PDA

View Full Version : For all PS3 owners (or 'hey Edmond')... GT5 Prologue out tomorrow 4/16

Bartman01
04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Looks like GT5 Prologue is actually hitting the shelves tomorrow. Includes 16 player multiplayer. Got my Logitech G25 wheel waiting.

93KingCobra
04-15-2008, 06:17 PM
He should have bought a Xbox :D :D :D :D

FST ORNG
04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
He should have bought both :D :D Looking forward to gt5

Evilcartman
04-15-2008, 07:08 PM
That game looks good enough to make me buy a PS3, but I have so many 360 games I haven't finished. The interior view is amazing though.

Bartman01
04-15-2008, 07:11 PM
That game looks good enough to make me buy a PS3, but I have so many 360 games I haven't finished. The interior view is amazing though.

Don't think of it as a PS3, think of it as the fastest loading - only upgradeable Blu-Ray player on the market... That just happens to play GT5.

Evilcartman
04-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Don't think of it as a PS3, think of it as the fastest loading - only upgradeable Blu-Ray player on the market... That just happens to play GT5.

I will use that on Angela and see if it works. :) Seriously though, does it double as a movie player very well? I ask because I have yet to use a console that functions perfectly as a player. If I use the 360, the remote turns off which makes pausing the movie to answer the phone a pain. The cooling fans are noisy. I also hate to think that watching movies all the time will wear out the console faster.

Bartman01
04-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I will use that on Angela and see if it works. :) Seriously though, does it double as a movie player very well? I ask because I have yet to use a console that functions perfectly as a player. If I use the 360, the remote turns off which makes pausing the movie to answer the phone a pain. The cooling fans are noisy. I also hate to think that watching movies all the time will wear out the console faster.

The PS3 is the *Best* BluRay player available right now with 1 big issue:
The remote is bluetooth only - no IR, so it can't be programmed in to a universal remote (and it is not back lit).

Even my 'older' hotter PS3 is quiet enough for movies. I use it for BluRay and an HDDVD player for HDDVD and DVD.

IMHO - the PS3 is worth the money JUST for the BluRay playback alone. If you are planning to buy a BR player anyway it should be on the short list.

Bartman01
04-15-2008, 07:48 PM
If I use the 360, the remote turns off which makes pausing the movie to answer the phone a pain.

I have my 360 programmed to a universal remote.

Exige
04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Picked up a PS3 last week to use as a Blueray player as my DVD player died. Figured what the hell its no more expensive than a standard player and I can play games on it as well.

Evilcartman
04-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Picked up a PS3 last week to use as a Blueray player as my DVD player died. Figured what the hell its no more expensive than a standard player and I can play games on it as well.

Ah, you guys are killing me. I want, but I can't spend.

93KingCobra
04-15-2008, 10:19 PM
That is what I was thinking.....But I think one console was expensive enough right now....maybe next year. :D

Firme
04-16-2008, 09:02 AM
I will be picking up GT5 Prologue, as well as GTA IV when it comes out.

YES. It has worked beautifully as BluRay player. As Bart said, the remote is blue tooth, but I love it. Once you watch 1080p movies on a 1080p set, there is no going back.

Exige
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Just picked up GT5 today, Ill let you guys know how it is once I get a chance to play it.