PDA

View Full Version : Here is the Instrument Cluster Diagnostic Procedure

SuperG
04-27-2008, 08:23 AM
http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm

Jimmy had suggested there was a way to more accurately monitor engine coolant temp rather than relying on the gauge...well, above is the link to describe how to get various information onto the digital display of 99 and up Cobras...

puzzle13
04-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Just put an Autometer mechanical temperature guage in with the sensor going in on the bottom side of the block on the driver's side. Always works with very accurate temps!

SuperG
04-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Now that I have tried on the '03...the procedure just to get the diagnostic going (press button, turn key on) does not seem to work...perhaps only '99s?

ausie
04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
It works for my 04. I have done it a few times. Press and hold the reset button and wiat for all the guages to spike then release it while turning the key on. Note: the temps displayed are in Celcius. I keep forgetting about that diagnostic thing and wanted to use it at the track so see a digital readout of the speed.

SuperG
04-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Eh, never mind...it worked...I just didn't hold the button down long enough. First the trip meter comes on, then the diagnostic followed by the gauges all going to max...