy. I am considering that once it over, emailing everyone on his MySpace page what happened. I know where he works, his position and what his schedule is. What he drives. License plate. Birth date. Home Address. The time he moved to Houston from Ohio. His Cell phone number. Where his girlfriend lives. Email address. What he looks like. What college and highschool he went to. Next on my list is to find what his favorite type of ice cream is.

What would be cool, once it is all said and done, send him the same message on all types of communication tools. Maybe something like: "Your lights are brighter than you are" sent to his cell phone as a text, his email, a letter in the mail to his house and his girlfriends house, myspace page, yahoopersonals, reunioin.com, a note on his car at work, etc. I know that would creep me out.

SuperG
04-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Man, just don't forget the video camera!!!

gtdrivr
04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Yahoo personals?? Send that link to his GF. She might have something to say about that. OR, you can set up an account and lure him to meet you (Hot chick), then F his day all up.

PS...I had a worthless ****er pull a glock on me yesterday, I'm ready for confrontation :mad:

Exige
04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
BTW, where does this guy work so I know not to go there?

Evilcartman
04-14-2008, 07:40 PM
BTW, where does this guy work so I know not to go there?

Krogers @ Spring Cypress

Exige
04-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Krogers @ Spring CypressI feel better now, dont shop at Krogers, either Randals or HEB for me.. :)

Firme
04-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Krogers @ Spring Cypress

Did he get your CC info when you shopped at Kroger??

Angel
04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Did he get your CC info when you shopped at Kroger??
Its possible. But anywhere in the Local of the Perputrator he could have had the CC # Stolen.

I would suggest asking the CC Company to Issue him a new Card and New I.D. Number. Both Numbers are necessary for Validation; and it would be more difficult to get frauded. Also, get with your Issueing Bank to have a Fraud Alert placed on your Account. If the Criminal has access to his CC, then, they may have acquired access to Bank Info and subsequently, may attack there next.

Filing a Report of Investigation helps towards a possible LawSuit. Also, having the Records of Effort to Remedy the Crime. But, unfortunately, in today's Society, one needs to employ Assertion, Evidence, Examples and have the backing of the Law and also the extent of the Media.

Been there myself, and I can tell you the best way is Records, Informing the Law, and of Course employing the Media. If these don't solve the problem, I would be surprised.

Lastly, hit them in the sore spot. Study what they are doing, regularily, what they like, i.e. the Yahoo and MySpace, and attack them there without leaving Traceability. Do it unemotionally and politely. It would be the next best thing to hitting them in the pocketbook. :D

Evilcartman
04-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm pretty much headed in the right directions. Angela has a family member very high up in the Harris county Sheriff's office. This thing is about to really pick up. I already have the new credit card and I have been using it. We still have a fraud alert on all accounts from when our house was broken into and our passports/CC were stolen. I don't know how he got my CC info, but he is a night time manager, so who knows. That is one the thing I want to find out.

Check out the picture of this guy.

ORANGE CRUSH
04-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm pretty much headed in the right directions. Angela has a family member very high up in the Harris county Sheriff's office. This thing is about to really pick up. I already have the new credit card and I have been using it. We still have a fraud alert on all accounts from when our house was broken into and our passports/CC were stolen. I don't know how he got my CC info, but he is a night time manager, so who knows. That is one the thing I want to find out.

Check out the picture of this guy.

What a dork! I'll keep my eye out for him. I would love to take this pic to Krogers and show the store manager and let him know what he did.

texaswrx
04-16-2008, 10:54 AM
If you want any more info, feel free to send his info to me as well, via pm. I have many friends in LE, if you want any more info