PDA

View Full Version : 03 Cobra exhaust

bubbaduk
04-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I want to change the mufflers to get a more throaty sound.What would be the ones to get? Or would removing the cats achieve the same results ?

93KingCobra
04-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Its all a matter of how much you want to spend....I you have the money I would go with Bassani or another good system would be the Magnaflows...If I was you I would do a search on YOUTUBE for exhaust sound clips on 03-04 Cobras and see what sounds best to you....

SuperG
04-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Yeah, what Phil said...also, there is a thread for exhaust notes on svtperformance.com.

mojo dad
04-21-2008, 10:47 AM
I just took off the cats and replaced with the Bassani Xpipe. I still have the Magnaflow mufflers and I love the new sound. It is now sounds like a muscle car. I am going over to Corsa to investigate their aggressive muffler. I have been told I might get less drone at highway speeds.

leluckjr
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
I have the Bassani and really like them, nice sound. A friend purchased the Bassani for an 03 Convertible and he does not like them. To make a long story short he now has them for sale at less than half the cost. He can be reached @ seadog@cableone.net.

cbj5259
05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
If your talking strictly catback...I prefer the SLP moudmouths. Either 1 or 2. The LM1's have a slightly meaner sound. The LM2 might have a more throaty sound that your looking for. I would def check out some youtube clips first. I have the LM1's on my and love the sound. Its all about preference.

red04svtcobra
05-16-2008, 11:57 PM
If your talking strictly catback...I prefer the SLP moudmouths. Either 1 or 2. The LM1's have a slightly meaner sound. The LM2 might have a more throaty sound that your looking for. I would def check out some youtube clips first. I have the LM1's on my and love the sound. Its all about preference.
I wouldn't consider lm's as being throaty, much more like raspy, loud, and abnoxious. :eek:

JROC
05-20-2008, 03:18 AM
I went with a Magnaflow CB and Mac Prochamber because it has somewhat of a traditional Muscle Car sound, but at the same time its not obnoxious, and its really pretty quite when your not on the throttle. I really like my setup a lot. Many Cobra owners on svtp recommend Borla Stingers and a catted Bassani x-pipe which I think sounds pretty good.